Chalking tires unconstitutional

What are you smoking Buddy. I have not see or heard of a Cop marking tires. I did bring back thought of the Fat Cop in my hometown marking tires with a chalk on a stick. They got parking meters, and now I understand they did away with them since the downtown area died.

What are you smoking Buddy. I have not see or heard of a Cop marking tires. I did bring back thought of the Fat Cop in my hometown marking tires with a chalk on a stick. They got parking meters, and now I understand they did away with them since the downtown area died.
They do it in areas without meters but 30 min parking signs or some similar restriction

They do it in areas without meters but 30 min parking signs or some similar restriction

They mainly do it in areas with meters, but to enforce the "maximum parking time".

It's to prevent people from running out every 2 hours (if the area is a 2 hour max) and feeding the meter for another 2 hours.

They mainly do it in areas with meters, but to enforce the "maximum parking time".

It's to prevent people from running out every 2 hours (if the area is a 2 hour max) and feeding the meter for another 2 hours.
Shouldn’t matter as long as you are paying
What if you are working?

What if you are working?

Those spots aren't usually supposed to be used for work parking. Lots like that in NY have 8-12 hour limits usually. Most street spots are for 1-2 hours for shopping purposes, which is why there are there in the first place. It prevents homeowners in the area from taking up the spots.

Before the idea was solely about revenue, it was about allowing access to shopping areas. Hence the 1-2 hour limits.

The meter maids used to chalk tires where I lived for a while.

I just took a piece of chalk and added 6 or 7 more marks on my tire

Last edited:
I have not live in a metropolitan city since 1984 and it looks like I haven't missed any of the fun that goes on.

What if you are working?

~~~~~~
It doesn't matter in NYC now. A toll surcharge of $12.00 is to be placed on all vehicles that enter Manhattan below 60th Street. If you violated parking on the street that will cost you an additional fine starting at $165 and goes higher. No need for chalk marks there....

What if you are working?

~~~~~~
It doesn't matter in NYC now. A toll surcharge of $12.00 is to be placed on all vehicles that enter Manhattan below 60th Street. If you park on the street that will cost you an additional starts at $165 and goes higher. No need for chalk marks there....
One more reason not to go to NYC

What if you are working?

~~~~~~
It doesn't matter in NYC now. A toll surcharge of $12.00 is to be placed on all vehicles that enter Manhattan below 60th Street. If you park on the street that will cost you an additional starts at $165 and goes higher. No need for chalk marks there....

~~~~~~
That reason also goes for the four other boroughs of NYC.

What if you are working?

~~~~~~

To be fair you have to be crazy to drive into manhattan for work if all you are going to do is sit in an office for 8-10 hours.

What I want to see is the first day this goes into effect the entire mass transit system grinds to a halt because of the sudden surge in ridership.

What if you are working?

~~~~~~

~~~~~~

I only drive for work because I have multiple sites I have to visit most days (Queens and Brooklyn)

When I have to go to my main office (Downtown Manhattan) I take a combination of bus and trains.

What if you are working?

~~~~~~

To be fair you have to be crazy to drive into manhattan for work if all you are going to do is sit in an office for 8-10 hours.

What I want to see is the first day this goes into effect the entire mass transit system grinds to a halt because of the sudden surge in ridership.
You couldn't pay me enough to commute to Manhattan every day.

What if you are working?

~~~~~~

Mass transit isn't bad from where I live. I have a few options, bus/train, walk/train, walk/bus/train, express bus.

What if you are working?

~~~~~~

Mass transit isn't bad from where I live. I have a few options, bus/train, walk/train, walk/bus/train, express bus.
Yeah I don't do public transportation

~~~~~~

Yeah I don't do public transportation

It's all what you are used to. I've been taking NYC buses and trains to get places since high school.

What if you are working?

~~~~~~

~~~~~~
For thirty years I worked in Jersey and lived in Queens. I've commuted up to 30 miles round trip a day for some jobs I worked at. Unless I was working in South Jersey my trip consisted of driving through Manhattan to the Lincoln Tunnel to get to work. UGH!!

What if you are working?

~~~~~~

~~~~~~

I only drive for work because I have multiple sites I have to visit most days (Queens and Brooklyn)

When I have to go to my main office (Downtown Manhattan) I take a combination of bus and trains.

~~~~~~
My daughter does the same and the price of the direct buses is costly as compared to the trains.

Forum List

Back