CEO to workers: Vote Romney or else......

He didn't tell anyone "how" to vote. He told them what the repercussions would be if Obama is reelected. How is he going to know how any employee votes anyway?

This time you have the "epic fail". :eusa_clap:

Exactly . Not like Union bosses if you dont go to Elizabeth Warren Rallys they fine them up to 250 dollars which is totally illegal

Actually, the CEO of Murray Energy FORCED his workers to go to a Romney rally so they could be used as a backdrop for one of his speeches.

They were docked a days pay to attend that rally, btw.
Are you sure that wasn't a request?

Keep in mind these people are energy professionals, many of them are ambitious and appreciate knowing candidates and a front row seat rocks all night for some in the energy industry.

Keep in mind who knows better than energy folks the tens of thousands of jobs Obama with his greenpeace PACS breathing down the back of his neck tend to want to just close down drilling in the gulf, drilling where oil abounds in the artic circle, etc.

Not to take away from their whale saving efforts, but banishing excellent-paying 10,000 jobs from the gulf coast region also took out practically all the tourist beachfront burger stands, too, from workers who'd float in for a fish sammich and some limeade. Well, that hurt all over and diminished 5 border states along the gulf coast.

How many paying jobs have the greenies brought to families there since this started?

Oh, yes, and when Cuba invited Russia and China in to drill in our stead, guess what happened! Russia talked with Venezuela about putting in a military base with full rocket-launch capabilities of hitting major US cities from NYC (again) to San Diego.

Some of us don't feel more secure by what has transpired hurting 3 industries and reducing the safety of the American people on the gulf.

Don't mind me. I just hate it when I hear how half the restaurants in the non-stricken areas of the Gulf got shut out due to the doubling of gas prices as a consequence of this UNILATERAL Obama decision.

:cool:

He didn't tell anyone "how" to vote. He told them what the repercussions would be if Obama is reelected. How is he going to know how any employee votes anyway?

Exactly . Not like Union bosses if you dont go to Elizabeth Warren Rallys they fine them up to 250 dollars which is totally illegal

Actually, the CEO of Murray Energy FORCED his workers to go to a Romney rally so they could be used as a backdrop for one of his speeches.

Dude, the mine was shut down for that shift because a Presidential candidate was visiting. In the land of 100 ton earthmovers and high explosives it was considered a 'prudent' security measure. Just like any OTHER manufacturing plant he or Obama might 'visit'.

Hack!

Dude, the mine was shut down for that shift because a Presidential candidate was visiting. In the land of 100 ton earthmovers and high explosives it was considered a 'prudent' security measure. Just like any OTHER manufacturing plant he or Obama might 'visit'.

Hack!

How come none of the places where Obama visited docked the workers pay? If that had happened, you right wing asshats would be all over it.

The thought just crossed my mind that had the company PAID the employees for their forced time off the Republicans would be accused of 'buying' their crowd.

No win situation.

FAIL.

The thought just crossed my mind that had the company PAID the employees for their forced time off the Republicans would be accused of 'buying' their crowd.

No win situation.

FAIL.

So...........just go ahead and dock their pay for a day and take the food out of their kids mouths?

It seems now that the top 1 percent is so sure in their power of telling others how the country should be run, they're taking it all the way down to the local level. CEO's are now telling their workers to vote for Romney or else...................

Richard Lacks, CEO of Michigan-based Lacks Enterprises, a car-part manufacturer, is urging his employees to vote for Republican presidential nominee Mitt Romney, MLive.com reports. Not doing so, he warns, could lead to higher taxes and lower pay.

"It is important that in November you vote to improve your standard of living and that will be through smaller government and less government," Lacks wrote as part of a letter that also announced a bonus for the company's 2,300 employees, according to the report. A number of progressive economists warn, however, that suddenly slashing government spending could plunge the economy into another recession.

More specifically, Lacks warned that Obamacare may raise the company's health insurance costs, which he said he would pass on to employees, according to the MLive.com. Nearly two-thirds of employers expect higher health benefit costs as a result of Obamacare, according to a recent survey, and Papa John's CEO John Schnatter has said he plans to raise the price of Papa John's pizza to compensate.

Lacks is not the only CEO to ask his workers to display some support for Romney. A number of coal workers at the Century Mine in Beallsville, Ohio, say they were forced to give up a day's worth of pay to show up at a Romney campaign event in August. Bob Murray, CEO of Murray Energy Company, the company that owns the mine, has close ties to the Bain Capital co-founder.

Lacks Enterprises CEO Richard Lacks Urges Employees To Vote For Mitt Romney

Does anyone else think that your boss has the right to tell you how to vote? This isn't the only incident either.

Sure he does, just like I have the right to tell you how to vote. All that CEO is doing is telling employees what's good for them. I know you would like them to remain ignorant, but that's the downside of free speech: anyone can expose your idiocies for what they are.

It seems now that the top 1 percent is so sure in their power of telling others how the country should be run, they're taking it all the way down to the local level. CEO's are now telling their workers to vote for Romney or else...................

Does anyone else think that your boss has the right to tell you how to vote? This isn't the only incident either.

So tell me, how is this boss supposed to find out how his employees voted?

He said they will all be fired if Obama wins.

Liar...that was never said! Did you even read the link??

My son works at this company in Kentwood outside of Grand Rapids.....The guy never told people to vote for Romney, he told them to think about their future before making a decision.

No win situation.

FAIL.

So...........just go ahead and dock their pay for a day and take the food out of their kids mouths?

Damned if they do, damned if they don't, politically.

IMHO they should have paid them anyway, I'd rather have THAT kind of criticism than the 'greedy, rich guy' variety.

Hack!

How come none of the places where Obama visited docked the workers pay? If that had happened, you right wing asshats would be all over it.
Obama's Solyndra made up for all that, BikerSailor. One day within the last year, 1100 people showed up to their Fremont California factory to find it locked down tight. Not a single one of them got a notification ahead of time. Sixteen months earlier, the American Taxpayer had to shell out $535 Million dollars to keep that green industry open. They don't have to pay it back, because Obama pressured the treasury to hurry up and write that check out to Solyndra for the over half a billion dollar fiasco that would unfold into a huge bankruptcy the following year.

A day's pay lost would have been darn nice compared to losing 1100 total full-time jobs with no notice in the same city. It took months of hard work to put all those people into different jobs, and they got very little of the taxpayer's half billion dollar bonanza.

This is not an isolated incident, dear. Oh, how I wish it were. :(

Last edited:

Umm not [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9cGzbBNHyEU]Union Member Admits The will Be Fined For Missing Rally For Elizabeth Warren - YouTube[/ame]

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xRsCeKCaBQ4]Elizabeth Warren Freaks Out When Questioned About Union Fines - YouTube[/ame]

Richard Lacks, CEO of Michigan-based Lacks Enterprises, a car-part manufacturer, is urging his employees to vote for Republican presidential nominee Mitt Romney, MLive.com reports. Not doing so, he warns, could lead to higher taxes and lower pay.

"It is important that in November you vote to improve your standard of living and that will be through smaller government and less government," Lacks wrote as part of a letter that also announced a bonus for the company's 2,300 employees, according to the report. A number of progressive economists warn, however, that suddenly slashing government spending could plunge the economy into another recession.

More specifically, Lacks warned that Obamacare may raise the company's health insurance costs, which he said he would pass on to employees, according to the MLive.com. Nearly two-thirds of employers expect higher health benefit costs as a result of Obamacare, according to a recent survey, and Papa John's CEO John Schnatter has said he plans to raise the price of Papa John's pizza to compensate.

Lacks is not the only CEO to ask his workers to display some support for Romney. A number of coal workers at the Century Mine in Beallsville, Ohio, say they were forced to give up a day's worth of pay to show up at a Romney campaign event in August. Bob Murray, CEO of Murray Energy Company, the company that owns the mine, has close ties to the Bain Capital co-founder.

He didn't tell them how to vote he voiced his opinion on why they should vote for Romney that's hardly telling someone how to vote. Very poor attempt at class warfare.

lol, that CEO is pissed that his tax breaks will expire.
He will do everything to avoid coughing up his fair share for this nation.

Umm not [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9cGzbBNHyEU]Union Member Admits The will Be Fined For Missing Rally For Elizabeth Warren - YouTube[/ame]

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xRsCeKCaBQ4]Elizabeth Warren Freaks Out When Questioned About Union Fines - YouTube[/ame]

Umm, yes.

Murray Energy's Alleged Pro-Romney Coercion Should Be Investigated: Ohio Democratic Party

The Ohio Democratic Party has requested a criminal investigation of the Ohio-based Murray Energy, after the coal company allegedly told employees to donate to Republican politicians including Mitt Romney.

The alleged coercion of political donations from employees may have "involved extortion, money laundering, racketeering, and other violations of Title 18 of the US criminal code," Ohio Democratic Party chairman Chris Redfern wrote in a letter to U.S. Attorney Steven Dettelbach on Monday.

Last Thursday, The New Republic's Alec MacGillis reported that Murray Energy CEO Bob Murray pressured his employees to donate to Republican presidential candidate Mitt Romney, among others, as well as to Murray Energy's pro-Republican political action committee. Some of the firm's 3,000 employees reportedly feared they might lose their jobs if they did not make these political donations.

Before that, in August, Murray reportedly forced coal miners at the Century Mine in Beallsville, Ohio, to give up a day's worth of pay to show up at a rally with Romney, according to the local news radio station WWVA. Then, too, some workers feared not attending could cost them their jobs.

Murray, a climate-change denier, has a history of making questionable claims. In 2010, for one, he wrote a letter to employees in which he said that, if workers did not donate to Murray Energy's PAC, "the coal industry will be eliminated and so will your job."

Murray is not the only pro-Romney CEO pressuring his employees to support Romney. Richard Lacks, CEO of the Michigan-based Lacks Enterprises, a car-part manufacturer, also urged his 2,300 employees to vote for Romney in a recent letter

The ungrateful, greedy prick should kiss Obama's ass for saving the auto industry and most likely his own company along with it.

Republicans trying to bully someone? Fix an election? Don't worry, ask a Republican and they will tell you it's a lie. They are so trustworthy. Look at Mitt Romney. Has he ever lied?

Link to where he told them they had to vote for Romney? Something specific that he actually made some threat about.

Telling his employees that if Obama is reelected any higher taxes or medical expense will effect their pay is simply giving them information. Your title is a lie.

Have you ever worked for a union? :eusa_whistle:

Republicans trying to bully someone? Fix an election? Don't worry, ask a Republican and they will tell you it's a lie. They are so trustworthy. Look at Mitt Romney. Has he ever lied?
So what would you do, tough guy, roll over and play dead while Obama decimated the floor beneath your business?

Lock and load, sir. That's what the Second Amendment is all about.

Now, all I need is a gun and lessons on how to hold it steady and some ear plugs... :rolleyes:

Forum List

Back