Census workers can enter your apartment in your absence

Dante, You really need to get past that penis envy thing. Alcohol isn't the answer either. ;)

I saw allot of overkill during the 2000 census, oddly we have only been bothered once that I know of this time around. I like that. Keeping those fingers crossed too. My issues with the Census are different. Like Race. I'm Human, How about You??? Galatians Chapter 3:28 was my write in answer in 2000. ;)

The Constitutional obligation is the count.

I get really tired of hearing that "Constitutional obligation" number, as though the Constitution is the only federal law in existence, and exhaustive in its comprehension. It isn't, and it isn't. As with everything else, it establishes the basics, and leaves the details up to lesser federal laws, in this case Title 13, which specifies a lot more than just a number.

As it happens, if all you give me is a number, my supervisor is just going to make me go ask your neighbors, who are going to be more than happy to tell me ALLLLL about you, so just save some taxpayer dollars and answer me the first time, huh?

First off, we do answer all of the questions. Secondly, last time I checked You still don't walk on water. Get over yourself. In fact, it is long over due, but you need to be questioned more and held to account. ;)

oddly enough...in all my census training....3 sessions so far....no one has told me i could do this....gated communites are an issue....one tossed out all the census people and would only allow one person to work the entire community...he would place the notice of visits or whatever he needed to place on the door....a worker from the gated community would be right behind him removing it.
Looks like the manager of this gated community wanted to undermine the well being of his community. Which is what anyone wishing to prevent census workers from doing their jobs is actually doing. Why would you want to see your community lose out on federal funding, grants and representation in Congress?

Just like a degenerate giving out candy to little children. ;)

Thanks for the reasonable and practical application of the rule. So far answering the first two questions on the Census seems to have worked. No visits yet.

Your regional office might be nicer than ours, then, because I was sent out to question this guy who proudly made his big "political statement" by answering like that, and they weren't willing to accept that. He made the same big "political statement" to me (like I give a smuck any more than the computer did), and my supervisor sent me to go ask his neighbors.

And by the way, what the hell makes ANYONE feel justified in being incredibly rude the way some of these assholes on my route have been? Not that I particularly CARE, but I'm really curious. You don't want to answer, fine. It's no skin off my nose. But screaming and cussing and slamming doors? Why is THAT necessary?

My local census lady says she loves it when people refuse to give her the info they are by law required to provide. Being a bit of a busybody, she says it makes her job more interesting as she goes sleuthing for informants. She knows everyone's dirty laundry now. :lol:

Government at it's finest. ;) Something to be real proud of. Where did they teach that? ACORN?

Oh Drudge... Well then!

:lol:

Matt Drudge: The go to guy when truth hardly matters! :)

As compared to the New York Times supplying classified Information to our enemies. I'll stay with Drudge, you stay with your marionettes. ;)

Oh Drudge... Well then!

:lol:

Matt Drudge: The go to guy when truth hardly matters! :)

As compared to the New York Times supplying classified Information to our enemies. I'll stay with Drudge, you stay with your marionettes. ;)

Please do. We like you Republicans uninformed, you're funnier that way.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9QFwso2gTTM&feature=related]YouTube - Democrats on an Escalator Full Version[/ame]

Dante, You really need to get past that penis envy thing. Alcohol isn't the answer either. ;)

I saw allot of overkill during the 2000 census, oddly we have only been bothered once that I know of this time around. I like that. Keeping those fingers crossed too. My issues with the Census are different. Like Race. I'm Human, How about You??? Galatians Chapter 3:28 was my write in answer in 2000. ;)

The Constitutional obligation is the count.

I get really tired of hearing that "Constitutional obligation" number, as though the Constitution is the only federal law in existence, and exhaustive in its comprehension. It isn't, and it isn't. As with everything else, it establishes the basics, and leaves the details up to lesser federal laws, in this case Title 13, which specifies a lot more than just a number.

As it happens, if all you give me is a number, my supervisor is just going to make me go ask your neighbors, who are going to be more than happy to tell me ALLLLL about you, so just save some taxpayer dollars and answer me the first time, huh?

I wonder if the Census Bureau is keeping records of the number of assholes in the population? :lol: It would be interesting to see the demographics on that.

I had this happen to me yesterday. I pulled up to a REO property I recently purchased and a Census worker was there looking in windows. She came up to my truck & started in on me. I told the bitch that i sent in every form they sent to my properties. I told her I got the letter at this property saying a form was coming but never got the form. She demanded to know who was living there. I told her my niece just graduated college & just moved here a week ago to look for a job. The place was vacant April 1. She demanded her phone & cell numbers. I told her the phone was not even hooked up & pointed to the cable lying on the ground. She said I know she has a cell & you know how to call her, let me see your cell phone. She demanded me to let her in to the house. I said no way. She ask my name & I said leave. She took down my truck license number & stormed off. She never showed me any ID, but only had a blue census form on a clip-board.

Later I thought about how my niece is a democrat & I should have given up all her info & let her rifle through her stuff to teach that brat a lesson about citizen privacy from a tyrannical government.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back