CEO Pay up 27% while worker pay stalls

Wow, when CEO pay goes up the right suddenly has all kinds of "what if" and hypotheticals to understand why their pay went up.

But when it's teachers the only reason is greed.

Amazing that not one republican has even considered greed being even an option.

That's because greed is a sacrament.

Last edited:
Wow, when CEO pay goes up the right suddenly has all kinds of "what if" and hypotheticals to understand why their pay went up.

But when it's teachers the only reason is greed.

Amazing that not one republican has even considered greed being even an option.

That's because greed is a sacrement.

But clearly in your world, spelling is not.

Always happy to oblige.

CEO's of the bigger corporation are paid based on the cronnies on the board and they all sit on each others boards. Compensation should be paid based on earned profit and stock holder return. I worked for a company whose stock went from 33 to 3 in about a year and the CEO took a $200million payout and quit. Good work if you can get it.

I got laid off.,

So.. in a free society.. companies should be forced to your whim on how to compensate the leadership, by government interference???

You have the freedom to leave.. work wherever you want.... start your own company and compensate however you feel is best... and oh so many other things... yet, you like the rest of your ilk, would rather whine and cry and complain and hope that big mommy government scolds and punishes those nasty wasty bully companies :rolleyes:

CEO pay soars while workers' pay stalls - USATODAY.com

At a time most employees can barely remember their last substantial raise, median CEO pay jumped 27% in 2010 as the executives’ compensation started working its way back to prerecession levels, a USA TODAY analysis of data from GovernanceMetrics International found. Workers in private industry, meanwhile, saw their compensation grow just 2.1% in the 12 months ended December 2010, says the Bureau of Labor Statistics

As CEOs tell their workers....."You need to tighten your belts in these tough economic times"

Thank god for that stimulus (tax credits too!) money and all em bail outs by Obama. I wonder where all that money went. As predicted, to the very top! It looks like your trickles up economics have failed and whelp, you fuckin helped prove it lolz.

Evil fucking corporations, which Obama supports…
Here, I wrote a quick song for TM and RW to sing while fucking…
Obama the great, Obama the Woooonderfullll, Obama lal lalalalala I luv UuuUUuuu you’re soOoOOO perfect! Obama the non Republican and so not white, amazing man of awesome uber intellectual delight!

So I take it you're also talking about Obama motors eh?

GM

At a time most employees can barely remember their last substantial raise, median CEO pay jumped 27% in 2010 as the executives’ compensation started working its way back to prerecession levels, a USA TODAY analysis of data from GovernanceMetrics International found. Workers in private industry, meanwhile, saw their compensation grow just 2.1% in the 12 months ended December 2010, says the Bureau of Labor Statistics

As CEOs tell their workers....."You need to tighten your belts in these tough economic times"

False comparison. The author compared median CEO pay in only 158 companies with median pay from a BLS survey intended to represent all workers in private industry.

An accurate comparison would have been median CEO pay in those 158 companies with median pay for all other employees in those 158 companies, or median pay according to the BLS and median pay for all CEOs. But that wouldn't give the desired talking point.

Nice catch, interesting data manipulation.

2 points I'd like to make here.

First points: On the front page of the political forms is a post talking about just how fucking wonderful things are getting and TM/RW are right there to tell us all just how perfect shit is under O-fucking Bama!

Then, switch gears to this thread and BAM, record evil is still happening, OH NOS!

Second point: When RW/TM/Swallo/ratard/shamn the clown or some other Obama fanboi makes a thread about how great things are going, they can take what otherwise would be the same story here and spin the numbers in a whole new direction. Then the numbers will prove for omfgz like *FACT* that there is indeed less evil/corruption in the big companies and with CEO's out there… and of course it's all do to O-fucking Bama!

Thank god for that stimulus (tax credits too!) money and all em bail outs by Obama. I wonder where all that money went. As predicted, to the very top! It looks like your trickles up economics have failed and whelp, you fuckin helped prove it lolz.

Evil fucking corporations, which Obama supports…
Here, I wrote a quick song for TM and RW to sing while fucking…
Obama the great, Obama the Woooonderfullll, Obama lal lalalalala I luv UuuUUuuu you’re soOoOOO perfect! Obama the non Republican and so not white, amazing man of awesome uber intellectual delight!

Stimulus & tax credits always go to the top. The rich people who fund campaigns get advanced info & help before a stimulus passes. Their paperwork is already filled out ready to submit as soon as a stimulus program is signed into law. These rich suck up all the stimulus & get tax breaks on their enormous profits thanks to the Obamacrats program of picking winners & losers.

The average Joe is not getting government stimulus.

That's because greed is a sacrement.

Greed and "naner naner" type mocking

You're a fuckin moron... I'm not sure if I should waste time trying to RE:RE:RE:RE explain the basics to you...

Teachers should make billions, as long as it's in the privet sector.

CEO's should make billions, as long as it's in the privet sector.

"We" (many millions of conservatives) tried to tell "you" (Political faith based liberals) that the stimulus will do nothing more than make the rich richer.

Like the freaky religious people "you" (Politically faith based liberals) are, went ahead and practiced you're faith based religions and dumped hundreds of millions *corrections* billions of dollars on the market while "we," (Fact based-Darwin-evolution-reality-correct) told you that all of this would probably happen.

It's not a "free market" (not that it needs to fully be to work) if the Government picks who to save and who to destroy... One day maybe "you" (politically faith based religious liberals) will wise up and actually learn for your mistakes.

Something tells me you really really really don't wana stop praying to your ecconomy God just yet.

Last edited:

False comparison. The author compared median CEO pay in only 158 companies with median pay from a BLS survey intended to represent all workers in private industry.

An accurate comparison would have been median CEO pay in those 158 companies with median pay for all other employees in those 158 companies, or median pay according to the BLS and median pay for all CEOs. But that wouldn't give the desired talking point.

That's assuming the wages in those 158 companies also went up 27%. I would be shocked if that were the case, given that cost of goods sold in the largest companies have not gone up anywhere near that rate.

This has been a long-term trend, and its a problem. Its one of the reasons why the Democrats feel safe going after high earners. There isn't a lot of sympathy for them. If most people think they're getting screwed while a few benefit in the economic arena, then they will try to even things out in the political arena.

I don't think most people begrudge business owners from making a ton of money, but most CEOs of the largest companies are not the owners of the businesses. Their ownership has come about as grants of stock options, not from them opening businesses and risking their own capital. They aren't entrepreneurs.

CEOs are generally over-paid, and I don't think most Americans realize how tilted the system is in favour of executives. There is no or little broad correlation between executive performance and compensation. Board governance in this country is fucking awful. It is difficult for shareholders to remove incompetent CEOs and board members. And executives use shareholders' money to lobby Congress to stop reforms that would give shareholders more say over how boards and companies are run. This allows executives to compensate themselves with little input from shareholders.

America is one of the least democratic and shareholder friendly nations in the world, and management exploits that to take excessive compensation for themselves. It's a massive agency problem perpetuated by managements and politicians in their pay.

Greed and "naner naner" type mocking

You're a fuckin moron... I'm not sure if I should waste time trying to RE:RE:RE:RE explain the basics to you...

Teachers should make billions, as long as it's in the privet sector.

CEO's should make billions, as long as it's in the privet sector.

"We" (many millions of conservatives) tried to tell "you" (Political faith based liberals) that the stimulus will do nothing more than make the rich richer.

Like the freaky religious people "you" (Politically faith based liberals) are, went ahead and practiced you're faith based religions and dumped hundreds of millions *corrections* billions of dollars on the market while "we," (Fact based-Darwin-evolution-reality-correct) told you that all of this would probably happen.

It's not a "free market" (not that it needs to fully be to work) if the Government picks who to save and who to destroy... One day maybe "you" (politically faith based religious liberals) will wise up and actually learn for your mistakes.

Something tells me you really really really don't wana stop praying to your ecconomy God just yet.

Hey Dummy, show me where any conservatives complained about the rich getting richer from the stimulus. And when you cant find it and instead come back to make assinine insults..kill yourself :lol:

The newest CEO of my company..now there for 3 years..gets a cool 10 million dollar bonus each year in addition to his salary which is well over a million. His performance? Not so hot. But he's been making money by laying people off in droves.

I, on the other, who's been with the company for 12 years..worked on a project 10 years ago which now yields the company 50 million dollars a year, and last year, I put in 50 - 60 hour weeks involved in a data site migration would have to work 100 years to make just his bonus. Haven't had a substantial raise or promotion in 5 years. I suppose my avoiding the RIFs and the measly bonuses are reward enough..:lol:

The newest CEO of my company..now there for 3 years..gets a cool 10 million dollar bonus each year in addition to his salary which is well over a million. His performance? Not so hot. But he's been making money by laying people off in droves.

I, on the other, who's been with the company for 12 years..worked on a project 10 years ago which now yields the company 50 million dollars a year, and last year, I put in 50 - 60 hour weeks involved in a data site migration would have to work 100 years to make just his bonus. Haven't had a substantial raise or promotion in 5 years. I suppose my avoiding the RIFs and the measly bonuses are reward enough..:lol:

That's what happens when Underemployment has been above 20% for a couple of years. There are many people who would gladly do your job for less pay than you currently receive.

How bout that Corporate Welfare? I wonder how CEOs of Taxpayer Bailed out Corporations are doing? Bet they're doing pretty good huh? Meanwhile the People suffer with Massive Unemployment and Record Poverty. I still don't understand why so many cheerlead for Corporate Welfare. It's very sad.

Forum List

Back