CFPB: Private entities can fund federal agencies

CrusaderFrank

Diamond Member
May 20, 2009
I'll admit when I suggested the House Republicans withhold funding for the Consumer Fraud Protection Board in order to get Constitutional balance back, I was unaware that it was privately funded.

The People have no say whatsoever in how this government agency operates. It's just not how America is supposed to function.

I'll admit when I suggested the House Republicans withhold funding for the Consumer Fraud Protection Board in order to get Constitutional balance back, I was unaware that it was privately funded.

The People have no say whatsoever in how this government agency operates. It's just not how America is supposed to function.

You can write this republic off. Corrupted beyond repair.

You can write this republic off. Corrupted beyond repair.

Progressive succeeded it tipping us over the cliff. Social programs are broke. My only consolation is that I'll find it funny when Progressive Useful Idiots have to steal their parents rations of cat food to keep from starving

There is no private funding franko. Its a hidden tax. Those costs will be carried over to the consumer, or corporate power will take a hit on the margins. What do you think it will be?

Its another god damned regulation bureaucracy that ultimately will be paid for by the hardest working people.

There is no private funding franko. Its a hidden tax. Those costs will be carried over to the consumer, or corporate power will take a hit on the margins. What do you think it will be?

Its another god damned regulation bureaucracy that ultimately will be paid for by the hardest working people.

No. It's privately funded and is beyond the reach of Congress. It's a privately funded Federal agency and totally unConstitutional.

No. It's privately funded and is beyond the reach of Congress. It's a privately funded Federal agency and totally unConstitutional.

So what? Private funding sounds great when it comes to an agency. Where it's not so great is in the way we finance elections. SUPPORT PUBLIC FUNDING OF ELECTIONS. Got a problem with a representive or one of your representive's favorite agencies or corporations? You better be the one paying the bills or it's going in one ear and out the other.

support public funding of elections.

public funding of elections = incumbent protection

How's that? Incumbents are already protected. Big donors give to those who can help them NOW, regardless of ideology. If you're looking at quarterly balance sheets, what's more important, helping the incumbent or a "maybe" that's a year down the road?

Forum List

Back