Chafee in 'Holiday' Tree Debate

They have had it their way for so long they think everyone else should shut up, and let the spoiled brats have their way.

remember they are the majority till someone doesn't do what they want and they then become a minority victim. Thats having things forced down their throats ( their gay term not mine) by these bullies!

It's just typical of the rightwing Christian mindset: My way or the highway....exclusionary and discriminatory. Chafee is attempting to include everyone, atheists as well, during the holiday times. Figures the ignorant would get pissy about that.

Do you even read my posts. I have told you there are non-Christians and definitely non-righties who don't give a damn that the town tree is called a Christmas tree and this is all much ado about nothing appeasement for a few idiots.

I live in Massachusetts. Trust me, we are not loaded to the gills with Christian fundies or GOPers.

To be more inclusive

December is not owned by Christians, there are several religions who celebrate a holiday in December. Saying "happy holidays" and trying to include everyone in public celebrations, that are paid for by everyones tax dollars, isn't a bad thing.

I can already see the outrage if instead of putting up a tree, some city officials decided to put up "happy Ashura" signs and give all the school kids a day off for the Muslim holiday.

So we "include" a few at the expense of the majority which is what some here just today argued is the way it should be. That being, majority rules. And those were posters on the left saying that. By that logic, no need to rename it a Holiday tree. You call it what you want and I'll call it what I want. The majority is not asking to rename it a Holiday Tree.

This is why it's such a sensitive issue. This notion of... because I want something I should get it regardless of who loses since I am more important than you because I am a politically correct issue.

That's what this is about. We've seen it before on other issues. One asshole doesn't like the Star Spangled Banner so no one gets to sing it. There are many other examples.

This is just a media generated issue.

You can call it a Christmas tree, and I would fight agaisnt anyone attempting to tell you you can't.

Therein lies the "rub". The good Governor is saying that we need to call it a Holiday Tree. Yet when O'Reilly pressed him, he could not articulate a reason why.

Absolutely. They are so non-progressive its ridiculous.

who the fuck cares.

The only ones I know who give a fuck are angry right-wing Christians... Angry about the fact that the world doesn't fit in their nice, neat little box.

The hell with a few centuries of tradition. Throw it the fuck out. Some whiny little piss-ant, shit-assed lib doesn't like it so let's blame it all on right wing Christians.

How about growing some balls and instead say to the few whiners, the majority here like calling it a Christmas tree. It's not a religious symbol so you folks can call it what you like among yourselves but officially it remains a Christmas tree.

Can't do that right? You can't say why we can't but we just can't ...because.

You know how stupid you sound?

Hey let's change Christmas to Holiday Day. Let's also change Independence Day to Inclusive America Day, dope!

Progressive is just another name for "Do It My Way" or else we'll act like crybabies and ruin it for all. We demand our way because WE say so.

Same shit every year. 'I don't want to call it a Christmas Tree. It offends me." We ought to send your whiny progressive asses over to a foxhole hole somewhere. That way you'll have something to really bitch about.

Last edited:
If government and religion are to be separated in this manner by those hair splitting fools, shouldn't Dec 25th be a workday for government employees?

I am quite certain that calling a Christmas tree a Christmas tree offends very few. If we have a Menorah in the State House, what are we going to call it? A candle with sticks? A woman in town hall has a small Menorah on her desk, her town owned desk. Wrong?

How about growing some balls and instead say to the few whiners, the majority here like calling it a Christmas tree.

Once again what anyone here thinks is irrelevant. They don't mind it being called a holiday tree THERE. Where they voted for that Governor. And the one before him who had the same policy. You claim you don't want people telling you what to do. Well telling them they should call it a Christmas tree when they don't want to is hypocritical.

If government and religion are to be separated in this manner by those hair splitting fools, shouldn't Dec 25th be a workday for government employees?

I am quite certain that calling a Christmas tree a Christmas tree offends very few. If we have a Menorah in the State House, what are we going to call it? A candle with sticks? A woman in town hall has a small Menorah on her desk, her town owned desk. Wrong?

This all stems from this inclusion idea that has taken root the last few years. But it's really more about exclusion. The advocate's idea of inclusion means to exclude the many to please the few.

Sound familiar? Have the majority work and have nearly as many live off the fruits of their labor. And don't say it, no I'm not talking about SS and Medicare recipients.

Another example of America evolving into Europe. (Probably de-evolving) No such thing as an "American" identity any longer.

All accomplished by a minority, but persistent group of Progressives determined to "de-identify America.

Wake up people, they are winning.

Last edited:
Are you having a little hissy fit because not everyone agrees with you?
If you read my first response you can call it what ever you want to call it.
If you want to know about whining, listen to yourself.
Get over it.

The only ones I know who give a fuck are angry right-wing Christians... Angry about the fact that the world doesn't fit in their nice, neat little box.

The hell with a few centuries of tradition. Throw it the fuck out. Some whiny little piss-ant, shit-assed lib doesn't like it so let's blame it all on right wing Christians.

How about growing some balls and instead say to the few whiners, the majority here like calling it a Christmas tree. It's not a religious symbol so you folks can call it what you like among yourselves but officially it remains a Christmas tree.

Hey let's change Christmas to Holiday Day. Let's also change Independence Day to Inclusive America Day, dope!

Progressive is just another name for "Do It My Way" or else we'll act like crybabies and ruin it for all. We demand our way because WE say so.

Same shit every year. 'I don't want to call it a Christmas Tree. It offends me." We ought to send your whiny progressive asses over to a foxhole hole somewhere. That way you'll have something to really bitch about.

Are you having a little hissy fit because not everyone agrees with you?
If you read my first response you can call it what ever you want to call it.
If you want to know about whining, listen to yourself.
Get over it.

Nice try douche-bag calling it a hissy fit so as to detract from it and belittle...moron. Better "get more game" than that, Kuby.

Then you can't even address any part of it except to say, "see below". :clap2::badgrin::clap2::lol:

Last edited:
So we "include" a few at the expense of the majority which is what some here just today argued is the way it should be. That being, majority rules. And those were posters on the left saying that. By that logic, no need to rename it a Holiday tree. You call it what you want and I'll call it what I want. The majority is not asking to rename it a Holiday Tree.

This is why it's such a sensitive issue. This notion of... because I want something I should get it regardless of who loses since I am more important than you because I am a politically correct issue.

That's what this is about. We've seen it before on other issues. One asshole doesn't like the Star Spangled Banner so no one gets to sing it. There are many other examples.

You can call it a Christmas tree, and I would fight agaisnt anyone attempting to tell you you can't.

Therein lies the "rub". The good Governor is saying that we need to call it a Holiday Tree. Yet when O'Reilly pressed him, he could not articulate a reason why.
Wrong. The rub lies in the fact that YOU can call it whatever you want but if a government official endorses one religion over another, it is a violation of Separation of Church and State.

Response: Put your own whiny ass on the front line somewhere.

The only ones I know who give a fuck are angry right-wing Christians... Angry about the fact that the world doesn't fit in their nice, neat little box.[/QUOTE][/QUOTE]

Same shit every year. 'I don't want to call it a Christmas Tree. It offends me." We ought to send your whiny progressive asses over to a foxhole hole somewhere. That way you'll have something to really bitch about.[/QUOTE]

Wrong. The rub lies in the fact that YOU can call it whatever you want but if a government official endorses one religion over another, it is a violation of Separation of Church and State.

What's wrong is what you just said. The government isn't endorsing a religion unless you call a tree born out of a pagan tradition a religion.

Where's the violation?

Response: Put your own whiny ass on the front line somewhere.

[/QUOTE]

Same shit every year. 'I don't want to call it a Christmas Tree. It offends me." We ought to send your whiny progressive asses over to a foxhole hole somewhere. That way you'll have something to really bitch about.[/QUOTE][/QUOTE]

Hey dummy, don't pull that I served shit with me. I did as well. Posted it here and just recently in detail...so fuck that argument eh, Asswipe?

P.S. Learn how to reply so as not to fuck up the thread, Gomer.

Last edited:

Who's we? He said his state government is going to call it a holiday tree. You are still welcome to call it a Christmas tree.

Who's we? He said his state government is going to call it a holiday tree. You are still welcome to call it a Christmas tree.

Let's not play semantics. You're better than that. Did you watch the video? Why couldn't the Governor articulate clearly why he was right and O'Reilly was wrong? The more pressed, the more he stumbled. I suggest that the good Governor didn't really believe what he was saying himself. It was political expediency.

Then he says Merry Christmas to sign off. :cool:

Last edited:
Not that I care, at all, because I don't, but just to point out that this entire thread is even less worth caring about than it would seem on the surface...

The White House is not only a public building, but is also a private residence.

Therefore, Mr Obama, being a Christian, has every right to put up a Christmas Tree in his private residence, no matter how you look at it.

So, the premise of the OP is even more moronic than it's original intent.

Not that I care, at all, because I don't, but just to point out that this entire thread is even less worth caring about than it would seem on the surface...

The White House is not only a public building, but is also a private residence.

Therefore, Mr Obama, being a Christian, has every right to put up a Christmas Tree in his private residence, no matter how you look at it.

So, the premise of the OP is even more moronic than it's original intent.

That's why you're here and that's why you replied...because you don't care. :confused:

Neither do we, next....

And...the premise isn't about the WH. Had you bothered to watch the video and read the thread you might have been taken seriously and known that.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back