Census finds record gap between Rich and Poor

Again we have way more shit, we have 2 earner couples because we no longer chastize woman for working, or at least not as much.

We have two earner couples but do not have much to show for double the work effort. Less time for family, less time off all to achieve the same house and essentials our parents and grandparents got for one income

The "Coolidge Prosperity" had a lot to do with the rise of American industrial power: railroads, steel, and Henry Fords mass production, remember? And the power of the Capital markets to provide the massive resources necessary to make it work

It's not about Soviet style central planning like losers Hoover and FDR. It's all about letting American Entrepreneurs do what they do best, keeping government out of the way and burning the D]Federal Reserve down to the ground.

Facts are not your friend

Let me see if I have this right: You don't think part of the "Coolidge prosperity" was the result of a bubble? it was all real, legitimate growth based on industry and mass production?

That's what I said, right? Was that not clear?

I just wanted to make sure I had that right.

And there you have it folks, Frank doesn't believe that there was a financial bubble as of Jan 20th, 1929. In considering his claims about other similar issues, let's remember this one.

Let me see if I have this right: You don't think part of the "Coolidge prosperity" was the result of a bubble? it was all real, legitimate growth based on industry and mass production?

And there you have it folks, Frank doesn't believe that there was a financial bubble as of Jan 20th, 1929. In considering his claims about other similar issues, let's remember this one.

Keep in mind you are trying to carry on a debate with Frank

Facts and logic are checked at the door

bullshit since when did paying 100% for a kids college become a necessity. Only in the libtard brain.
Again we have way more shit, we have 2 earner couples because we no longer chastize woman for working, or at least not as much.

Liberals shoot themselves in the foot with class warfare. Most in the middle class don't have the dedication to be rich, but they all WANT the option.

bullshit since when did paying 100% for a kids college become a necessity.

When the cost of going to college became more than a kid could make working part time. I went to four years of college on what I earned working part time minimum wage ($2.15 hour) jobs. By holding back the minimum wage while college costs escallated, the GOP has ensured that the middle class has declining access to a college education

don't let facks get in your way of a good libtard rant.
The average college grad makes 2.5MM more in a career, pay if you feel obligated Junior will be OK.

We have two earner couples but do not have much to show for double the work effort. Less time for family, less time off all to achieve the same house and essentials our parents and grandparents got for one income

It's called progress, in the 1800's we had less jobs and a lot more time with family. Back then they used to say kids are to be seen and not heard. LOL

There was SOME 'irrational exuberance". Some! But anything near enough to cause the the devastation that Hoover, FDR and the Fed inflicted on the US economy

First, the Fed choked the money supply by 1/3 in 1929 by raising discount rate from 3.5% to 6% between Jan and August.

Then Joe Kennedy and other launch a massive short sale on the market during October 1929.

By April 1930, the market recovered to precrash levels. Then, Smoot Hawley passes in June 1930, strangling international trade and Hoover keeps trying "Mo' n Bigga Gubbamint" as the answer to every problem.

Thank your buddies the Fed and Soviet style Central Planner Hoover then FDR for inflicting further damage driving the Dow down into double digits and giving us 10+ years of 20+% unemployment

800px-1929_wall_street_crash_graph.svg.png

bullshit since when did paying 100% for a kids college become a necessity. Only in the libtard brain.

Liberals shoot themselves in the foot with class warfare. Most in the middle class don't have the dedication to be rich, but they all WANT the option.

When the cost of going to college became more than a kid could make working part time. I went to four years of college on what I earned working part time minimum wage ($2.15 hour) jobs. By holding back the minimum wage while college costs escallated, the GOP has ensured that the middle class has declining access to a college education

The average college grad makes 2.5MM more in a career, pay if you feel obligated Junior will be OK.

I'm not questioning whether it is worth it (sometimes it isn't)

I am questioning the affordability of a college education that a kid used to be able to pay for making minimum wage and now must assume $100,000 + in debt

There was SOME 'irrational exuberance". Some!

indeed! the only question is: how much is "some". Judging by the postwar recovery, one would say: a lot, a whole, whole fucking lot. That's why the market didn't rebound until the 1950's.

First, the Fed choked the money supply by 1/3 in 1929 by raising discount rate from 3.5% to 6% between Jan and August.

That was just wringing out the excess, Frank! Giving the economy the mal-tasting dose of medicine it needed! Following the gold standard-type thinking!

I note that you agree that we should have opened the spigot instead of closing it. hmmm....Did we open the spigot at any point in the more recent past? Did you support that, Frank?

By April 1930, the market recovered to precrash levels.

Even the chart you supplied shows that never happened.

again, if the kid choses a non joke major thier salary will easily pay student loans.

[...]

*yawn* more envy driven sour grapes.

[...]
The nonsensical concept of envy on the part of economically ravaged victims of neo-Conservative marauding is analogous to the notion that a rape victim might envy the rapist for the pleasure he derives. It clearly reflects the degenerate, greed-oriented mentality of the right-wing extremist.

The problem with America's economy is rooted in greed. Not envy.

And if it is not easy.. that is a result of their choice... as the carnies used to say, "You pay your money you take your chances"... life ain't guaranteed, your wants do not guarantee an outcome, and if you don't want the possible negative, go the safer route.. but that is YOUR choice

The chart show the Dow taking another crack at 300, let's call every thing about 300, the bubble, ok?

Not after the industrial revolution or before the 8 hour work day and creation of Overtime. Work then could be standard 16 hour days 6 days a week. Not much life to live after that.

I am questioning the affordability of a college education that a kid used to be able to pay for making minimum wage and now must assume $100,000 + in debt

"MUST assume $100,00 + in debt?" How do you figure?

The University of Texas costs less than $5000 in tuition for a semester. An even cheaper route would be to do the first 2 years at Austin Community College for $870 a semester.

How does someone working through college need to rack up that much debt?

again, if the kid choses a non joke major thier salary will easily pay student loans.

I didn't need student loans, my part-time employment allowed me to pay as I went. The point is, the cost of college has grown and grown and grown as has the cost of health insurance, doctor visits and medication. Yet salaries for the working stiff are stagnant.
Only stupid people support Reaganomics, or the very, very wealthy.

"MUST assume $100,00 + in debt?" How do you figure?

The University of Texas costs less than $5000 in tuition for a semester. An even cheaper route would be to do the first 2 years at Austin Community College for $870 a semester.

How does someone working through college need to rack up that much debt?

I admire the University of Texas. But even in your example of a state funded university. $5000 a semester equals $40,000 tuition for four years. Add room and board, books, fees and other expenses and you are looking at $75,000 to $80,000 for what you consider an inexpensive education.

Hard for a college kid to pay for when you make $7 an hour minimum wage

You used to be able to pay for college making minimum wage

There was SOME 'irrational exuberance". Some!

indeed! the only question is: how much is "some". Judging by the postwar recovery, one would say: a lot, a whole, whole fucking lot. That's why the market didn't rebound until the 1950's.

That was just wringing out the excess, Frank! Giving the economy the mal-tasting dose of medicine it needed! Following the gold standard-type thinking!

I note that you agree that we should have opened the spigot instead of closing it. hmmm....Did we open the spigot at any point in the more recent past? Did you support that, Frank?

By April 1930, the market recovered to precrash levels.

Even the chart you supplied shows that never happened.

You know I'm for the abolition of the Federal Reserve.

I think it's almost comical that we're talking about peanuts while the Fed is handing out literally TRILLIONS in "off balance" sheet business and refusing to discuss who they're doing business with.

If someone hacked your account and handed out your money to others you'd want them prosecuted, why is the Fed different?

2.5 million more in salary pay's the 40,000 easily yes.
Tuition goes up like medical because their is demand. Salaries for skilled and educated people most certainly have gone up. Now if your uneducated and unskilled your likely in front of a tough road to hoe.

Forum List

Back