Census Data - a "hilarious" read

The 2011 Statistical Abstract: State Rankings

Anyone who hasn't visited the "US Census Bureau" should. It's filled with fascinating data and statistics all ranked by state.

Get it? Ranked by state. This is actual data people went out and collected.

AVERAGE ANNUAL PAY
PERSONS BELOW POVERTY LEVEL
PERSONS 25 YEARS OLD AND OVER WITH A BACHELOR'S DEGREE OR MORE(oops)
VIOLENT CRIMES 1 PER 100,000 POPULATION
MOBILE HOMES, PERCENT OF TOTAL HOUSING UNITS(hilarious)
TRAFFIC FATALITIES PER 100 MILLION VEHICLE MILES
GROSS DOMESTIC PRODUCT BY STATE IN CURRENT DOLLARS

Some of the result are pretty shocking, others are expected. The next time Conservatives go on about how "responsible they are and how many degrees they think they have", just go to this site to find out the truth. Believe me, it's not only interesting, but between what they say and what the data shows, the "entertainment" value alone is worth the time it takes to look up the truth.

Judging by the data from, "MOBILE HOMES, PERCENT OF TOTAL HOUSING UNITS", people living in Red States are the most "mobile" in the world".

When are you going to learn how to read? From your link.

Cautionary note about rankings

The ranks in some tables are based on estimates derived from a sample(s). Because of sampling and nonsampling errors associated with the estimates, the ranking of the estimates does not necessarily reflect the correct ranking of the unknown true values. Thus, caution should be used when making inferences or statements about the states' true values based on a ranking of the estimates. As an example, the estimated total (average, percent, ratio, etc.) for State A may be larger than the estimates for all other states. This does not necessarily mean that the true total (average, percent, ratio, etc.) for State A is larger than those for all other states. Such an inference typically depends on --among other factors-- the size of the difference(s) between the estimates in question, and the size of their associated standard errors.
In other tables, the ranks are based on a complete enumeration of the target population, or on complete administrative reporting from the population. In such cases, sampling is not used, and there is no sampling error component in the estimates. Still, care should still be taken when making inferences or statements based on the rankings. The table values may still exhibit nonsampling error originating from such sources as coverage problems (missing units or duplicates), nonresponse, misreporting, and others.
To translate that for the simple minded, you should not make judgements based on the results depicted because you do not have all the facts.

Regardless, what have you got against manufactured housing? Is you nose out of joint again? When are you going to stop being a snob who thinks that living in a manufactured home is funny?

So statistics are a waste of time? There is no reason for a census?

Did you even read what I quoted from the census bureau? The rankings are not weighted properly, using them to draw conclusions about anything without knowing everything is ill advised. Yet you use them to mock people who live in mobile homes because you think of them as trailer trash.

And you think the Republican party is racist.

Did you even read what I quoted from the census bureau? The rankings are not weighted properly, using them to draw conclusions about anything without knowing everything is ill advised. Yet you use them to mock people who live in mobile homes because you think of them as trailer trash.

Dean is a bigot. A narrow, closed-minded, hateful little bigot.

There is no point in even attempting to dispute this.

When are you going to learn how to read? From your link.

To translate that for the simple minded, you should not make judgements based on the results depicted because you do not have all the facts.

Regardless, what have you got against manufactured housing? Is you nose out of joint again? When are you going to stop being a snob who thinks that living in a manufactured home is funny?

The majority of Republicans are racist. The party is 90% white. The majority are rooted in the Confederate South. Yes, the majority of the Republican Party are racist. It's ridiculous to deny that fact.

I've lived in a trailer. I have nothing against trailers.

You called this thread "Census Data - a "hilarious" read" what's the "hilarious" part?

The hilarious part is that the census data is the exact opposite of what most Republicans say about the US. It's just another example of their being wrong ----> again!

You started this thread to make fun of white people who live in trailers, and you're calling others racist?

The majority of Republicans are racist. The party is 90% white. The majority are rooted in the Confederate South.
black.jpg

The majority of Republicans are racist. The party is 90% white. The majority are rooted in the Confederate South. Yes, the majority of the Republican Party are racist. It's ridiculous to deny that fact.

Look in a mirror.

Look in a mirror.

Accusing someone of racism doesn't make them racist. I'm sure there are plenty of blacks who live in trailers.

I wasn't making fun of people living in trailers. I was making fun of people living in trailers who put the best interests of MILLIONAIRES over their own. Millionaires won't let those people anywhere near their "estates". They spit on people living in trailers. Yet USMB right wingers cry, "But they make jobs". Only they don't. No matter how much you bribe them. Better to tax them and then use the bribe money and the tax money to make real, self sustaining jobs.

All you get from pandering to rich people and big corporations is knee and stomach splinters from crawling.

Look in a mirror.

Accusing someone of racism doesn't make them racist. I'm sure there are plenty of blacks who live in trailers.

I wasn't making fun of people living in trailers. I was making fun of people living in trailers who put the best interests of MILLIONAIRES over their own. Millionaires won't let those people anywhere near their "estates". They spit on people living in trailers. Yet USMB right wingers cry, "But they make jobs". Only they don't. No matter how much you bribe them. Better to tax them and then use the bribe money and the tax money to make real, self sustaining jobs.

All you get from pandering to rich people and big corporations is knee and stomach splinters from crawling.
I like to make fun of liberals who claim that it's in everyone's best interests to keep liberals in power.

Just a coincidence, I'm sure.

You sure do seem to take a lot of pleasure in what you feel is human misery.

Yea, that's the left's idea of caring for their fellow man.

HILARIOUS!!!!!!!!!!1

The right cares about their "fellow man". Yea, tell that to Paul Ryan. Or better yet, Eric (no money for victims of natural disaster) Cantor.

"The right" is not Ryan, or Cantor, or any other politician. It is me, and millions of ordinary, hard working Americans. Just like "the left" is you and millions more. I do not judge you on the character (or, more accurately, the lack thereof) of Democrat politicians. I judge you by your asinine attitudes towards anyone who disagrees with your half assed posts.

Which is why I can, with confidence, call you a fucking idiot. But what I will not do, is label All democrats as fucking idiots just because you are.

Look in a mirror.

I like to make fun of liberals who claim that it's in everyone's best interests to keep liberals in power.

I like to make fun of conservatives who claim that turning over the government to corporations and billionaires is in everyone's best interest because those corporations and billionaires fund the Republican leadership, the best politicians money can buy.

Yea, that's the left's idea of caring for their fellow man.

HILARIOUS!!!!!!!!!!1

The right cares about their "fellow man". Yea, tell that to Paul Ryan. Or better yet, Eric (no money for victims of natural disaster) Cantor.

"The right" is not Ryan, or Cantor, or any other politician. It is me, and millions of ordinary, hard working Americans. Just like "the left" is you and millions more. I do not judge you on the character (or, more accurately, the lack thereof) of Democrat politicians. I judge you by your asinine attitudes towards anyone who disagrees with your half assed posts.

Which is why I can, with confidence, call you a fucking idiot. But what I will not do, is label All democrats as fucking idiots just because you are.

The majority of politicians are representative of those who vote into office. Not all, most.

You only have to read what conservatives on this very board say about taxing corporations and billionaires, about the unemployed, about gays, about Muslims, about women's rights, about science, about just about any subject or policy to know the majority of the Republican Party leadership represents their base very well indeed.

If you lived in the South you would discover that most of those poor white racists always vote Democrat.

Many of them said to me that they found it difficult to vote for Obama, but they still did, because they'll never vote for a Republican. It's that rich-man hatred that trumps the racial angle. They mostly say that the GOP is only for the rich, and when you're living in a dump you seem to resent the rich.

Funny thing is they ain't smart enough to find out that every single one of those Democrat leaders are rich.....except for Joe Biden. He's broke.

Last edited:

Did the census do a stat on that "fact" dean?

I like to make fun of conservatives who claim that turning over the government to corporations and billionaires is in everyone's best interest because those corporations and billionaires fund the Republican leadership, the best politicians money can buy.

They also fund the Democrats.

No kidding. Democrats get donations for banks and corps.

The Obama even put GE's CEO (Jeffery Immelt) on his staff.

I guess that slipped by you.

Look in a mirror.

It could also be possible that those who live in trailers are not envious or jealous of what other people have. Would that be the poor whites you are describing who live in the trailers?

Forum List

Back