Censorship?

My posts seem to have been tampered with of late. If those with the power to do so find my opinons offensive, simply post counterpoints. Or have the balls to ban me; but covert censorship is anti-everthing our nation was founded upon and everything the RW says they oppose.
I plan to watch much more carefully, and copy and past to word pad my remarks to determine if my hunch is correct, and have evidence if it is true. Mea culpa if I'm mistaken, fuck you if I'm not.

*yawn*

Try again, whiner. No one on this staff touches your posts and no one else can. Why should I want to try and alter you making yourself looking a Class A, partisan fool on your own?

What a rube.:rolleyes:
Did you take away the ability of the mods to change posts? I know it used to be possible.

I think it's possible...but they don't do it...unless you ask them to. I asked EZ to fix a post for me and she did. (Thank you, EZ!)

I think Wry Catcher is paranoid and likely posts while in a drug stupor...coming back later when lucid to say "WTF?". I had that happen to me regarding my study notes in grad school. The more I drank, the more words I left out, misspelled or misused.

*yawn*

Try again, whiner. No one on this staff touches your posts and no one else can. Why should I want to try and alter you making yourself looking a Class A, partisan fool on your own?

Did you take away the ability of the mods to change posts? I know it used to be possible.

I think it's possible...but they don't do it...unless you ask them to. I asked EZ to fix a post for me and she did. (Thank you, EZ!)

I think Wry Catcher is paranoid and likely posts while in a drug stupor...coming back later when lucid to say "WTF?". I had that happen to me regarding my study notes in grad school. The more I drank, the more words I left out, misspelled or misused.

Nah, it's a kool-aid stupor.

Nah, it's a kool-aid stupor.
That explains it. That stuff is worse than thorazine.

All internet boards, chat rooms, specially those NOT owned by large entities have total control over everything on their websites, if they find the need. Censoring in this liberal website, liberal meaning with the rules in general, I find that it would be unlikely.

As a moderator in a small chat room of maybe 30 people or so for the last 8 years, they all know the rules, everything is logged, whispers and general chat. As a rule, no one is ever censored, unless they become extremely abusive to another chatter bringing their families into a dispute yada yada and yada, then they are warned,then booted or banned if it continues.

I personally wouldn't have yelled 'censorship' without first doing all your homework first gathering information in hopes of proving it one way or another. I would guess there is NO censorship in USMB, only their rules and guidelines to adhere to.

The fact is, we censor ourselves, and discriminate by our choice of words. Everyone. Same goes with those that blind themselves to actual facts.

My posts seem to have been tampered with of late. If those with the power to do so find my opinons offensive, simply post counterpoints. Or have the balls to ban me; but covert censorship is anti-everthing our nation was founded upon and everything the RW says they oppose.
I plan to watch much more carefully, and copy and past to word pad my remarks to determine if my hunch is correct, and have evidence if it is true. Mea culpa if I'm mistaken, fuck you if I'm not.

*yawn*

Why would you? That's obvious, you're far right in your opinions, and a bully. Some (many) are cowed by bullies - by the fortune of birth I never was, nor needed to be.

Far right? Me? Just shows what a far left sheeple you are. I'm not even close to being right. I just haven't run off the scale to the left like you idiots have. I was a registered Democrat when you were a twinkle in a billygoat's eye.

All internet boards, chat rooms, specially those NOT owned by large entities have total control over everything on their websites, if they find the need. Censoring in this liberal website, liberal meaning with the rules in general, I find that it would be unlikely.

As a moderator in a small chat room of maybe 30 people or so for the last 8 years, they all know the rules, everything is logged, whispers and general chat. As a rule, no one is ever censored, unless they become extremely abusive to another chatter bringing their families into a dispute yada yada and yada, then they are warned,then booted or banned if it continues.

I personally wouldn't have yelled 'censorship' without first doing all your homework first gathering information in hopes of proving it one way or another. I would guess there is NO censorship in USMB, only their rules and guidelines to adhere to.

The fact is, we censor ourselves, and discriminate by our choice of words. Everyone. Same goes with those that blind themselves to actual facts.

as long as the subject is open, i noticed that two people, marc39 and seer travis have been banned recently which is as effective as censorship can get.

i was curious about why seer travis' thread about charlie manson for president was shut down just when it was starting to get interesting.

were there specific transgressions committed by those two? was some threshhold of reasonable behavior crossed?

as long as the subject is open, i noticed that two people, marc39 and seer travis have been banned recently which is as effective as censorship can get.

i was curious about why seer travis' thread about charlie manson for president was shut down just when it was starting to get interesting.

were there specific transgressions committed by those two? was some threshhold of reasonable behavior crossed?

The subject of banned members is not open. You get banned for violating the rules. I run this board. Freedom of speech is freer on here than any other board I've been on, but there ARE still a few rules. Neither person was banned for their political opinions.

Both members felt they were above the rules. One chose to continually attempt to advertise his website on this board despite at least 4-5 warnings from me, and I don't know how many from the other mods.

The other apparently chose to not let an issue drop with a moderator. Anyone that doesn't like the rules here is free to leave. If they don't like the rules here and refuse to leave and think they are going to use this board as a sounding board for their BS accusations, they will be helped out the door.

:lol: :cuckoo:

Last edited:

:lol: :cuckoo:

Seems like I know that UserID. Wonder how THAT works.:cool:

*yawn*

you say that ...likes its a bad thing

you say that ...likes its a bad thing

:lol:

Yeah. What is up with that.

I plan to watch much more carefully, and copy and past to word pad my remarks to determine if my hunch is correct
If you're willing to take that kind of time, why don't you first try SPELL CHECK and PROOFREAD your bile before posting, perchance to not display your moronic, towering, titanically obvious ILLITERACY for the whole world to see.

And take a Constitution 101 class, perchance to learn the first BASIC thing about free speech rights and what the Constitution actually says about it, simpleton sloth.

The subject of banned members is not open. You get banned for violating the rules. I run this board. Freedom of speech is freer on here than any other board I've been on, but there ARE still a few rules. Neither person was banned for their political opinions.

Both members felt they were above the rules. One chose to continually attempt to advertise his website on this board despite at least 4-5 warnings from me, and I don't know how many from the other mods.

The other apparently chose to not let an issue drop with a moderator. Anyone that doesn't like the rules here is free to leave. If they don't like the rules here and refuse to leave and think they are going to use this board as a sounding board for their BS accusations, they will be helped out the door.

that seems pretty clear.

this board is pretty loosely regulated if we use conventional wisdom and political incorrectness guides as a meter. i would like to see a little more moderating from the moderators in terms of keeping discussions on topic and removing warring parties to a separate thread to keep their personal attacks from destroying the continuity of the conversation.

OP, I think I know the solution to your problem. You haven't kissed the mods' asses enough. Seriously, I tribute them with lots of reps and thanks, and you don't see my first amendment posts getting censorized by their fascism.

that seems pretty clear.

this board is pretty loosely regulated if we use conventional wisdom and political incorrectness guides as a meter. i would like to see a little more moderating from the moderators in terms of keeping discussions on topic and removing warring parties to a separate thread to keep their personal attacks from destroying the continuity of the conversation.

Thus, the conundrum. You want more regulation. But only what YOU want regulated. Others think they are going to post whatever they please, no matter what and squeal Constitutional Rights the second anyone tells them "no".

I will also point out that it the lefties who are the vast majority of both groups. The former wants to be catered to via legislation and moderation (mods enforcing more rules), the latter think think they are above the law.

No one is forced to log on to this board. IF you choose to, the rules are what they are, and the moderation what it is. We average between 2-3K posts a day. Admin/Mods aren't on 24/7.

My belief is people should police themselves. Those that don't, ruin it for those that do.

How sad if this is true.

It proves just how badly failed someones ideas are if the only way they can refute what someone says is to actually change what was said.

This is why the right uses the straw man defense all day long.

Last edited:

How sad if this is true.

It proves just how badly failed someones ideas are if the only way they can refute what someone says is to actually change what was said.

This is why the right uses the straw man defense all day long.

*yawn*

How sad you are incapable of thought above "idiot" level. No one is tampering with his posts and I looked. I won't tolerate that from ANYONE on my staff unless it's to "X" out something that violates the rules.

As usual, you chime in without a clue.:cuckoo:

Forum List

Back