Centrist Dems Already Trying To Put The Brakes On Obama’s Tax Increases

Conservative

Type 40
Jul 1, 2011
Pennsylvania
Even Democrats know Obama's plan is crap.

Centrist Dems Already Trying To Put The Brakes On Obama's Tax Increases | TPMDC

Moderate Senate Democrats are signaling strong resistance to tax increases in the President's deficit-reduction plan, and the early disapproval within his own party will no doubt give Republicans on the deficit super committee plenty of cover to block any and all revenue-raising aspects of Obama's plan.
Sen. Ben Nelson (D-NE) told reporters Monday night that he's put off by all the talk about increasing taxes when he believes the primary and only goal of the deficit super committee should be finding cuts to hack away at the deficit.

"Tax increases have to come second to cutting," he said. "I was just home over the weekend and that's what [my constituents] we're all talking about."

Sen. Mary Landrieu (D-LA), who represents a state whose economy is dependent on energy production, last week said the offset for Obama's new spending plans, which includes the elimination of oil and gas subsidies, "was not going to fly."

"Terrible," Sen. Jim Webb (D-Va.) told Politico last week when asked about the president's ideas for how to pay for the $450 billion price tag. "We shouldn't increase taxes on ordinary income. ... There are other ways to get there."

lol and the ultra-leftists are still trying to tell us that Turner(R) winning in New York is irrelevant...

Wow...A (one) democratic believes that the "super committee" for reducing deficit spending should concentrate on reducing deficit spending?

Look for that fool to be reported to AttackWatch! :lol:

I think they're gonna take away his Libtard membership card at the next meeting.

None of the quotes indicate an unwillingness to increase tax revenue. I don't think anyone doubted that Congressional Democrats were going to try to make changes to Obama's proposals. The real issue will be the what the Republicans do.

Wow...A (one) democratic believes that the "super committee" for reducing deficit spending should concentrate on reducing deficit spending?

raising revenue is part of cutting the deficit

i know that's a complicated concept for randians.

The deficit committee was formed to CUT spending--not raise taxes so Barack Obama could spend more money. And that is exactly what he has asked them to do in his new jobs bill.

Last edited:

The deficit committee was formed to CUT spending--not raise taxes so Barack Obama could spend money.

nice lie, wackadoodle....

so do you get paid per thread? per hit on your thread?

what's the deal?

enquiring minds want to know.

You spend beyond your means, then you cut back your spending.

I know that's a complicated concept for alchemists, looters and other assorted Obammy cultists.

Forum List

Back