Census workers get ready for door-to-door count

So your saying the gov't doesn't want them reported.

I'm saying that isn't the job of the Census Bureau. You DO understand the concept of "not everyone has the same job", I hope?

Is it not your your job as an american to report a crime?

Am I the Census Bureau? Why, no, I don't think so. Is this the third or fourth time you've asked me a question I've already answered? Why, yes, I believe it is. Are you an idiot with no reading comprehension or memory? You make the call.

No Soliciting Sign... check
No Trespassing Sign.... check
AR-15 cleaned and oiled... check
Mossberg 935 cleaned.... check
Ammo stocked... check

give me one of the false scam artists

False scam artists?

Yeah.. that came out wrong.... LOL

fakers or scam artists.. better??

So your saying the gov't doesn't want them reported.

I'm saying that isn't the job of the Census Bureau. You DO understand the concept of "not everyone has the same job", I hope?

Is it not your your job as an american to report a crime?

Not in the capacity for working for the Census Bureau it's not. It is decidedly illegal to compromise the integrity of the Census that way. Questions on citizenship are not asked, though country of origin is. The Constitution requires an enumeration, and the ability to get that enumeration would be seriously hurt if people thought that they would be reported to immigration.

Similarly, the National Crime Victimization Survey, conducted by the Census, will not report involvement in crimes committed by the respondents. Because of that, they get a much better picture of the true state of crime than going by the FBI's records of reported crime.

YOu guys know they don't come to your house if you just send the damn thing in. :cuckoo:

That's what I thought, too!! Apparently it makes no difference whether you send it in or not. I sent my completed form in the day after I got it, but yesterday I got the knock at the door. Credentials were asked for and shown, I told her I had already replied, and she said something about a mixup and that they had been instructed to count all the houses again.....really, really nice and apologetic older lady.....I gave her the answers again.

While we're on the subject, does anybody have any thoughts as to why the 2010 head count has become this huge fire drill? This is my fourth experience with the Census and quite frankly I don't ever remember it being this big circus before.....what is going on? With all the technology I would think it would be quite simple now?

In my capacity as a census enumerator, I don't care. My job is to fill out the questionnaires for the addresses I'm given. That's it, that's all. Law enforcement is not in my job description.
And, in that capacity, that's all I would expect you to do.
Do you feel that we're going to end up with an inaccurate count, given the number of illegals? Therefore causing lopsided funding??
And do you feel, as an American citizen, that it would be your responsibility to report it if you do find out someone is here illegally?

Once I'm off the clock, sure. We actually discussed this in training, what one does if one discovers evidence of a crime while on the job. Violent crime, with imminent danger to someone, I call 911 immediately. Non-violent crime, such as immigration issues (which I'm actually pretty unlikely to discover anything actionable on while I'm working), my orders are to complete my work for the day, clock out, and then make whatever anonymous phone reports I feel compelled to make. What I cannot do is report it in my official capacity as a Census Bureau employee, or reveal any personal information from Census records or paperwork. What I do as a private citizen, on my own time, with my own personal information and observations, is entirely up to me.

i was told that no information obtained during your census duty could not be used...remember all that pii stuff...i dont think you can report things discovered while on the payroll. I would double check that. we were told not to involve the police unless necessary.

You know a friend of mine did that to an insurance salesman. He worked third shift ant the guy woke him up, but he had blanks in the gun slung the door open and just started shooting, the guy almost left his car in the driveway.

YOu guys know they don't come to your house if you just send the damn thing in. :cuckoo:

That's what I thought, too!! Apparently it makes no difference whether you send it in or not. I sent my completed form in the day after I got it, but yesterday I got the knock at the door. Credentials were asked for and shown, I told her I had already replied, and she said something about a mixup and that they had been instructed to count all the houses again.....really, really nice and apologetic older lady.....I gave her the answers again.

While we're on the subject, does anybody have any thoughts as to why the 2010 head count has become this huge fire drill? This is my fourth experience with the Census and quite frankly I don't ever remember it being this big circus before.....what is going on? With all the technology I would think it would be quite simple now?

The Obama lama needs to know how much he can raise taxes.

You know a friend of mine did that to an insurance salesman. He worked third shift ant the guy woke him up, but he had blanks in the gun slung the door open and just started shooting, the guy almost left his car in the driveway.

I don't possess any blanks. Got an ample supply of "stuff" from Hornady though ....

Why? I answer the door with a gun behind my back.:cool:

I don't possess any blanks. Got an ample supply of "stuff" from Hornady though ....

$ammo-critical-defense-pkg.jpg
$base_media.jpg some of my favs.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back