Censorship?

OP, I think I know the solution to your problem. You haven't kissed the mods' asses enough. Seriously, I tribute them with lots of reps and thanks, and you don't see my first amendment posts getting censorized by their fascism.

Liar. Next ...

But, look at my avatar. It's like the cartoon version of yours. You know what they say, imitation is the sincerest form of flattery...

OP, I think I know the solution to your problem. You haven't kissed the mods' asses enough. Seriously, I tribute them with lots of reps and thanks, and you don't see my first amendment posts getting censorized by their fascism.

Liar. Next ...

But, look at my avatar. It's like the cartoon version of yours. You know what they say, imitation is the sincerest form of flattery...

I'm impressed. Y'know what happened to kiss -ass Marines in my unit? Mess duty. Go ahead think that'll get you anywhere.

You're not "the" troll. You're "just another".

It's kinda hard not to troll this thread, though. I mean, the whole premise of it is ridiculous.

My posts seem to have been tampered with of late. If those with the power to do so find my opinons offensive, simply post counterpoints. Or have the balls to ban me; but covert censorship is anti-everthing our nation was founded upon and everything the RW says they oppose.
I plan to watch much more carefully, and copy and past to word pad my remarks to determine if my hunch is correct, and have evidence if it is true. Mea culpa if I'm mistaken, fuck you if I'm not.

How sad if this is true.

It proves just how badly failed someones ideas are if the only way they can refute what someone says is to actually change what was said.

This is why the right uses the straw man defense all day long.

If has a definition

And? You have a point?

My point is that accusations of moderator censorship are as old as the internet and are usually made by people who don't understand the First Amendment.

...and that my avatar is better than yours, but that's kinda OT.

My posts seem to have been tampered with of late. If those with the power to do so find my opinons offensive, simply post counterpoints. Or have the balls to ban me; but covert censorship is anti-everthing our nation was founded upon and everything the RW says they oppose.
I plan to watch much more carefully, and copy and past to word pad my remarks to determine if my hunch is correct, and have evidence if it is true. Mea culpa if I'm mistaken, fuck you if I'm not.

How sad if this is true.

It proves just how badly failed someones ideas are if the only way they can refute what someone says is to actually change what was said.

If has a definition

So does "implication". You're over your head, as usual.

I don't even have a hundred posts and I've already got a nickname? In all seriousness, though, I do kinda like it.

Liar. Next ...

I'm impressed. Y'know what happened to kiss -ass Marines in my unit? Mess duty. Go ahead think that'll get you anywhere.

You're not "the" troll. You're "just another".

See, it worked. They got out of latrines!
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sMdf5B5-4vg"]Cleaning up in the military[/ame]

And? You have a point?

My point is that accusations of moderator censorship are as old as the internet and are usually made by people who don't understand the First Amendment.

...and that my avatar is better than yours, but that's kinda OT.

Your avatar is lame. Just saying ....

I am not the US government, nor do I receive any Federal Aid so that I am strong-armed by the aforementioned.

Anyone that thinks there is a better forum is free to go there.

How sad if this is true.

If has a definition
By the time you posted your 'if', the question of whether there even WAS an 'if' was already answered.

Moron.

Censorship?

I tried to read your post, but all I could see was this:

china-censored-2.jpg

rofl

i owe you rep for this

as long as the subject is open, i noticed that two people, marc39 and seer travis have been banned recently which is as effective as censorship can get.

i was curious about why seer travis' thread about charlie manson for president was shut down just when it was starting to get interesting.

were there specific transgressions committed by those two? was some threshhold of reasonable behavior crossed?

The subject of banned members is not open. You get banned for violating the rules. I run this board. Freedom of speech is freer on here than any other board I've been on, but there ARE still a few rules. Neither person was banned for their political opinions.

Both members felt they were above the rules. One chose to continually attempt to advertise his website on this board despite at least 4-5 warnings from me, and I don't know how many from the other mods.

The other apparently chose to not let an issue drop with a moderator. Anyone that doesn't like the rules here is free to leave. If they don't like the rules here and refuse to leave and think they are going to use this board as a sounding board for their BS accusations, they will be helped out the door.

that seems pretty clear.

this board is pretty loosely regulated if we use conventional wisdom and political incorrectness guides as a meter. i would like to see a little more moderating from the moderators in terms of keeping discussions on topic and removing warring parties to a separate thread to keep their personal attacks from destroying the continuity of the conversation.

Fuck that.

Hey, I just realized that someone has made 9,702 posts in my name that are all wrong! How the fuck did the moderators do that?!?!

The subject of banned members is not open. You get banned for violating the rules. I run this board. Freedom of speech is freer on here than any other board I've been on, but there ARE still a few rules. Neither person was banned for their political opinions.

Both members felt they were above the rules. One chose to continually attempt to advertise his website on this board despite at least 4-5 warnings from me, and I don't know how many from the other mods.

The other apparently chose to not let an issue drop with a moderator. Anyone that doesn't like the rules here is free to leave. If they don't like the rules here and refuse to leave and think they are going to use this board as a sounding board for their BS accusations, they will be helped out the door.

that seems pretty clear.

this board is pretty loosely regulated if we use conventional wisdom and political incorrectness guides as a meter. i would like to see a little more moderating from the moderators in terms of keeping discussions on topic and removing warring parties to a separate thread to keep their personal attacks from destroying the continuity of the conversation.

Fuck that.

Hey, I just realized that someone has made 9,702 posts in my name that are all wrong! How the fuck did the moderators do that?!?!

Very carefully. But, with true diligence, tenacity and esprit de corps ..... :eusa_whistle:

Forum List

Back