CEO Pay up 27% while worker pay stalls

Obama & the Democrats have increased CEO pay by 27% while employees pay stalls. Having worker pay stall in Obama & the Democrat's inflationary environment really makes me want to vote for more Democrats in 2012.

CEO's of the bigger corporation are paid based on the cronnies on the board and they all sit on each others boards. Compensation should be paid based on earned profit and stock holder return. I worked for a company whose stock went from 33 to 3 in about a year and the CEO took a $200million payout and quit. Good work if you can get it.

I got laid off.,

CEO pay soars while workers' pay stalls - USATODAY.com

At a time most employees can barely remember their last substantial raise, median CEO pay jumped 27% in 2010 as the executives’ compensation started working its way back to prerecession levels, a USA TODAY analysis of data from GovernanceMetrics International found. Workers in private industry, meanwhile, saw their compensation grow just 2.1% in the 12 months ended December 2010, says the Bureau of Labor Statistics

As CEOs tell their workers....."You need to tighten your belts in these tough economic times"
"Set up for an even bigger payday in the future. CEOs saw the estimated future value of stock and options awards take off in 2010, with the median value gaining 32% to $5.6 million.

"These stock and options, many of which were granted when stock prices were much lower than they are now, stand to create a shower of wealth when CEOs cash them in."

CEO pay soars while workers' pay stalls - USATODAY.com

That shower of wealth has been going on for three decades and it shows no sign of stopping in spite of the $13 trillion taxpayer supplied bailout that kept Wall Street from drowning in its own greed in 2008.

C-L-A-S-S
W-A-R

While 2/3rds of corporations paid no taxes

Another false comparison. How many of the 158 companies surveyed paid no taxes?

You say that 2/3rds of all corporations paid no taxes, how many of them earned no profit?

They probably mean federal corporate income taxes. If you count all taxes, including FICA, sales, excise, etc, they have paid taxes. Plus the income of thier employees are taxed.

True. Just FICA, occupancy licenses and Worker's Comp was thousands per year for any corporation I started whether it made money or not.

CEO's of the bigger corporation are paid based on the cronnies on the board and they all sit on each others boards. Compensation should be paid based on earned profit and stock holder return. I worked for a company whose stock went from 33 to 3 in about a year and the CEO took a $200million payout and quit. Good work if you can get it.

I got laid off.,

I'd love to know what company that was. It's likely that the CEO had founders shares, or had been a long term employee with the company with very cheap stock options. Those kind of pay outs are almost always tied to stock - or deferred bonus compensation programs (another feature of government interference).

Another false comparison. How many of the 158 companies surveyed paid no taxes?

You say that 2/3rds of all corporations paid no taxes, how many of them earned no profit?

They probably mean federal corporate income taxes. If you count all taxes, including FICA, sales, excise, etc, they have paid taxes. Plus the income of thier employees are taxed.

True. Just FICA, occupancy licenses and Worker's Comp was thousands per year for any corporation I started whether it made money or not.

Don't forget property and utility taxes.

Obama & the Democrats have increased CEO pay by 27% while employees pay stalls. Having worker pay stall in Obama & the Democrat's inflationary environment really makes me want to vote for more Democrats in 2012.

I agree

We definitely need to do something to redistribute the wealth and get some of that "trickle down" going

Obama should be ashamed for allowing this to happen

I agree

We definitely need to do something to redistribute the wealth and get some of that "trickle down" going

It's 158 PEOPLE! How much money do the top earners in Hollywood or the music industry make...or in professional sports?

I agree

at least he kept unemployment under 8%, refuses to use signing statements, closed gitmo and has avoided further foreign adventurism and attempts at nation building.

just like he said he would.

:thup:

If we're going to get all hinky about CEO pay, how about focusing on the ones for which we are paying:

Regulators have approved generous executive compensation at Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac, the taxpayer-backed mortgage finance giants, with little scrutiny or analysis, according to a report published Thursday by the inspector general of the Federal Housing Finance Agency.

The companies, whose fates are to be decided by Congress this year, paid a combined $17 million to their chief executives in 2009 and 2010, the two full years when Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac were wards of the state, the report found.

The top six executives at the companies received $35.4 million over the two years. Since Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac were taken over in September 2008, the companies’ mounting mortgage losses have required a $153 billion infusion from taxpayers. Total losses may reach $363 billion through 2013, according to government estimates. ...

NYT: Fannie, Freddie executives earned millions - Business - U.S. business - The New York Times - msnbc.com

I agree

at least he kept unemployment under 8%, refuses to use signing statements, closed gitmo and has avoided further foreign adventurism and attempts at nation building.

just like he said he would.

:thup:

And he got his daughters a dog!

• Thanks
Reactions: del
Last edited:
  • Thanks
Reactions: del
No wingnut problem with this - more evidence that Conservation wants to see the gap between rich and poor as large as possible.

So you think the government should do something to regulate the pay of 158 people?

Wow, when CEO pay goes up the right suddenly has all kinds of "what if" and hypotheticals to understand why their pay went up.

But when it's teachers the only reason is greed.

Amazing that not one republican has even considered greed being even an option.

Pay went up for 158 People.

How much did the top earners in sports, music, and entertainment make last year?

Forum List

Back