Challeng for anti-Evolutionists

Powerman said:
In other words you're an idiot?

How would you expect someone to reproduce an accident? That tells you nothing at all yet you use that to jump to conclusions about the existence of life. You've got to be kidding me.

how would you expect someone to reproduce an accident? and you call me an idiot? hahahhah

you ever hear of car crash tests? ummmm

Powerman said:
I was being sarcastic. I can't think of any rational reason why a perfect God would want to create an imperfect group of beings to watch over and why he would want to send a great majority of them to burn in hell for eternity. This guy sounds like an asshole to me.

You have totally misrepresented Christian theology.

First, God did not create mankind imperfectly; He created mankind in His image, with the ability to choose to respond to His lovingkindness.

Second, God does notwant to send anybody to hell. However, a holy God cannot tolerate sin; because all have sinned, all are guilty before God. Therefore, if one does not accept the gift of forgiveness that comes through faith in Christ, then one is left to pay for his own sin.

I also subscribe to the irreducable complexity of the single cell. Impossible for it to have evolved, hence, a creator must be involved. End of issue. Dont need to know if the sun orbits the earth or visa versa to come to that conclusion.
Ignorance is bliss...How did we all get here? Magic!

Second, God does notwant to send anybody to hell. However, a holy God cannot tolerate sin; because all have sinned, all are guilty before God. Therefore, if one does not accept the gift of forgiveness that comes through faith in Christ, then one is left to pay for his own sin.
God created the concept of sin because God created creation. So wouldn't it stand to reason that we are all just being toyed with? "Accept me or be tortured in hell for all eternity?" Sounds like some sort of deviant game a small child would play with an ant and a magnifying glass. If God didn't want to send any soul to hell, then why would God create an arbitrary system where people will go to hell?

Mr. P said:
The biggest gripe that most anti-creationist have with creation is that it has not been "proven."

The fact is, the standard of proof that most of these anti-creationist apply to creation would result in NONE of science being "proven"

To demonstrate this - I challenge any anti-creationist to prove that the Earth orbits the Sun.

But first, pull yer head out yer ass.

Being an evoutionist I will say that the gripe is not whether or not it is proven, it is the inability to be proven or disproven scientificlly. There are two ways to prove the existence of a higher power A. die, but one is not exactly able to share the results of that experiment with the rest of the scientiffic community. B. If the power would show itself to us. The inability to gain experimental support leads Intelligent design to be unscientific. Creationism is a humanities subject and is taught as a humanities subject at many collages, including the one I am attending.

deaddude said:
Being an evoutionist I will say that the gripe is not whether or not it is proven, it is the inability to be proven or disproven scientificlly. There are two ways to prove the existence of a higher power A. die, but one is not exactly able to share the results of that experiment with the rest of the scientiffic community. B. If the power would show itself to us. The inability to gain experimental support leads Intelligent design to be unscientific. Creationism is a humanities subject and is taught as a humanities subject at many collages, including the one I am attending.

...but there exists SCIENTIFIC evidence to support the idea of Intelligent design - I'd suspect the amount of evidence is GREATER than the evidence to support macro-evolution.

:)

Look it up. :)

...but there exists SCIENTIFIC evidence to support the idea of Intelligent design - I'd suspect the amount of evidence is GREATER than the evidence to support macro-evolution.
Link please...ID is a philosophical argument, not a scientific one. It's creationism masquerading as science.

Hagbard Celine said:
God created the concept of sin because God created creation. So wouldn't it stand to reason that we are all just being toyed with? "Accept me or be tortured in hell for all eternity?" Sounds like some sort of deviant game a small child would play with an ant and a magnifying glass. If God didn't want to send any soul to hell, then why would God create an arbitrary system where people will go to hell?

It's not an "arbitrary system." It's 100% inconsistent with God's holy nature to tolerate sin.

Anyways, not trying to dodge the question in the least, but I have totally deviated from the thread topic of anti-evolution. Stone the Darwinists!!! :D

Hagbard Celine said:
Link please...ID is a philosophical argument, not a scientific one. It's creationism masquerading as science.

So are you then stating that philosophical arguments are not as valid as scientific arguments?

It's not an "arbitrary system." It's 100% inconsistent with God's holy nature to tolerate sin.

Anyways, not trying to dodge the question in the least, but I have totally deviated from the thread topic of anti-evolution. Stone the Darwinists!!!
"Let he who is without sin cast the first stone" am I right?:eek: If God is an omnipotent being and God created our existence, God would have had to create the concept of sin. Sin would not have existed had God not created a place for it in the system and deemed certain things as sin. Therefore, God could have chosen to create a more perfect system that does not incorporate sin but instead did not. Arbitrarily. Or maybe because God really is a little kid with a magnifying glass.

Hagbard Celine said:
If God is an omnipotent being and God created our existence, God would have had to create the concept of sin. Sin would not have existed had God not created a place for it in the system and deemed certain things as sin.

No, that's not how they see it. 'Sin' has to be understood in the context of God's existence: God exists and is perfectly good, in God's perfection there are certain things he abhors, those things are sins. He didn't make a table of what was sin and what wasn't, sin's are things which his perfect goodness despises.

Hagbard Celine said:
If God didn't want to send any soul to hell, then why would God create an arbitrary system where people will go to hell?
As explained, it isn't arbitrary, but though the Christian god wants all people to go to heaven you must have free will and choose it yourself. God wants you to be like him. God has free will, but is perfectly good. So he created you with free will and tells you to be good.

At least that's how I understand it.

Hagbard Celine said:
"Let he who is without sin cast the first stone" am I right?:eek: If God is an omnipotent being and God created our existence, God would have had to create the concept of sin. Sin would not have existed had God not created a place for it in the system and deemed certain things as sin. Therefore, God could have chosen to create a more perfect system that does not incorporate sin but instead did not. Arbitrarily. Or maybe because God really is a little kid with a magnifying glass.

You already know the answer to your dilema. You simply dont want to take responsability for the sinning you have done, its God's fault, he could have made a system where I couldnt sin (hmmm, but then I would be screaming for my FREEDOM:) )

Those who dont take responsability for their actions:
Five year olds with magnifying glasses...

LuvRPgrl said:
how would you expect someone to reproduce an accident? and you call me an idiot? hahahhah

you ever hear of car crash tests? ummmm

I don't expect someone to reproduce an accident. Yet you use this every day example of how unlikely it is to reproduce an accident to lead you to conclusions about our existence? Now that IS stupid.

As explained, it isn't arbitrary, but though the Christian god wants all people to go to heaven you must have free will and choose it yourself. God wants you to be like him. God has free will, but is perfectly good. So he created you with free will and tells you to be good.
Right, but the explanation has been made within the context and confines of Christian tradition. What I'm saying is that "sins" are arbitrarily separated by what is "good" in the system we live in. If God made the system, why are the things that God has deemed "sins" sins? It's because God arbitrarily decided what the sins are. In other words, what is "good" or godly in our reality is only "good" because God deemed it so. Before creation there was only God and a void right? So what basis of comparison would God have used to declare certain acts in the reality he created good or bad? It would have been arbitrary because there was no good or evil before God created reality.

The original sin was just an arbitrary rule God made telling Adam and Eve not to eat from a certain tree.

Hagbard Celine said:
Right, but the explanation has been made within the context and confines of Christian tradition. What I'm saying is that "sins" are arbitrarily separated by what is "good" in the system we live in. If God made the system, why are the things that God has deemed "sins" sins? It's because God arbitrarily decided what the sins are. In other words, what is "good" or godly in our reality is only "good" because God deemed it so. Before creation there was only God and a void right? So what basis of comparison would God have used to declare certain acts in the reality he created good or bad? It would have been arbitrary because there was no good or evil before God created reality.

The original sin was just an arbitrary rule God made telling Adam and Eve not to eat from a certain tree.

MOST 'sins' are in place to protect us from ourselves....see: homosexuality...lying...murder...etc...etc...ad nauseam.

Forum List

Back