Central banks start to abandon the U.S. dollar

I heard the same thing about a year ago...

If they didn't do it then, I doubt they'll do it now....

abandon it for what? The Euro? The Ruble? The Yen? the Argentine Peso?

We already knew that central banks have preferred gold to dollars, and that they’re even selling their gold for cash; now, according to Lawson’s data, it seems that those central banks prefer almost anything to dollars.

Yeah, the central banks would like to go back to the days of the Roman Empire...in a whole lot of ways....

Ain't gonna happen.

Just last week, America’s debt lept $166 billion in a single day. That one-day run-up is greater than the entire U.S. annual deficit in 2007. And Americans, the world’s consumers, continue much of the behavior that helped the U.S savings rate drop so low.

another Greek tragedy in the making.....?

abandon it for what? The Euro? The Ruble? The Yen? the Argentine Peso?

We already knew that central banks have preferred gold to dollars, and that they’re even selling their gold for cash; now, according to Lawson’s data, it seems that those central banks prefer almost anything to dollars.

That denotes a general mistrust of currency in general, not just the dollar.

wow 8 months old and exactly the opposite happened.
Eos, you took no economics in college right?

The degree to which the confidence in the dollar is rising or falling can be seen in the price of gold.

Seems to me that central banks, just like many of us, are losing confidence in every specie...not just the USD.

confidence in the dollar is at near all time highs, why do you poor people think the bond market has been knocking it out the park?

Forum List

Back