Chalk pastels

lizzie

Zen Warrior
Jul 23, 2010
Tx
Last summer, I was in Michael's, and got a wild hair up my behind. I decided I wanted to try my hand at some type of artwork, as I had never tried before, and didn't think I could do it. I bought some supplies for watercolor, and chalk and oil pastels. I took my new stuff home, and started playing with it, not having any idea what I was doing, but I persisted, because if there is one trait that I have deeply ingrained in me, it is persistence. :razz:

I have discovered that what I really enjoy is the chalk, no matter the style. I like portraits and landscapes as a rule. The landscapes because of the wide variety of colors and possibilities, and the portraits as it is a challenge to try and capture personality traits. A couple of months ago, my son was here, and he took a pic of me working on a portrait of my dad, unbeknownst to me, until he emailed it to me. Here's a link to some of the stuff I've done, and a couple of pix.

http://s1211.photobucket.com/albums/cc435/lizzylouandmetoo/
010444x640.jpg

DSCF0057.jpg

Attachments

• $drawingdad4.png
    $drawingdad4.png
    13.2 KB · Views: 130
Very nice lizzie, you have that Monet thing going on....a la Monet in this one. I believe have seen your work somewhere before.

DSCF0057.jpg

Last summer, I was in Michael's, and got a wild hair up my behind. I decided I wanted to try my hand at some type of artwork, as I had never tried before, and didn't think I could do it. I bought some supplies for watercolor, and chalk and oil pastels. I took my new stuff home, and started playing with it, not having any idea what I was doing, but I persisted, because if there is one trait that I have deeply ingrained in me, it is persistence. :razz:

I have discovered that what I really enjoy is the chalk, no matter the style. I like portraits and landscapes as a rule. The landscapes because of the wide variety of colors and possibilities, and the portraits as it is a challenge to try and capture personality traits. A couple of months ago, my son was here, and he took a pic of me working on a portrait of my dad, unbeknownst to me, until he emailed it to me. Here's a link to some of the stuff I've done, and a couple of pix.

http://s1211.photobucket.com/albums/cc435/lizzylouandmetoo/
010444x640.jpg

DSCF0057.jpg

very nice...keep painting...

monet? really? i will just take that as your not really into art that much

nice very nice....you should offer your work for parents and pet owners.....

i am still puzzled by the monet comment

New Topics

Forum List

Back