CEO-material? Hardly! Yet again we see from Trump a complete lack of leadership prowess

usmbguest5318

Gold Member
Jan 1, 2017
D.C.
"I'm looking for something that President Trump supports, and he's not yet indicated what measure he's willing to sign. As soon as we figure out what he is for, then I would be convinced that we are not just spinning our wheels to this issue on the floor, but actually dealing with a bill that has a chance to become law and therefore solve the problem."\
-- Mitch McConnell, January 17, 2018
WTH? Why is it that a man who ran in part on his being an excellent corporate leader hasn't the gumption to inform the people who aim to do his bidding of specifically what he wants? That is not what effective leaders, much less CEOs of public companies do. What they do is set a clear set of goals and expectations and task their people with bringing them to fruition. Absent having any such well defined objectives, they acquiesce to what their key subordinates opt to do.

Trump very clearly stated that he'd acquiesce to whatever immigration deal Congress developed.

"When this group comes back — hopefully with an agreement — this group and others from the Senate, from the House, comes back with an agreement, I’m signing it. I mean, I will be signing it. I’m not going to say, 'Oh, gee, I want this or I want that.' I’ll be signing it.
-- Donald Trump, "Remarks by President Trump in Meeting [...] on Immigration"​

However, when Congressional leaders returned with to the WH with a bipartisan deal in hand, he rejected it.
That happened on January 12, 2018. Here we are five days later and the man has not only made himself a liar at the highest level, as shown by McConnell's remarks today, he's also not subsequently provided direction on what specifically he does want in the bill.

The fact of the matter is that Trump was/is CEO of Trump Organization, which is the company he created, and he has has six bankruptcies and was such a terrible business risk that he struggled to obtain financing from American bankers, though he did convince Deutsche Bank to loan him money. Any "Tom, Dick, or Harry" can be a CEO; all they need do is found a company, a sole proprietorship will do for that. As goes "first rate" CEOs/company presidents of huge public corporations, the type of people with whom Trump'd have us equate him and his business acumen, are there any who've reigned over six bankruptcies they caused?

Quite simply, among the biggest problems with Trump being POTUS is the fact that he simply is not leadership material. He has some qualities of a good leader, but not enough of them and most of the ones he has, aren't well developed or well deployed.

Would Trump have ever been given a CEO/company president position at any Fortune 500 company? Doubtful. In terms of leadership ability and execution, is like many individuals: plenty of potential, but incapable of converting that potential into reality. Such people have no business being given leadership roles, least of all the ultimate leadership role of POTUS.

Forum List

Back