Censorship?

Wry Catcher

Diamond Member
Aug 3, 2009
San Francisco Bay Area
My posts seem to have been tampered with of late. If those with the power to do so find my opinons offensive, simply post counterpoints. Or have the balls to ban me; but covert censorship is anti-everthing our nation was founded upon and everything the RW says they oppose.
I plan to watch much more carefully, and copy and past to word pad my remarks to determine if my hunch is correct, and have evidence if it is true. Mea culpa if I'm mistaken, fuck you if I'm not.

My posts seem to have been tampered with of late. If those with the power to do so find my opinons offensive, simply post counterpoints. Or have the balls to ban me; but covert censorship is anti-everthing our nation was founded upon and everything the RW says they oppose.
I plan to watch much more carefully, and copy and past to word pad my remarks to determine if my hunch is correct, and have evidence if it is true. Mea culpa if I'm mistaken, fuck you if I'm not.

One has no protections on an internet board. You have no rights except those the board owner allows you to have. I have complained before about obvious abuses on this board by Admin and Moderator alike. And have roundly been told to damn bad.

It does no good to appeal to your fellow board members as they do not care unless it happens to be them being screwed with.

Having said that, I have NEVER seen any moderator or Admin change what a poster said. They will remove posts and ban for some pretty dumb stuff but I have never seen them alter content.

The powers that be at USMB can make this board into anything they wish. They own it, we do not, nuff said.

Capitalism Magazine - Comedy Central's Editing of the South Park Mohammed Episode is NOT Censorship
While in other contexts "censorship" can carry a broader meaning (as with the term "self-censorship"), in the political context censorship means the use of political force to ban or suppress expression. For example, if the government fines, arrests, imprisons, or harasses you for what you say or write, that is censorship.

The actions of private parties never constitute censorship. If a newspaper decides to fire a writer or pull a writer's article, the newspaper is NOT censoring that writer. If I write a blog post but then intentionally erase it, that is NOT censorship.

The above is all about the Comedy Central brew-ha-ha but it fits.

All that said, if "the powers that be" are farking with post for reasons other than what is stated in the rules, well, that's flat out uncool yo. :eusa_think:

There have been several posts that I have made that I have dearly wanted to have altered or abolished by some forgiving mod.

Be grateful that someone is watching your back.

You could always save each post as a Jpeg, put it on PhotoBucket and post the image.

But then, they could still fuck with it. Come to think of it....you're fucked!

*yawn*

Try again, whiner. No one on this staff touches your posts and no one else can. Why should I want to try and alter you making yourself looking a Class A, partisan fool on your own?

What a rube.:rolleyes:

*yawn*

Try again, whiner. No one on this staff touches your posts and no one else can. Why should I want to try and alter you making yourself looking a Class A, partisan fool on your own?

As we see, when he has exhausted real life issues about which to complain, he needs to invent some. Now his own mind is fucking with him. :lol:

Last edited:
All internet boards, chat rooms, specially those NOT owned by large entities have total control over everything on their websites, if they find the need. Censoring in this liberal website, liberal meaning with the rules in general, I find that it would be unlikely.

As a moderator in a small chat room of maybe 30 people or so for the last 8 years, they all know the rules, everything is logged, whispers and general chat. As a rule, no one is ever censored, unless they become extremely abusive to another chatter bringing their families into a dispute yada yada and yada, then they are warned,then booted or banned if it continues.

I personally wouldn't have yelled 'censorship' without first doing all your homework first gathering information in hopes of proving it one way or another. I would guess there is NO censorship in USMB, only their rules and guidelines to adhere to.

*yawn*

Why would you? That's obvious, you're far right in your opinions, and a bully. Some (many) are cowed by bullies - by the fortune of birth I never was, nor needed to be.

All internet boards, chat rooms, specially those NOT owned by large entities have total control over everything on their websites, if they find the need. Censoring in this liberal website, liberal meaning with the rules in general, I find that it would be unlikely.

As a moderator in a small chat room of maybe 30 people or so for the last 8 years, they all know the rules, everything is logged, whispers and general chat. As a rule, no one is ever censored, unless they become extremely abusive to another chatter bringing their families into a dispute yada yada and yada, then they are warned,then booted or banned if it continues.

I personally wouldn't have yelled 'censorship' without first doing all your homework first gathering information in hopes of proving it one way or another. I would guess there is NO censorship in USMB, only their rules and guidelines to adhere to.

I have no need to prove anything. I know what happened; this thread is posted to let others know and beware.

*yawn*

Why would you? That's obvious, you're far right in your opinions, and a bully. Some (many) are cowed by bullies - by the fortune of birth I never was, nor needed to be.
IF any of the staff were so inclined to alter anyone's posts, YOUR posts would be the last ones a right-leaning staff member would alter.

(Let's see if putting Gunny's point in different words sinks into Wry's brain cell.)

Censorship?

I tried to read your post, but all I could see was this:

china-censored-2.jpg

*yawn*

As we see, when he has exhausted real life issues about which to complain, he needs to invent some. Now his own mind is fucking with him. :lol:

He should be grateful. No one else will.

So, children, what have we learned on this thread?

That Wry whines a lot but he's very brave and does not fear Gunny.

That's helpful.

*yawn*

Did you take away the ability of the mods to change posts? I know it used to be possible.

Forum List

Back