Census: U.S. Poverty Rate Spikes, Nearly 50 Million Americans Affected

This was the election of lies. Gawd are they all this bad?

I feel like an ant trying to avoid the magnifying glass.

Can I trust anything I read? It's fucked up!!!!!!

The plan is predicated on the belief that the top 1% can fully support the 99% in the style to which they would like to become accustomed.

Chronic laziness has one outcome, just one. When the government thinks they are in a position where it can no longer be assailed they open labor camps and dormitory factories.

Lenin did it, Stalin did it, Mao did it, Castro did it.

Until then the population will be pampered, lured and accommodated.

Right! Blame Americans first. Attaboy, Katzndogz. Now you're thinkin'!

The fact that every Black city is the same old violent and poor hole in the ground says something about their culture. Disprove me.

Really? DC is poorer than them backwater cities in AR, MS, etc? News to me.

Could be the pointy hat is too large and coming down over your eyes. Just guessing.

don't ask us asswarp, ask the democraps.

Gotcha. Good advice.

And thus best I just say, since I both loathe poverty but am not loathe to ways of fixing it, as most or all Reps in Congress are.

Bear in mind, assisitance merely mitigates some of poverty's less cheerful aspects: hunger/malnutrition, early death, exposure to cold and wet ... which even if you're ambivalent to these things, can cost more than assitance in many cases, such as emergency room visits, increased crime and so on. It ain't all a picnic. And the poor remain poor, even with assistance, which helps and only costs $100 Billiion a year or so to mitigate some of the downsides of being poor.

Now to fixing poverty, as in fewer poor. It starts with eliminating poverty wages, by law. As crazy as it sounds, people with jobs, in America (not Haiti nor Sierra Leone), and they're poor. We have a term for them, even: working poor, which sickens me to think we accept the notion that it can or should happen. So immediately, increase the minimum wage, by about 80%. Also, help middle earners make more, so that lower and middle earners spend more creating more employment, which at the higher minimum wage, means: Bingo! Poor no more. (for those workers) And middle wages are effected, both by the upward pressure of a significantly higher minimum wage, but also strict overtime pay laws, and Labor (the department) working toward more unionization, and not sucking business lobby dick, as is has since 2000, and before. Best of all: cost per year, to tax payers: a huge negative number. Higher wages pay higher taxes. More in revenue is collected, and that $100 Billion we're spending for poverty assistance gets smaller too.

It's an anti-spending/tax Rightie wetdream, even. Imagine that. Plus, less poverty, which is kinda nice, since well, being poor ain't no picnic.

and walla, UTOPIA with NO businesses for the people to work at by raising the minimum wage by 80%, WHY not 100%.....
good grief.

Last edited:
The fact that every Black city is the same old violent and poor hole in the ground says something about their culture. Disprove me.

Could be the pointy hat is too large and coming down over your eyes. Just guessing.

AR isn't nearly as violent and can take care of themselves
and MS is 40% black as a state

Have you ever tried to nuke a cockroach in a microwave?

How is it that we've spent 8 trillion on poverty and poverty continues to rise?

Because we're not fixing what makes people poor, merely making it less Hooverville-like.

"It's the economy, stupid"
We need jobs. We need to be a nation that isnt so damn lazy. We need to cut out the welfare and maybe people will get off their ass. We need to quit taxing the small businesses so much. There is alot we need, but people cant get over their partisan BS ways to make things better. The red likes it this way. Well im blue and its stupid, vice-versa

Yeah; that's the point. Large increases in the minimum wage parallel large drops in unemployment. The thing is, they spend them bigger paychecks, and drive up demand that needs new workers to serve. So fixing poverty help the economy, too. Whadaya know?

Best of all, costs very little in government money. Few days of running Congress, and some printing expense on new bulletins and such. We can afford it.

Because we're not fixing what makes people poor, merely making it less Hooverville-like.

We need jobs. We need to be a nation that isnt so damn lazy. We need to cut out the welfare and maybe people will get off their ass. We need to quit taxing the small businesses so much. There is alot we need, but people cant get over their partisan BS ways to make things better. The red likes it this way. Well im blue and its stupid, vice-versa

Yeah; that's the point. Large increases in the minimum wage parallel large drops in unemployment. The thing is, they spend them bigger paychecks, and drive up demand that needs new workers to serve. So fixing poverty help the economy, too. Whadaya know?

Best of all, costs very little in government money. Few days of running Congress, and some printing expense on new bulletins and such. We can afford it.

you don't live in the real world, do you?

AR isn't nearly as violent and can take care of themselves
and MS is 40% black as a state

Shit you're right! Slap me with a watermelon.

MS only 299 violent crimes per 100,000 and DC is closer to 1,500. Imagine that. Lots of them darkies and low violent crime rate. Damnit. Time to get rid of all these crosses and lighter fluid.

you don't live in the real world, do you?

It seem real. Hang on. I'll be right back ...

Yeah; feels real too. So I'm certain I live in the real world, I think.

And whataya know, we've raise the Minimum Wage by 80% once before. And darnit, the unemployment rate was cut in half in the 24 months following. Whoduh thunk? Maybe other large increases (30% or more) had a reverse effect? Nope. Unemployment dropped those times, too.

Real facts. Real USA. Real easy to check, assuming you have Internet access, which seems certain, since, well, you're here. Ergo, no excuse for ignorance, of subject matter you're debating. I'd think.

Have you ever tried to nuke a cockroach in a microwave?

No I have never seen a live cockroach.

Does it live and grow stronger?

Nah; just not as crispy in the microwave. Conventional oven-baked is better. :)

People voted for handout instead of a job, that who elected Obama

What handout?

What I heard, and think was the key differentiation was: tax cuts across the board (Romney handout for all) vs. the well-off paying more taxes (Obama: no handout, but reduce deficit, at the upper earner's expense)

The result of 30 years of supply side bullshit Reaganomics.

Well done righties!

Forum List

Back