Centrality of anti-miscegenation to the Protestant Reformation

Mike Dwight

VIP Member
Jul 23, 2017
Obviously Bloody Mary was the Daughter of the Spanish line and King Henry. Queen Mary of Scotland was despised as the ex-Queen of France and being from the French court. These rulers were all overthrown as a measure of Protestant Reformation in these countries. The Spanish were overthrown altogether from the Empire's control in the Netherlands. Outside of Lutheran Germany, the Spirit of the very Reformation itself has been linked continuously until the 1950's with anti-miscegenation since the Races in Europe was a more developed concept, and anti-marriage laws existed between same-religion England and Scotland and elsewhere. Auld Lang Syne, obviously, remains in Scottish, because we are describing the Scottish "Long Time Ago", as well as other concepts, for a very English-world popular tune, describing Scottish couples, is the traditional usage of the song. Obviously when Judges attempted to defend keeping anti-miscegenation laws on the books in the South, the Judges provided religious arguments about how God had "place all the races", as far as I've read.

Obviously Bloody Mary was the Daughter of the Spanish line and King Henry. Queen Mary of Scotland was despised as the ex-Queen of France and being from the French court. These rulers were all overthrown as a measure of Protestant Reformation in these countries. The Spanish were overthrown altogether from the Empire's control in the Netherlands. Outside of Lutheran Germany, the Spirit of the very Reformation itself has been linked continuously until the 1950's with anti-miscegenation since the Races in Europe was a more developed concept, and anti-marriage laws existed between same-religion England and Scotland and elsewhere. Auld Lang Syne, obviously, remains in Scottish, because we are describing the Scottish "Long Time Ago", as well as other concepts, for a very English-world popular tune, describing Scottish couples, is the traditional usage of the song. Obviously when Judges attempted to defend keeping anti-miscegenation laws on the books in the South, the Judges provided religious arguments about how God had "place all the races", as far as I've read.
Coherence in Writing: Definition & Examples - Video & Lesson Transcript | Study.com

Coherence in Writing: Definition & Examples - Video & Lesson Transcript | Study.com

(Register to view this lesson)

not to worry, they give free 1 minute - probably R05's highest watermark for their advanced education ...

• Banned
at least im not making up Impossible legal requirements from nowhere. huh?! With pure baseless abstract anger without origin point or correction and pure prosecution. huh?! thesis statement non-existant?

Obviously Bloody Mary was the Daughter of the Spanish line and King Henry. Queen Mary of Scotland was despised as the ex-Queen of France and being from the French court. ...

Mary Tudor was the daughter of Henry VIII and his first wife Cathrine of Aragon. After the divorce their common daughter Mary was declared to be a bastard and was seperated from her mother. Mary Tudor was born February 18, 1516. Henry VIII annulled the marriage with Catharina after 24 years in 1533. Henry VIII started a war against France in 1514 - Catharina of Aragon was during this time the Queen of England. The Scotish king Jacob IV was allied with France with the "Auld Alliance" wich was made in the years 1165 ( or latest in 1295)m which was renewed in 1326. King Jacob IV (Seumas a Ceithir) of Scotland had died on a battlefield against the England of king Henry VIII in this war in 1513. The auld alliance was replaced in 1560 with the treaty of Edinburgh as a result of the reformation of Scotland. Scotland was now on the side of England, where Henry VIII had made the kings/queens of England to the head of the anglican church.

Mary Tudor got the nick name "Bloody Mary". But as far as I can see she never was Queen of France. It seems to me you speak here about Mary Stuart, which was a daughter-in-law of the king of France too, who had proclaimed her to be the Queen of England. But Mary Stuart was not "Bloody Mary".

Do you think this old stories will have an influence to the situaiton after the brexit of Great Britain? Can it be for example Scotland will go back into a new variation of the auld alliance and leave Great Britain after the Brexit?

Last edited:
  • Banned
Thanks for the care, zaangalewa. Awesome recap. I'd like to say a bit. You know the origin-point they like on the Anglican Church, seeing as Divorce is an almost impossible sin, is that by being too close a family, the Pope first granted the permission to ignore this, there was then an English Church to say that in fact, they were Never married because they agreed to the previous rules that they were too close by blood and Biblical rules to be married. The marriage never happened. It wasn't cancelled or divorced. They were acting in good faith to that point, all that sort of stuff.
They definitely didn't just up and start a war with France. This was the concluding movements of the Hundred Years War with France. The Pope's support for Joan of Arc and the French would cause Christian tensions, I imagine.

From Wikipedia about the Mary of Scotland "she married the Dauphin of France, Francis. He ascended the French throne as King Francis II in 1559, and Mary briefly became queen consort of France, until his death in December 1560. Widowed, Mary returned to Scotland, arriving in Leith on 19 August 1561. Four years later, she married her first cousin, Henry Stuart, Lord Darnley and in June 1566 they had a son, James. "

Seeing as the "Auld" or Old alliance was replaced soon by "Auld" or Old Lang Syne, she wasn't what the Reformed Religions wanted.

The Act of Supremacy Specifically did Not allow the title of Head of the Church, which only belonged to Christ, but gave Queen Elizabeth the title of Governor of the Church. King James I found Queen Elizabeth's settlements totally settled and adequate, and so religion attempted to continue with this example. When the Pope excommunicated Elizabeth as a Calvinist, you can already see how the Religions had targeted each other, and this "Via Media" religion or middle ground religion, was avoidant of conflict, as loyalty to the Queen did not force loyalty checks to Calvinists or the Pope. The only actual ruler I believe confirmed Under Presbyterianism, Reformed Governance, and Calvinism, would have been a Baby King James I, I'm not too sure. Queen Elizabeth I was the victory of Protestantism, nevertheless, as a theme of her ascendancy, also Protestantism, that was key militarily for generals from England to aiding Scotland and Netherlands, and attempted religious forays of relief for Huguenots in France.
Oh, I see I DID mention the two Queen Mary's close together in my Original Post. That can be confusing. Queen Mary of Scotland was deposed with a lot of Nativist sentiment. Her continued plots to both, take over her claim in England, and escape jail in England, led to her execution.

Well if they are no longer uniting for a United Kingdoms, historically, or then, United Kingdom, by circumstances beyond Scottish control, for something besides religion, that is definitely a Strained point. The English are 30% catholic I guess and the Anglicans moved toward Universal Catholicism over the years. Why would the Scottish join the French, whom are of course further on that point. Its very far from the point of my thread. Well The French are menage a trois lovers and totally against your very own anthem there, in favor of importing Scottish women looking over the sea for escape routes , or what do you figure is your touchstone with France?

The Brits have had a joke at the expense of the French for years. Camelot is a touchstone of Old Empire. What If, what if, you know, and these new World Republic French will return to the days of Religion wars, in favor of a mythically fantastic Kingdom of Britain of course.

Last edited:
Thanks for the care, zaangalewa. Awesome recap. I'd like to say a bit. You know the origin-point they like on the Anglican Church, seeing as Divorce is an almost impossible sin, is that by being too close a family, the Pope first granted the permission to ignore this, there was then an English Church to say that in fact, they were Never married because they agreed to the previous rules that they were too close by blood and Biblical rules to be married. The marriage never happened. It wasn't cancelled or divorced. They were acting in good faith to that point, all that sort of stuff.[/uotze]

What a nonsnesw. Henry VIII grew more and more to become a monster. I guess it exists not any crime which this man did not do. He never was qualified to be a first man within the church of god.

They definitely didn't just up and start a war with France. This was the concluding movements of the Hundred Years War with France. The Pope's support for Joan of Arc and the French would cause Christian tensions, I imagine.

Sir Thmas More and Jeanne d'Arc were life and were future. Both were murdered from "Anglicans".

From Wikipedia about the Mary of Scotland "she married the Dauphin of France, Francis.

Mary Tudor? Mary Tudor (Mary 1st of England) married Felipe II, who was also the Cown Prince of Spain.

[Quote ]He ascended the French throne as King Francis II in 1559,

1559? Then you speak abhout Mary Stuart and not about Mary Tudor. Mary Stuart was educated in France. She married in 1558.

and Mary briefly became queen consort of France, until his death in December 1560. Widowed, Mary returned to Scotland, arriving in Leith on 19 August 1561. Four years later, she married her first cousin, Henry Stuart, Lord Darnley and in June 1566 they had a son, James. "

Seeing as the "Auld" or Old alliance was replaced soon by "Auld" or Old Lang Syne, she wasn't what the Reformed Religions wanted.

Auld lang syne? You think this song has to do with the Auld Alliance from 1165-1560 AD between France and Scotland? And you like to say what you call "reformed religion" was responsible for this loss of the freedom of Scotland?

The Act of Supremacy

England first?

Specifically did Not allow the title of Head of the Church, which only belonged to Christ, but gave Queen Elizabeth the title of Governor of the Church.

So the separation of church and state broke down.

King James I found Queen Elizabeth's settlements totally settled and adequate, and so religion attempted to continue with this example.

King James? ...

When the Pope excommunicated Elizabeth as a Calvinist,

Elizabeth became a Calvinist? ... Hmm ... Calvin was a man, who domestrated very well how to build an absolute terror regime.

you can already see how the Religions had targeted each other, and this "Via Media" religion or middle ground religion, was avoidant of conflict, as loyalty to the Queen did not force loyalty checks to Calvinists or the Pope. The only actual ruler I believe confirmed Under Presbyterianism, Reformed Governance, and Calvinism, would have been a Baby King James I, I'm not too sure.

Why are you interested in all this bullshit?

Queen Elizabeth I was the victory of Protestantism, nevertheless, as a theme of her ascendancy, also Protestantism, that was key militarily for generals from England to aiding Scotland and Netherlands, and attempted religious forays of relief for Huguenots in France.

This meets the German history now. The Prussian were Calvinists too, that's why they had supported the Huguenots. In the end the Prussians will take care that Germany will be totally wasted more than only one time. An indirect result of Calvinism and the politics of England in Germany.

Oh, I see I DID mention the two Queen Mary's close together in my Original Post. That can be confusing.

Exactly. Mary was and is a very popular name.

Queen Mary of Scotland was deposed with a lot of Nativist sentiment. Her continued plots to both, take over her claim in England, and escape jail in England, led to her execution.

Well if they are no longer uniting for a United Kingdoms, historically, or then, United Kingdom, by circumstances beyond Scottish control, for something besides religion, that is definitely a Strained point.

?

The English are 30% catholic I guess

9.6% of the population. No idea how they survided the terror of the own people and governments.

and the Anglicans moved toward Universal Catholicism over the years.

From my point of view the Anglicans move towards this what I would call "egg-laying, milk-bearing woolly sow"-church.

Why would the Scottish join the French, whom are of course further on that point. Its very far from the point of my thread.

Because England betrayed them. Scotland made a referendum whether to leave UK or not. Politicians convinced the Scots to stay, because Great Britain was a member of the EU. Indeed the Scots had been able to leave the UK and to stay in the EU at the same time. Now they have to leave the EU together with England and Wales and have afterwards to do new accession negotiations with the EU. It's very difficult to say what's the best way for Scotand now. But if I would be a Scot I would call all other Brits "damned Prussians".

Well The French are menage a trois lovers and totally against your very own anthem there, in favor of importing Scottish women looking over the sea for escape routes , or what do you figure is your touchstone with France?

The Germanic, Celtic and Roman culture of France.

The Brits have had a joke at the expense of the French for years. Camelot is a touchstone of Old Empire.

Camelot is a fantasy which is basing on the reality of Charlesmagne in Aachen. Even Merlin had lived there. His name was Alkuin (Ealhwine, Alhwin, Alchoin).

What If, what if, you know, and these new World Republic French will return to the days of Religion wars, in favor of a mythically fantastic Kingdom of Britain of course.

Last edited:
  • Banned
That seemed like a very confused post obviously... I was reading lyrics on Brown Rosie of Alabama , around 1840? Talking about the Belles of Spain is irony, such a strong rejection of the marriages of Spain, also with Westminster Confession theology, which outlawed "marriage of a Reformed person and any other" as being unequal, whereas a Catholic might convert through a masculine marriage. In Effect anyway is anti-miscegenation spiritually in Protestant Reformation that is very difficult to intellectually separate in political climates.

Far less sourcable authoritatively, all Reformed Churches have such specialized traditions, the Puritans and the Presbyterians even had a small war in the English Civil War I heard.

Last edited:
That seemed like a very confused post obviously... I was reading lyrics on Brown Rosie of Alabama , around 1840?

Do you read poems from Rainer Maria Rilke?

Talking about the Belles of Spain is irony, such a strong rejection of the marriages of Spain,

Seems to me your understanding of world history has a lot to do with a national point of view on ethnic levels. When Mary Tudor married a member of the house Habsburg of Spain then she married not only Spain but also "Europe" and/or "the world". The house Habsburg was once born in Switzerland. For hundreds of years they had been leaders of the holy empire. The holy empire was the descendant of Rome and the bridge to other important cultures.

also with Westminster Confession theology, which outlawed "marriage of a Reformed person and any other" as being unequal, whereas a Catholic might convert through a masculine marriage. In Effect anyway is anti-miscegenation spiritually in Protestant Reformation that is very difficult to intellectually separate in political climates.

Again: Henry VIII was a monster. It needs courage to resist against such people. I'm sure it was good for the catholic church not to agree with this man. The catholic church canonized by the way Sir Thomas More in 1935 against the spirit of another monster of history: Adolf Hitler.

Far less sourcable authoritatively, all Reformed Churches have such specialized traditions, the Puritans and the Presbyterians even had a small war in the English Civil War I heard.

English Civil War? What's that ... one moment ... was this the war where the monster Cromwell wan in the end? Rough centuries during the reformations in England.

Last edited:
Never ever heard Habsburg associated with Switzerland that's interesting. Ya the Royal Family of Europe, that was at once the Spanish Empire, migrated to Austria, and all along the way was a rebellion from the Habsburgs was a Reformed Country. The Netherlands rebelled from Spanish Habsburgs to form its country through religion. The English would not marry the Habsburg family in lesser Union. The Hungarians had to not identify with Catholicism and Habsburg's Austria. The end of the Habsburgs is the Presbyterian President Woodrow Wilson, breaking up the Austrian Empire for the Native countries today in the Slavic south.

Never ever heard Habsburg associated with Switzerland that's interesting.

Switzerland eliminated the influence of nobels as far as I know as the first nation of the world, although they are a mix of the nations Italy, Germany and France - but with people who had lived since ever there in the mountains. The Swiss are "Eidgenossen". The english translation is "confederate". Not a very good translation. The verbal meaning is the Swiss made an Oath - the so called "Rütli-Schwur" in 14xx - and everyone who follows this Oath is an "Eidgenosse". The spirit of this Oath is alive in many people of the world.

Ya the Royal Family of Europe, that was at once the Spanish Empire, migrated to Austria,

Austria was only a little part of the holy empire. Indeed the title "emperor of Austria" is only a pseudo-solution for the very difficult problem that Napoleon Bonparte had eliminated the holy empire and the emperor of the holy empire (represented from the house Habsburg at this moment of history) was not able to defend the holy empire any longer. So the "roman emperor" of the house Habsburg (living in Vienna in Austria) separated Austria from the holy empire and founded an own multi-national empire.The holy empire was dead.

and all along the way was a rebellion from the Habsburgs was a Reformed Country.

Indeed it were the Calvinists in the Netherlands who started a war against Felipe II - the so called 80 years war. But in the Netherlands lived Germans, who spoke not Spanish. They never had the feeling to be part of Spain.

The Netherlands rebelled from Spanish Habsburgs to form its country through religion.

Today only 18% of the people in the Netherlands believe any longer in god. The greatest church there is the catholic church (25%). The others churches followed in history a very complex system of separations and reunions. What I not understand is a union between Calvinists and Lutherans. Confusing.

The English would not marry the Habsburg family in lesser Union.

I heard in England exists a law which forbids a Catholic to be king or Queen of England. Not a big problem. So the Windsors are not allowed to marry Catholics. But they could marry a Buddhist and he/she could become the head of England and the anglican church.

The Hungarians had to not identify with Catholicism and Habsburg's Austria. The end of the Habsburgs is the Presbyterian President Woodrow Wilson, breaking up the Austrian Empire for the Native countries today in the Slavic south.

Without the USA I'm very sure Germany, the multi-national Austrian-Hungarian empire and the multi-national Osman empire had won world war 1. Russia, France and the English empire had lost. What I don't see is that it was really good for the world what the USA had caused. Lots of the problems of today in the East of Europe and in the world of the Muslims result out of problems from this time. One result of this all was for example the rise of Adolf Hitler. The catholic nobles of Germany (including the nobels of the house Habsburg) were by the way 100% against Adolf Hitler. And whom I call the "last emperor" - (the last Austrian emperor who was educated in the followership of the German emperors (=the roman emperors of the holy empire of german (=united) nation)) - died by the way in 2011. Otto von Habsburg, who lived in Bavaria and is burried in Vienna and in Pannonhalma, was a very important member of the European Parliament. He fought his life for more democracy within an United Europe. I hope he will help the Hungarian nation to find back the way to a higher respect for democracy and the European Union and he will help to protect Austria from any influence of Nazis.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back