Chancellor Merkel: German Muslims Must Obey German Law, Not Sharia

USArmyRetired

Rookie
May 29, 2010
Merkel can say such a thing, but every Muslim knows that Islam must one day reign supreme over all other laws and constructs of men. What the Germans and others in the West need to understand now is that Islam is the worst form of totalitarianism on Earth. It is treasonous towards all other forms of government. There is no such thing as a moderate Muslim. One thing that struck me she said was this sentence:

"Our culture is based on Christian and Jewish values and has been for hundreds of years, not to say thousands."

German Muslims must obey law, not sharia - Merkel | Reuters

(Reuters) - Chancellor Angela Merkel said on Wednesday Muslims must obey the constitution and not sharia law if they want to live in Germany, which is debating the integration of its 4 million-strong Muslim population.
In the furore following a German central banker's blunt comments about Muslims failing to integrate, moderate leaders including President Christian Wulff have urged Germans to accept that "Islam also belongs in Germany."
The debate comes against a backdrop of U.S. and British concerns over the threat of terrorist attacks by militant Islamists living in Germany, with Berlin toning down such fears.

Merkel faces corresponding discussions inside her Christian Democratic Union (CDU) about whether she is conservative enough, and the centre-right leader's latest comments seemed directed at those who think Wulff went too far in appeasing the Muslims.

Wulff, who has a largely ceremonial role, used a speech on Sunday celebrating two decades of German reunification to urge harmonious integration of immigrants who until a decade ago were considered "guest workers" who would eventually return home.
But whereas the media stressed Wulff's comments about Islam, Merkel -- the daughter of a Protestant pastor brought up in East Germany, who leads a predominantly Catholic party -- said Wulff had emphasised Germany's "Christian roots and its Jewish roots."

snip..

"Now we obviously also have Muslims in Germany. But it's important in regard to Islam that the values represented by Islam must correspond with our constitution," said Merkel.

"What applies here is the constitution, not sharia."
Merkel said Germany needed imams "educated in Germany and who have their social roots here" and concluded: "Our culture is based on Christian and Jewish values and has been for hundreds of years, not to say thousands."

(Excerpt)

Current polls in Germany

Opposition
Greens -- 24%
SPD (mid-left) -- 23%
Die Linke (leftists) -- 10%
= 57%

Current government
CDU (center-right) -- 31%
FDP (market-capitalists) -- 5%
= 36%

Very serious polling institute
Forsa-Daten: Grüne überholen in Umfrage erstmals SPD - SPIEGEL ONLINE - Nachrichten - Politik

Merkel will soon pack her bags.
Germany has a 5% election treshhold, a party failing this 5% will not even get elected into Parliament. Merkels coalition partner stands at exactly 5%.

SPD+Greens
Islam will be declared same status as Christiandom and Judaism in Germany, profiting from same State advantages
Islam-Debatte: SPD und Grüne wollen Islam staatlich anerkennen - Deutschland - FOCUS Online

Merkel can say such a thing, but every Muslim knows that Islam must one day reign supreme over all other laws and constructs of men. What the Germans and others in the West need to understand now is that Islam is the worst form of totalitarianism on Earth. It is treasonous towards all other forms of government. There is no such thing as a moderate Muslim. One thing that struck me she said was this sentence:

"Our culture is based on Christian and Jewish values and has been for hundreds of years, not to say thousands."

German Muslims must obey law, not sharia - Merkel | Reuters

(Reuters) - Chancellor Angela Merkel said on Wednesday Muslims must obey the constitution and not sharia law if they want to live in Germany, which is debating the integration of its 4 million-strong Muslim population.
In the furore following a German central banker's blunt comments about Muslims failing to integrate, moderate leaders including President Christian Wulff have urged Germans to accept that "Islam also belongs in Germany."
The debate comes against a backdrop of U.S. and British concerns over the threat of terrorist attacks by militant Islamists living in Germany, with Berlin toning down such fears.

Merkel faces corresponding discussions inside her Christian Democratic Union (CDU) about whether she is conservative enough, and the centre-right leader's latest comments seemed directed at those who think Wulff went too far in appeasing the Muslims.

Wulff, who has a largely ceremonial role, used a speech on Sunday celebrating two decades of German reunification to urge harmonious integration of immigrants who until a decade ago were considered "guest workers" who would eventually return home.
But whereas the media stressed Wulff's comments about Islam, Merkel -- the daughter of a Protestant pastor brought up in East Germany, who leads a predominantly Catholic party -- said Wulff had emphasised Germany's "Christian roots and its Jewish roots."

snip..

"Now we obviously also have Muslims in Germany. But it's important in regard to Islam that the values represented by Islam must correspond with our constitution," said Merkel.

Merkel said Germany needed imams "educated in Germany and who have their social roots here" and concluded: "Our culture is based on Christian and Jewish values and has been for hundreds of years, not to say thousands."

(Excerpt)

I always get a chuckle out of you speaking for "every Muslim"....just like I would if you spoke for "every Christian."

Gee, maybe the Germans should consider dealing with their Muslim 'problem' by relocating their Muslim population to more manageable locations, you know,

maybe certain towns, certain communities, hey,

maybe some camps! You know, camps where they could concentrate Muslim populations in defined areas.

Lemme see, what would call you them...hmmmm....

I guess this statement is okay as long as it's referencing our constitution and not others, right? Or would it be correspondingly permissible for Catholic law to trump secular law in this country?
Uuuummmmm.........

Current polls in Germany

Opposition
Greens -- 24%
SPD (mid-left) -- 23%
Die Linke (leftists) -- 10%
= 57%

Current government
CDU (center-right) -- 31%
FDP (market-capitalists) -- 5%
= 36%

Very serious polling institute
Forsa-Daten: Grüne überholen in Umfrage erstmals SPD - SPIEGEL ONLINE - Nachrichten - Politik

Merkel will soon pack her bags.
Germany has a 5% election treshhold, a party failing this 5% will not even get elected into Parliament. Merkels coalition partner stands at exactly 5%.

SPD+Greens
Islam will be declared same status as Christiandom and Judaism in Germany, profiting from same State advantages
Islam-Debatte: SPD und Grüne wollen Islam staatlich anerkennen - Deutschland - FOCUS Online
Most of Europe will be a Islamic Caliphate or Neo Nazi states soon anyway, and the Netherlands is just a single nation you won't get....then again you Muslims are a greedy bunch and want it all. :lol:

Last edited:

I guess this statement is okay as long as it's referencing our constitution and not others, right? Or would it be correspondingly permissible for Catholic law to trump secular law in this country?
Uuuummmmm.........

Do Catholics demand that?
Did I say they do? Did I even insinuate? Or was it an example of a point you didn't get..... I'm gonna go with the latter.

Sorry. I don't consider navel contemplation a team sport.

Have at it.

It's not, a team sport that is. But obviously you've decided to misinterpret what I posted, just trying to rectify the situation but it appears you'd rather stick with your interpretation. I guess that suits you better than having to exercise a few gray cells. Oh well.
Oh and here's a hint. I was not comparing religions.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back