CEO to workers: Vote Romney or else......

It ought to be a clue to the clueless that this election is the MOST IMPORTANT one in like EVER. This kind of bull crap has NEVER happened in the past. If that SoB Obama is re-elected, this country will disappear as we knew it. And that IS NOT A GOOD THING. Unless your name is Karl Marx, Nicolai Lenin or Josef Stalin.

Does anyone else think that your boss has the right to tell you how to vote?

No, but anyone can urge anyone else to vote a certain way. Free speech and all.

There is a difference between "urging" and telling people that their jobs are threatened.

Especially in this job market.

Which is kind of troubling, because I thought the GOP was all about jobs.

If you own the business, you get to decide how many employees you need. You're also free to share your vision for future employment needs with your employees. If you believe an Obama victory will have a negative impact on your business, you're free to share that with your employees and yes, you're free to urge them to vote differently.

What are you suggesting here?

There is a difference between "urging" and telling people that their jobs are threatened.

The illogic of your statements is breathtaking.

Their jobs ARE threatened, or do you not consider the massive increase in business costs a 'threat' to the company?

The Evil Ones are getting nervous.

Romney represents the 1%.

Obama represents the 99%.

Actually, Obama represents the 1%:

At Sesame Workshop, according to 2011 tax forms:

Gary Knell, president and CEO of Sesame Workshop until October 2011, $988,456

H. Melvin Ming, current president and CEO, $584,572

Lewis Bernstein $406,387

Terry Fitzpatrick $439,741

Myung Kang-Huneke $389,005

Sherrie Westin $463,892

Susan Kolar $401,425

Miranda Barry $397,175

Maura Regan $379,733

Joseph Mazzarino $556,165

Caralynn Sandorf $354,476

Anita Stewart $455,369

Sesame Street Is the 1 Percent - By Katrina Trinko - The Corner - National Review Online

bb2.jpg

12 people, $5.5 MILLION in payroll, and the Left is mad because Romney wants to cut government funding?

Fuck me, they're STUPID!!

Actually, one of the things he can base it on is what he did during the 2008 election. He registered all his workers, and those that registered as REPUBLICAN were given time off and transportation to go vote.

How's he gonna tell? Simple..........all he has to do is look at the records he has from the last time.

Heck, offer me paid time off and free transportation, I will put whatever party you want on the registration form!

Note that it will not affect how I vote in the least, but I'm happy to accept paid time off and a ride to the polling place.

And how is this any different from the avalanche of "Romney wants to force you to work for $1/year!" junk mail that I have been getting from the Teamsters for three months?

Last edited:
Actually, one of the things he can base it on is what he did during the 2008 election. He registered all his workers, and those that registered as REPUBLICAN were given time off and transportation to go vote.

How's he gonna tell? Simple..........all he has to do is look at the records he has from the last time.

Heck, offer me paid time off and free transportation, I will put whatever party you want on the registration form!

Note that it will not affect how I vote in the least, but I'm happy to accept paid time off and a ride to the polling place.

And how is this any different from the avalanche of "Romney wants to force you to work for $1/year!" junk mail that I have been getting from the Teamsters for three months?

If you put Democrat, you didn't get those bennies, only if you put Republican.

Apparently, the CEO of Murray energy is getting attention from the Congress to see if what he's been doing is illegal or not.

It seems now that the top 1 percent is so sure in their power of telling others how the country should be run, they're taking it all the way down to the local level. CEO's are now telling their workers to vote for Romney or else...................

Richard Lacks, CEO of Michigan-based Lacks Enterprises, a car-part manufacturer, is urging his employees to vote for Republican presidential nominee Mitt Romney, MLive.com reports. Not doing so, he warns, could lead to higher taxes and lower pay.

"It is important that in November you vote to improve your standard of living and that will be through smaller government and less government," Lacks wrote as part of a letter that also announced a bonus for the company's 2,300 employees, according to the report. A number of progressive economists warn, however, that suddenly slashing government spending could plunge the economy into another recession.

More specifically, Lacks warned that Obamacare may raise the company's health insurance costs, which he said he would pass on to employees, according to the MLive.com. Nearly two-thirds of employers expect higher health benefit costs as a result of Obamacare, according to a recent survey, and Papa John's CEO John Schnatter has said he plans to raise the price of Papa John's pizza to compensate.

Lacks is not the only CEO to ask his workers to display some support for Romney. A number of coal workers at the Century Mine in Beallsville, Ohio, say they were forced to give up a day's worth of pay to show up at a Romney campaign event in August. Bob Murray, CEO of Murray Energy Company, the company that owns the mine, has close ties to the Bain Capital co-founder.

Lacks Enterprises CEO Richard Lacks Urges Employees To Vote For Mitt Romney

Does anyone else think that your boss has the right to tell you how to vote? This isn't the only incident either.

He didn't tell anyone "how" to vote. He told them what the repercussions would be if Obama is reelected. How is he going to know how any employee votes anyway?

This time you have the "epic fail". :eusa_clap:

Exactly . Not like Union bosses if you dont go to Elizabeth Warren Rallys they fine them up to 250 dollars which is totally illegal

If you put Democrat, you didn't get those bennies, only if you put Republican.

Apparently, the CEO of Murray energy is getting attention from the Congress to see if what he's been doing is illegal or not.

You didn't read my post, did you? Read it really carefully. Comprehend it. Then and only then respond. Thank you.

It seems now that the top 1 percent is so sure in their power of telling others how the country should be run, they're taking it all the way down to the local level. CEO's are now telling their workers to vote for Romney or else...................

Richard Lacks, CEO of Michigan-based Lacks Enterprises, a car-part manufacturer, is urging his employees to vote for Republican presidential nominee Mitt Romney, MLive.com reports. Not doing so, he warns, could lead to higher taxes and lower pay.

"It is important that in November you vote to improve your standard of living and that will be through smaller government and less government," Lacks wrote as part of a letter that also announced a bonus for the company's 2,300 employees, according to the report. A number of progressive economists warn, however, that suddenly slashing government spending could plunge the economy into another recession.

More specifically, Lacks warned that Obamacare may raise the company's health insurance costs, which he said he would pass on to employees, according to the MLive.com. Nearly two-thirds of employers expect higher health benefit costs as a result of Obamacare, according to a recent survey, and Papa John's CEO John Schnatter has said he plans to raise the price of Papa John's pizza to compensate.

Lacks is not the only CEO to ask his workers to display some support for Romney. A number of coal workers at the Century Mine in Beallsville, Ohio, say they were forced to give up a day's worth of pay to show up at a Romney campaign event in August. Bob Murray, CEO of Murray Energy Company, the company that owns the mine, has close ties to the Bain Capital co-founder.

Does anyone else think that your boss has the right to tell you how to vote? This isn't the only incident either.

So tell me, how is this boss supposed to find out how his employees voted?

He said they will all be fired if Obama wins.

He didn't tell anyone "how" to vote. He told them what the repercussions would be if Obama is reelected. How is he going to know how any employee votes anyway?

Exactly . Not like Union bosses if you dont go to Elizabeth Warren Rallys they fine them up to 250 dollars which is totally illegal

Actually, the CEO of Murray Energy FORCED his workers to go to a Romney rally so they could be used as a backdrop for one of his speeches.

They were docked a days pay to attend that rally, btw.

Lol, lame. Your title doesn't match the facts idiot.

Epic.

The Evil Ones are getting nervous.

Romney represents the 1%.

Obama represents the 99%.

There's no 99% shit head. Obama doesn't represent me and I'm no where near in the 1%. Obama only represents the leeches and paracites of this country.

Does that include the military? Because the military only pays payroll taxes, and when they are deployed to a war zone like Iraq or Afghanistan, their pay from the military is tax free.

Actually, the CEO of Murray Energy FORCED his workers to go to a Romney rally so they could be used as a backdrop for one of his speeches.

You really should stop repeating whatever crap the HuffPuff tells you is 'fact'... it's just fortunate that you have no credibility to lose.

You really should stop repeating whatever crap the HuffPuff tells you is 'fact'... it's just fortunate that you have no credibility to lose.

I didn't get it from HuffPo. I got it from an actual news source.

WASHINGTON -- On Wednesday, the Mitt Romney campaign released an ad spotlighting President Obama’s putative "War On Coal," despite a controversy in Ohio about the coal miners’ rally featured in the spot. In the ad, Romney appears on a stage before rows of hard-hatted miners, their faces smudged with coal dust, as he says, “We have 250 years of coal. Why wouldn’t we use it?”

The rally was held last month in Beallsville, Ohio, thick with miners from the Century coal mine, owned by Murray Energy, a major donor to Republican causes. Within days of the rally, Murray employees contacted a nearby morning talk radio host, David Blomquist, to say they were forced to attend the Aug. 14 event at the mine.

Murray closed the mine the day of the rally, saying it was necessary for security and safety, then docked miners their pay for those hours. Asked by WWVA radio’s Blomquist about the allegations, Murray Chief Operating Officer Robert Moore said, somewhat confusingly, “Attendance was mandatory but no one was forced to attend the event.”

The "War On Coal" ad is clearly aimed at shoring up Romney’s support among working-class white men and at making inroads into Obama’s persistent lead in the crucial battleground state of Ohio.

Asked about Romney’s use of video from a rally that miners were forced to attend and that cost many a day’s wages, Romney spokesman Ryan Williams chose instead to focus on Obama: “"It remains a widely accepted fact among Democrats and Republicans alike that President Obama has spent the past four years waging a war on coal that has devastated Ohio workers and coal communities. This is one reason why the nation's largest coal mining union, the United Mine Workers of America, has refused to endorse his reelection.”

The union has not endorsed Romney either. Obama supporters, like the AFL-CIO, pounced on Romney’s use of the Beallsville footage. “The Romney Campaign now knows full well that those miners, wage earners as they are, missed a day’s pay when they were required to attend the event,” Ohio AFL-CIO spokesman Michael Gillis said. “Instead of those workers providing for their families and putting food on the table that day, they were used as political props by a candidate that understands nothing about the plight of the average American.”

Romney ad features miners allegedly forced to attend rally - latimes.com

Forum List

Back