Census finds record gap between Rich and Poor

That's what big government gets yous... Look at FDR and see...

"The Great Depression was the worst economic slump ever in U.S. history, and one which spread to virtually all of the industrialized world. The depression began in late 1929 and lasted for about a decade. Many factors played a role in bringing about the depression; however, the main cause for the Great Depression was the combination of the greatly unequal distribution of wealth throughout the 1920's, and the extensive stock market speculation that took place during the latter part that same decade. The maldistribution of wealth in the 1920's existed on many levels. Money was distributed disparately between the rich and the middle-class, between industry and agriculture within the United States, and between the U.S. and Europe. This imbalance of wealth created an unstable economy. The excessive speculation in the late 1920's kept the stock market artificially high, but eventually lead to large market crashes. These market crashes, combined with the maldistribution of wealth, caused the American economy to capsize."

Link: The Main Causes of the Great Depression

FDR, huh? Read a bit before you post, or not and be an ignorant troll.

Every sentence in the above is an outright lie. The only thing that's true is FDR oversaw the greatest depression in world history eclipsing the 7 Biblical Lean years, everything else is a lie, a total, complete lie

From the source linked above. Facts are facts; CF can offer his opinion but not his own facts.

"The "roaring twenties" was an era when our country prospered tremendously. The nation's total realized income rose from $74.3 billion in 1923 to $89 billion in 1929. However, the rewards of the "Coolidge Prosperity" of the 1920's were not shared evenly among all Americans. According to a study done by the Brookings Institute, in 1929 the top 0.1% of Americans had a combined income equal to the bottom 42%. That same top 0.1% of Americans in 1929 controlled 34% of all savings, while 80% of Americans had no savings at all. Automotive industry mogul Henry Ford provides a striking example of the unequal distribution of wealth between the rich and the middle-class. Henry Ford reported a personal income of $14 million in the same year that the average personal income was $750. By present day standards, where the average yearly income in the U.S. is around $18,500, Mr. Ford would be earning over $345 million a year! This maldistribution of income between the rich and the middle class grew throughout the 1920's. While the disposable income per capita rose 9% from 1920 to 1929, those with income within the top 1% enjoyed a stupendous 75% increase in per capita disposable income."

So, why didn't the rich provide jobs in the 1930's?

Last edited:
The standard of living for the middle class is disappearing and we continue to reward the wealthy for it

Yeah right.
More people own cars, homes, TVs, computers, etc.
Most people have cell phones, I-Pads, pods etc.
TVs in evey room. Internet, cable, entertainment systems.
And that is just a small sample.

We are far better off then just 30 years ago.

BTW, what the hell is the census doing giving out this info?
The census was supposed to be just for determining how many people there are.

• Thanks
Reactions: Vel
I have my doubts. the census bureau counted the thirty or forty illeals in the country too didn't they? That would skew the picture tremendously. Keep advocating illegal immigration demonRats. The rich can pick up and move, but you can't. that's why we call you DUmmies. Demonize the rich, demonize white people, demonize capitalism, demonize banks, demonize walll street, demonize big business, demonize corporations, demonize insurance companies, demonize Republicans, demonize Palin, demonize Rush, demonize Beck, demonize O'Reilly, demonize Boehner, demonize Hannity, demonize demonize christians, sheesh aren't you exhausted from all theeeese demonizing??

The standard of living for the middle class is disappearing and we continue to reward the wealthy for it

Yeah right.

What you wrote is sort of true, but you misrepresent (by omission) an explanation of your "small sample". Many cars and TV's, computers and entertainment systems are purchased on money borrowed on the family home.
Second mortgages and home equity loans financed the purchase of many such items and consumer debt expanded enormously with the help of the banking industry.
Are we really better off (fiscally) then we were 30 years ago? How many families were homeless 30 years ago because they lost their job(s) or a major illness cost them everything?

Last edited:

Yeah right.

Having a lot of crap in your possession is no measure of success.

Most people buy that shit on credit and live paycheck to paycheck and are in constant fear of losing their jobs.

That's no measure of success and no way to live.

Yeah right.

Most people buy that shit on credit and live paycheck to paycheck and are in constant fear of losing their jobs.

I agree that acquiring luxury items one cannot afford is no way to live.

Yet people do it all the same.

And that is still not my problem... or at least it shouldn't be.

Yeah right.

Consumer goods are more achievable. But when you compare the ability of the average worker to qualify for a home based on one salary, afford healthcare, pay for college for their kids, pay for heat and electric...the standard of living has declined from what it was a generation ago.

My father had a HS education and worked for 40 years climbing poles for the phone company. On just one salary, he bought a 2000 sq ft home on an acre of land, sent four kids to college without going into debt, had a union paid healthcare plan with no deductables.

Todays family has to rely on two incomes to buy a basic home and goes deep into debt to send their kids to college. The standard of living has noticeably declined

Hillarious, we do have way more shit.
And having things it not a way to measure, bullshit libtards if that's so stop rolling out the $20,000 is poverty level BS card.

Where is the middle class going? Most who 'disappear' are becoming UPPER CLASS. Oh we gotta stop THAT shit, don't we?

With good educations all people can have above average incomes.

Four questions.

1. Who/What defines 'Average Income'?

2. Who/What defines 'Good Education'?

3. They will be employed doing what?

4. Will those who are not willing to put forth the effort to earn their education be 'passed through' or 'left behind' because they are unwilling to do the work necessary to develop a skill set required for industry to consider them of value?

bullshit since when did paying 100% for a kids college become a necessity. Only in the libtard brain.
Again we have way more shit, we have 2 earner couples because we no longer chastize woman for working, or at least not as much.

Liberals shoot themselves in the foot with class warfare. Most in the middle class don't have the dedication to be rich, but they all WANT the option.

Today, as in the 1930's, the so-called Very Serious and Important People assure us that the problem is not demand for labor, it's supply. Ya see, what we are currently experiencing is not involuntary unemployment but a Great Vacation where the middle class is choosing leisure over labor.

Yeah right.

I agree that acquiring luxury items one cannot afford is no way to live.

Yet people do it all the same.

And that is still not my problem... or at least it shouldn't be.

It is your problem, or have you not noticed how banks passed out credit cards for decades, and because banks loaned far beyond their means, many of them failed (and your money was needed to protect those who had deposits in such banks).

"The Great Depression was the worst economic slump ever in U.S. history, and one which spread to virtually all of the industrialized world. The depression began in late 1929 and lasted for about a decade. Many factors played a role in bringing about the depression; however, the main cause for the Great Depression was the combination of the greatly unequal distribution of wealth throughout the 1920's, and the extensive stock market speculation that took place during the latter part that same decade. The maldistribution of wealth in the 1920's existed on many levels. Money was distributed disparately between the rich and the middle-class, between industry and agriculture within the United States, and between the U.S. and Europe. This imbalance of wealth created an unstable economy. The excessive speculation in the late 1920's kept the stock market artificially high, but eventually lead to large market crashes. These market crashes, combined with the maldistribution of wealth, caused the American economy to capsize."

Link: The Main Causes of the Great Depression

FDR, huh? Read a bit before you post, or not and be an ignorant troll.

Every sentence in the above is an outright lie. The only thing that's true is FDR oversaw the greatest depression in world history eclipsing the 7 Biblical Lean years, everything else is a lie, a total, complete lie

From the source linked above. Facts are facts; CF can offer his opinion but not his own facts.

"The "roaring twenties" was an era when our country prospered tremendously. The nation's total realized income rose from $74.3 billion in 1923 to $89 billion in 1929. However, the rewards of the "Coolidge Prosperity" of the 1920's were not shared evenly among all Americans. According to a study done by the Brookings Institute, in 1929 the top 0.1% of Americans had a combined income equal to the bottom 42%. That same top 0.1% of Americans in 1929 controlled 34% of all savings, while 80% of Americans had no savings at all. Automotive industry mogul Henry Ford provides a striking example of the unequal distribution of wealth between the rich and the middle-class. Henry Ford reported a personal income of $14 million in the same year that the average personal income was $750. By present day standards, where the average yearly income in the U.S. is around $18,500, Mr. Ford would be earning over $345 million a year! This maldistribution of income between the rich and the middle class grew throughout the 1920's. While the disposable income per capita rose 9% from 1920 to 1929, those with income within the top 1% enjoyed a stupendous 75% increase in per capita disposable income."

Progressives lie, they have no other choice.

The "Coolidge Prosperity" had a lot to do with the rise of American industrial power: railroads, steel, and Henry Fords mass production, remember? And the power of the Capital markets to provide the massive resources necessary to make it work

It's not about Soviet style central planning like losers Hoover and FDR. It's all about letting American Entrepreneurs do what they do best, keeping government out of the way and burning the Federal Reserve down to the ground.

Facts are not your friend

Last edited:
The rich didn't provide jobs in the 30's because the Fed had crushed the American Financial system to help FDR replace it with a Soviet style centrally planned one. That's why we averaged just under 20% unemployment during FDR's Great Depression.

FDR even had SCOTUS rule that the commerce clause controlled what people could grow on their own farm!

The "Coolidge Prosperity" had a lot to do with the rise of American industrial power: railroads, steel, and Henry Fords mass production, remember? And the power of the Capital markets to provide the massive resources necessary to make it work

It's not about Soviet style central planning like losers Hoover and FDR. It's all about letting American Entrepreneurs do what they do best, keeping government out of the way and burning the D]Federal Reserve down to the ground.

Let me see if I have this right: You don't think part of the "Coolidge prosperity" was the result of a bubble? it was all real, legitimate growth based on industry and mass production?

bullshit since when did paying 100% for a kids college become a necessity. Only in the libtard brain.
Again we have way more shit, we have 2 earner couples because we no longer chastize woman for working, or at least not as much.

Liberals shoot themselves in the foot with class warfare. Most in the middle class don't have the dedication to be rich, but they all WANT the option.

bullshit since when did paying 100% for a kids college become a necessity.

When the cost of going to college became more than a kid could make working part time. I went to four years of college on what I earned working part time minimum wage ($2.15 hour) jobs. By holding back the minimum wage while college costs escallated, the GOP has ensured that the middle class has declining access to a college education

It's not about Soviet style central planning like losers Hoover and FDR. It's all about letting American Entrepreneurs do what they do best, keeping government out of the way and burning the D]Federal Reserve down to the ground.

Let me see if I have this right: You don't think part of the "Coolidge prosperity" was the result of a bubble? it was all real, legitimate growth based on industry and mass production?

That's what I said, right? Was that not clear?

Forum List

Back