Challenging the myth of black inferiority

Wait a minute........black inferiority is a myth?

Then why the hell do black people work so hard to convince us?

Several years ago I had the same discussion with an older White woman co-worker. She told me in a very sarcastic way that Blacks have their own beauty pageant and I not so politley pointed out to her that as long as I have looked at any type of pageant on tv it has always been NOTHING BUT WHITE WOMEN! But in reality it never bothered me when I was growing up b/c there were nothing but White people on tv anyway: Bonanza, Gunsmoke, The Rifleman, Lassie, Leave it to Beaver, The Brady Bunch...you very rarely saw a Black person on those shows. But that was the sign of the times back in those days. Then everything changed and shows starring Black actors became very popular: Good Times (with JJ), The Jeffersons, Sanford and Son, Cosby...weren't those the good 'ole days when comedies were fun! I even liked Archie Bunker...and I have some White friends who didn't.

There may have been a time for BET and Miss Black America pageants, but those days are past.

If you really want to get down to the fairness aspect, in the NBA over 90% of the players are black. In the NFL 70% are black. If blacks only make up 17% of the population, is it fair for them to dominate rosters? They want equal representation on coaching staffs and ownerships. Why not relegate them to only 17% of a total roster. Then fill the rest of the rosters with Germans, Italians, Hispanics, Chinese, Native-Americans, Irish, Scottish, Korean, Indonesians, and every other ethnic group there is to assure diversity.

Several years ago I had the same discussion with an older White woman co-worker. She told me in a very sarcastic way that Blacks have their own beauty pageant and I not so politley pointed out to her that as long as I have looked at any type of pageant on tv it has always been NOTHING BUT WHITE WOMEN! But in reality it never bothered me when I was growing up b/c there were nothing but White people on tv anyway: Bonanza, Gunsmoke, The Rifleman, Lassie, Leave it to Beaver, The Brady Bunch...you very rarely saw a Black person on those shows. But that was the sign of the times back in those days. Then everything changed and shows starring Black actors became very popular: Good Times (with JJ), The Jeffersons, Sanford and Son, Cosby...weren't those the good 'ole days when comedies were fun! I even liked Archie Bunker...and I have some White friends who didn't.

There may have been a time for BET and Miss Black America pageants, but those days are past.

If you really want to get down to the fairness aspect, in the NBA over 90% of the players are black. In the NFL 70% are black. If blacks only make up 17% of the population, is it fair for them to dominate rosters? They want equal representation on coaching staffs and ownerships. Why not relegate them to only 17% of a total roster. Then fill the rest of the rosters with Germans, Italians, Hispanics, Chinese, Native-Americans, Irish, Scottish, Korean, Indonesians, and every other ethnic group there is to assure diversity.

You don't give a damn about fairness all you care about is that your race is dominant over the Black race. I bet you wish you could have lived in the day when you could have cracked a whip over a black man's back while he was tied up or put a noose around his neck and watch him suffocate to death. For all I know, you probably have already done that or witnessed it.

Casper, I bet you think blacks were inslaved because of their skin color.

No I don't. I've learned the history of black slavery, the REAL HISTORY! I know that the chiefs of the African tribes sold their black slaves to the White man...I'm not that stupid. But I'm glad they did or else I wouldn't be here. Thank, God! Afterall it was God who decided I should be born here. Not the White man, although he believes he is greater than God.

Last edited:
Chicago advertising legend Tom Burrell is making what may be the most important pitch of his life. He's trying to convince blacks that the daily consumption of negative images and stereotypes erodes self-esteem and keeps them feeling and acting like second-class citizens.

"The longest-running propaganda campaign is that of black inferiority," said Burrell, 71, the founder of the Chicago-based Burrell Communications, a multimillion-dollar ad agency specializing in the African-American market.

"We have to understand that images, symbols and words can be so powerful and so ubiquitous that they affect behavior without us knowing it."

In his popular book, "Brainwashed: Challenging the Myth of Black Inferiority," Burrell, who's African-American, said many individuals and institutions have been complicit in keeping the myth alive. Burrell takes to task the Founding Fathers; the mainstream media and advertisers; some churches and long-standing civil rights organizations; and blacks themselves who spew the N-word, link academic achievement to "acting white" or simply engage in self-destructive behavior.

Read more at:
Tom Burrell seeks to challenge myth of black inferiority - chicagotribune.com

Hmm? Why is it that when blacks "act right" they get accused of "acting white"? Isn't that why most blacks fall back to "acting ghetto"?

An uneducated, angry and evil, ignorant black person is no less so than a white person under the same circumstances and with the same goals....None!

With all the equality crap today, why are things worse than when whites were in charge?

BTW, it is the same situation in Africa.

[
You don't give a damn about fairness all you care about is that your race is dominant over the Black race. I bet you wish you could have lived in the day when you could have cracked a whip over a black man's back while he was tied up or put a noose around his neck and watch him suffocate to death. For all I know, you probably have already done that or witnessed it.

So allowing illegals to sneak into the US and force the Latino culture on every American is going to help the black race how?:lol:

Wow!!

You sure put your foot in your mouth with that one.

My guess is that you would never condescend to marry somebody from another race (like I have) or take the child of one into your home after they died from Leukemia (like I have) and raised him as your own.

My problem is with hypocrisy. Nobody should be given a leg up on anyone else purely because of the ethnic group they belong to or because of their religion or their class. What was going on in our history ended in the 70s. The systemic racism has ended for whites and now you want it to continue for blacks. You want paybacks.

You're most likely just a black version of Archie Bunker. You see everything with respect to race. You wear your race on your sleeve, and you want the government to pay for your racism with quotas and Affirmative Action. My guess is you support hate legislation that favors minorities over whites.

So, just in case I haven't been clear. Fuck off.

Last edited:
No I don't. I've learned the history of black slavery, the REAL HISTORY! I know that the chiefs of the African tribes sold their black slaves to the White man...I'm not that stupid. But I'm glad they did or else I wouldn't be here. Thank, God! Afterall it was God who decided I should be born here. Not the White man, although he believes he is greater than God.

And I suppose now you're trying to convince us you're a Christian.

I've noticed many of the most prejudice people in the world are deeply religious.

The two factors that keep most blacks from succeeding is peer pressure and institutional racism.
I'm going with low IQ's and high testosterone levels.

If you think blacks do poorly in America, they do much worse in the rest of the world.

My brother has an IQ of over 150 but he never finished HS.

What's his excuse?

I doubt intelligence is a factor. It's simply not cool to be good at school.

your brother is very much the exception. there are very few high school dropouts from the group of IQ115 and above

1198gottfred_table.gif

IanC is correct: it's not a failure on the part of blacks per se, it's that they just don't have the raw material to compete on the level of whites. They have IQ's that are 15 points lower, on average, than whites. This is a significant difference. This doesn't mean they are "inferior" in a sort of moralistic way -- just differently evolved.

Telling them that they WOULD be just like whites if only they

1) worked harder -- the Republican view

or

2) didn't face racist whites -- the Democrat view

is cruel and wrong. It's a recipe for permanent hate.

because they're just going to get frustrated trying solve a "problem" that will never be solved

Last edited:

And I suppose now you're trying to convince us you're a Christian.

I've noticed many of the most prejudice people in the world are deeply religious.

I'm sorry if I offended you. I get heated sometimes and don't express myself the way I intend to. I am definitely NOT a racist. I once worked in the office of a college where I live and the secretary to the director of the program I worked in and the basketball coach who were both White were in our office on Martin Luther King, Jr's birthday. At that time our state did not consider it a holiday. Across from our office was a Baptist church and Black people were going there to celebrate MLK'S birthday. The secretary and basketball coach were looking out the window and making fun of them. I was busy typing when the secretary turned to me and said, "I hate him and I will always hate him" referring to MLK and the basketball coach (a man) also looked at me and laughed. I just looked at them, said nothing and went back to my typing. This same woman had told me before that day that she got along with Black people and had Black friends in college. Can you explain this to me? I didn't get it then and I don't get it now.

Forum List

Back