Chair Yellen Senate Hearing

Never3ndr

Silver Member
Feb 29, 2016
I haven't had the opportunity to listen to this entirely yet (I feel so busy these days)...however, one of the most knowledgeable people in our nation talks about the state of the economy and fields questions from both sides of the aisle. One of the best ways to make sure you have a good picture of our economy (and not some internet-pedelled falsity) is to reflect what you hear here off of what your impressions of our ongoing business environment and overall economy.

The Semiannual Monetary Policy Report to the Congress

I haven't had the opportunity to listen to this entirely yet (I feel so busy these days)...however, one of the most knowledgeable people in our nation talks about the state of the economy and fields questions from both sides of the aisle. One of the best ways to make sure you have a good picture of our economy (and not some internet-pedelled falsity) is to reflect what you hear here off of what your impressions of our ongoing business environment and overall economy.

Americans have had no real "money" since the bankers bankrupted USA.INC in 1933 and the people had to turn in their gold for a debt note under the penalty of prison and a huge fine. You really are fucking stupid.

Americans have had no real "money" since the bankers bankrupted USA.INC in 1933 and the people had to turn in their gold for a debt note under the penalty of prison and a huge fine. You really are fucking stupid.
If you don't understand the concept of money...you probably shouldn't be commenting on what you think about it.

If you don't understand the concept of money...you probably shouldn't be commenting on what you think about it.

STFU, you don't even know the difference between a federal reserve note and a REAL "dollar".........want to debate me on this? I will utterly crush you...big fan of the Fed bank, are ya?

(snicker)

STFU, you don't even know the difference between a federal reserve note and a REAL "dollar".........want to debate me on this? I will utterly crush you...big fan of the Fed bank, are ya?

(snicker)
When did I say I was a fan of the Fed? You can feel free to quote me.

Sure I'll debate you. What is "money"? You made the claim that we don't have real "money" so let's start by making sure you understand the key definition you are talking about. Define "money"

I say people just need to be more frugal rather than relying on banks to purchase items they can't afford. Nobody needs a $29,000 vehicle lease @ prime (3.75%) + 2% from the dealer when you can pay 1/2 down from saved money on a $12,000 vehicle at 3.25% (-.50%) through a credit union. For those who are too stupid to understand, a dealership goes through a bank for your loan.

The prime rate will keep going up, but banks won't increase their savings account rates until we get to a prime rate of 5% (at least it seems that way).

I say people just need to be more frugal rather than relying on banks...
--and most people say that it's a dumb idea to refuse to participate in American capital markets.

imho capital markets are no different than the labor markets since ALL econ activity needs both labor and capital I'd like to think that nobody would say that people should be more self-reliant and not depend on hired help to do their work for them.

...haven't had the opportunity to listen to this..
me neither, I like to 'speedread the press release. FRB: Testimony--Yellen, Semiannual Monetary Policy Report to the Congress--February 14, 2017 . imho the nut is:
Against the backdrop of headwinds weighing on the economy over the past year, including financial market stresses that emanated from developments abroad, the Committee maintained an unchanged target range... ...At its December meeting, the Committee raised the target range for the federal funds rate by 1/4 percentage point... ...supporting some further strengthening in labor market conditions and a return to 2 percent inflation.
Maybe we can fault Yellen for not being enough of a leader of the Fed's various bank mebers, and maybe she's too often let herself get sucked into politics and fiscal policy but other than that she's been doing good enough. (imho).

If you don't understand the concept of money...you probably shouldn't be commenting on what you think about it...
Actually, everyone's got their own private concept of money and everyone has a perfect right to say what it is.

Meanwhile, my almost everyone here agrees that current U.S. dollars are money --darn good money at that. However if anyone thinks dollars are no good I'll be happy to give them a tenth of an oz of gold for every $1,000 of those worthless dollars.

That's just the kind of guy I am I guess...

STFU, you don't even know the difference between a federal reserve note and a REAL "dollar"......

no significant difference as long as the note and dollar systems are mandated to avoid inflation and deflation. Do you understand??

Yeah, I understand it quite a bit. A Federal Reserve Note is a note of debt with interest attached to it. A REAL "dollar" is actually unit of measurement...so many grains of gold or so many grains of silver because gold and silver has an intrinsic value.

I say people just need to be more frugal rather than relying on banks...
--and most people say that it's a dumb idea to refuse to participate in American capital markets.

imho capital markets are no different than the labor markets since ALL econ activity needs both labor and capital I'd like to think that nobody would say that people should be more self-reliant and not depend on hired help to do their work for them.

You're still participating in a capitalist society when using a credit union instead of a bank. Quote the entire post next time. People throw more money away when paying higher interest rates at a bank.Additionally, putting more money down so the loan is lower is also a very smart idea.. The merchant gets more money up front, and the amount of interest you pay is lower, but the bank also makes money too.

STFU, you don't even know the difference between a federal reserve note and a REAL "dollar"......

no significant difference as long as the note and dollar systems are mandated to avoid inflation and deflation. Do you understand??

Yeah, I understand it quite a bit. A Federal Reserve Note is a note of debt with interest attached to it. A REAL "dollar" is actually unit of measurement...so many grains of gold or so many grains of silver because gold and silver has an intrinsic value.

many recessions and Depression under gold so we switched to paper and all is about same. For 3rd time: issue is not paper or gold, but rather how you manage the paper or gold.

Notice how you tried to change subject because you don't understand monetary policy??

many recessions and Depression under gold so we switched to paper and all is about same. For 3rd time: issue is not paper or gold, but rather how you manage the paper or gold.

Notice how you tried to change subject because you don't understand monetary policy??

Do you know who was behind the panics that caused bank runs and also the Great Depression? This relates to the Act of 1871, the reason why the War of 1812 was fought? The Chapter 11 Bankruptcy of 1933 that had almost unbelievable implications including the loss of allodial rights to property? I know a great deal and that is why I try to pass on what I know.

Are you a fan of the Federal Reserve??

I don't think this Dale Smith guy knows much about the economy or monetary policy outside of some alt facts he googles in his off time.

However, I do have a slight issue with what you stated. I will say that a Depression may be an issue with fiscal or monetary policies...but I would actually make the case that recessions are simply a reality. They are part of the ups-and-downs of the business cycle and, in some ways, a recession can actually be a good thing as it forces the economy to "cut the fat" so to speak and make sure it is being efficient and producing things consumers find useful.

I don't think this Dale Smith guy knows much about the economy or monetary policy outside of some alt facts he googles in his off time.

However, I do have a slight issue with what you stated. I will say that a Depression may be an issue with fiscal or monetary policies...but I would actually make the case that recessions are simply a reality. They are part of the ups-and-downs of the business cycle and, in some ways, a recession can actually be a good thing as it forces the economy to "cut the fat" so to speak and make sure it is being efficient and producing things consumers find useful.

I know quite a bit about this debt slavery based fiat currency system and the international bankers that run it for their profit. You think that it's just a coincidence that every country with a central bank is in over it's head in debt to these parasitic entities? If debt is money and money is debt and the debt notes have to be used as a medium of exchange, then there is real no such thing as "money" because REAL money has an intrinsic value like gold or silver. The question that no one can answer is "If all money is created out of debt, where does the money come from to be the interest?

Answer: It doesn't exist and it never has and that is why bankruptcies and foreclosures are built right into the system with the bankers ending up with hard assets from "money" that they created by the stroke of your pen when you signed a promissory note that they then monetized because under the Uniform ( I call it Universal) Commercial Code, anything can be monetized or used as a negotiable instrument by this cabal of thieves. The bank risks nothing as in they are not equally invested. They "manage" your loan and you pay it back with your labor which is what moves this fiat currency. You would have to understand the Chapter 11 bankruptcy of 1933 and the gold confiscation of the people that followed in order to understand why your signature matters. I doubt that you could digest it and I don't want to waste the time nor the energy to go into more detail.

I know quite a bit about this debt slavery based fiat currency system and the international bankers that run it for their profit. You think that it's just a coincidence that every country with a central bank is in over it's head in debt to these parasitic entities? If debt is money and money is debt and the debt notes have to be used as a medium of exchange, then there is real no such thing as "money" because REAL money has an intrinsic value like gold or silver. The question that no one can answer is "If all money is created out of debt, where does the money come from to be the interest?

Answer: It doesn't exist and it never has and that is why bankruptcies and foreclosures are built right into the system with the bankers ending up with hard assets from "money" that they created by the stroke of your pen when you signed a promissory note that they then monetized because under the Uniform ( I call it Universal) Commercial Code, anything can be monetized or used as a negotiable instrument by this cabal of thieves. The bank risks nothing as in they are not equally invested. They "manage" your loan and you pay it back with your labor which is what moves this fiat currency. You would have to understand the Chapter 11 bankruptcy of 1933 and the gold confiscation of the people that followed in order to understand why your signature matters. I doubt that you could digest it and I don't want to waste the time nor the energy to go into more detail.
I'm glad you finally revealed your position of ignorance.

You don't understand the fundamental concept of what money is. Money is simply a commonly accepted medium of exchange that people recognize as holding value. As far as what what the medium is...it could be gold or silver...it could be paper...it could be heads of cattle, skins of sheep, cigarettes, barrels of oil, diamonds, or even simply electronic placeholders. The only difference between what is "real" money and what is not is simply...do people recognize it as holding value and are willing to conduct trades utilizing that value holding instrument? Until you fundamentally understand what money is discussing anything related to finance or the economy is a waste of time since you lack an understanding of what you are talking about.

You don't understand the fundamental concept of what money is. Money is simply a commonly accepted medium of exchange that people recognize as holding value. As far as what what the medium is...it could be gold or silver...it could be paper...it could be heads of cattle, skins of sheep, cigarettes, barrels of oil, diamonds, or even simply electronic placeholders. The only difference between what is "real" money and what is not is simply...do people recognize it as holding value and are willing to conduct trades utilizing that value holding instrument? Until you fundamentally understand what money is discussing anything related to finance or the economy is a waste of time since you lack an understanding of what you are talking about.

So can I exchange a "fiat dollar" for something of real value? Because that is how paper currency came into existence to begin with going back to the Knights Templar when they stored gold for the people in exchange for paper receipts.....AND if you can print money out of thin air or create "checkbook money" by adding numbers to a ledger (via the Promisory Note) and then assign a value to it? How is it any different than Monopoly money?

Answer: There isn't any difference because it has no intrinsic value. You don't know the history, you don't understand the Bretton Woods agreement. The dollar only has value as long as someone is willing to accept it....not because it can then be exchanged for something of real value that one could use. You are the one that lacks knowledge and understanding. Three percent of all fiat currency is actually paper...the rest is nothing but numbers on an a computer screen in an account using your "ALL CAPS corporate fiction name.

Yeah, I know infinitely more than you.........

So can I exchange a "fiat dollar" for something of real value? Because that is how paper currency came into existence to begin with going back to the Knights Templar when they stored gold for the people in exchange for paper receipts.....AND if you can print money out of thin air or create "checkbook money" by adding numbers to a ledger (via the Promisory Note) and then assign a value to it? How is it any different than Monopoly money?

Answer: There isn't any difference because it has no intrinsic value. You don't know the history, you don't understand the Bretton Woods agreement. The dollar only has value as long as someone is willing to accept it....not because it can then be exchanged for something of real value that one could use. You are the one that lacks knowledge and understanding. Three percent of all fiat currency is actually paper...the rest is nothing but numbers on an a computer screen in an account using your "ALL CAPS corporate fiction name.

Yeah, I know infinitely more than you.........
You realize you just repeated part of what I said right? My quote, "Money is simply a commonly accepted medium of exchange that people recognize as holding value." Your quote, "The dollar only has value as long as someone is willing to accept it"...you realize that it is the same thing here right? Do you also lack basic reading comprehension and logic?

Something only has "intrinsic" value as long as people recognize it as having value. You bring a bar of gold to a tribesman in the African desert...you won't get as much for it as you would a head of cattle or a bunch of water. Things only have value insofar as people recognize that it has value...that goes for paper money as well as gold. This is the last time I will reply to you regarding this as the concept of money is something an elementary schooler grasps...the fact that a grown man (I'm assuming) doesn't understand something my 10yr old does is simply sad.

I read a lot of economics, including economic anthropology, and ran into something last week that really surprised me. Commodity money, especially precious metals is a fairly new invention. Coins and references to physical "money" first appear about 600 BCE. About 3500 years older, the Babylonians kept records of accounts on clay tablets and some of these tablets turn out to have been trade bills which were used as trading currency. Hundreds of thousands of these have been found. So the first circulating currency was not gold or silver, but clay inscriptions! Money and banking was always the first course I taught that filled, so I was a bit surprised; like most fifty years ago I thought money developed out of the "numeraire", that commodity in trade that met certain criteria (uniformity, divisibility, portability, etc.). So I go the gold standard one better; let's go back six millennia to circulating bills of trade, in this case made of paper rather than clay (it's more portable)!

Forum List

Back