Chafee in 'Holiday' Tree Debate

We'll call it a Christmas Tree, deal with it.

You see, in YOUR opinion WE need to change to "include" you.

Nope, you change.

Why does it need to be renamed after all these years to being called a Holiday tree? What's the impetus?

Think about it.

To be more inclusive

December is not owned by Christians, there are several religions who celebrate a holiday in December. Saying "happy holidays" and trying to include everyone in public celebrations, that are paid for by everyones tax dollars, isn't a bad thing.

I can already see the outrage if instead of putting up a tree, some city officials decided to put up "happy Ashura" signs and give all the school kids a day off for the Muslim holiday.

Are you drunk?

O’Reilly said that Chafee is confusing the issue arguing that a prayer is clearly religious while a Christmas tree is not a religious symbol. O’Reilly called the tree a “secular” Christmas tree and noted that the White House even has a Christmas tree. Chafee noted that it’s a “White House tree” but O’Reilly played proof that Barack Obama, who he called Chafee’s guy, calls it a Christmas tree.
]

Ahhh... must be December.... it's "War on Christmas" season.

oreilly-christmas.jpg

LOL, I'd say you are...you don't like it called a "Christmas" Tree tough shit.

I'd say thats pretty clear.

Nope, you change.

To be more inclusive

December is not owned by Christians, there are several religions who celebrate a holiday in December. Saying "happy holidays" and trying to include everyone in public celebrations, that are paid for by everyones tax dollars, isn't a bad thing.

I can already see the outrage if instead of putting up a tree, some city officials decided to put up "happy Ashura" signs and give all the school kids a day off for the Muslim holiday.

Are you drunk?

O’Reilly said that Chafee is confusing the issue arguing that a prayer is clearly religious while a Christmas tree is not a religious symbol. O’Reilly called the tree a “secular” Christmas tree and noted that the White House even has a Christmas tree. Chafee noted that it’s a “White House tree” but O’Reilly played proof that Barack Obama, who he called Chafee’s guy, calls it a Christmas tree.
]

Ahhh... must be December.... it's "War on Christmas" season.

Nah, just one testicle free Governor being a wuss.

Nope, you change.

Why does it need to be renamed after all these years to being called a Holiday tree? What's the impetus?

Think about it.

To be more inclusive

You may call it whatever you want, no one’s stopping you.

Just as a public sector entity may acknowledge the beliefs of the community as a whole.

Fair enough, but the discussion is how we must change to be more "inclusive".

We aren't going to.

Nope, you change.

To be more inclusive

You may call it whatever you want, no one’s stopping you.

Just as a public sector entity may acknowledge the beliefs of the community as a whole.

Forum List

Back