Cement implicated as possible cause for rig explosion

Vast LWC

<-Mohammed
Aug 4, 2009
New York
From the Wall Street Journal:

Experts To Cite Cement, Human Error At Senate Hearing On Gulf Oil Spill - WSJ.com

...Bud Danenberger, the former chief of the offshore regulatory program at the Interior Department's Minerals Management Service, will tell the panel that from 1992 through 2006, 18 of 39 blowouts--in which gas rushes up through the pipelines--involved cementing operations. Without offering any conclusions about the cause of the Deepwater Horizon explosion, he will say that an industry standard should be developed to address cementing problems, how they occur and what action should be taken when they do occur.

Danenberger will also testify that there is "no evidence" that requiring oil rigs to use acoustic backup systems "would have made a difference in this incident." He said that workers had already tried to activate underseas equipment to shut off the well, called a blowout preventer, before the oil rig was evacuated, and "it is unlikely that additional signals sent acoustically to the stack would have prevented a blowout."

Beck will say that cement is one of the key ways to guard against a blowout, but "perhaps the most difficult barrier to install and control."

Halliburton was in charge of the cement operation at the rig.

Obama had it blown up so he could gain support for his climate bill, aka cap and takeover energy(also known as cap and trade).

He got a 2 for 1 because now he doesn't have to live up to his recent offshore drilling cave-in.

You took me serious? No wonder people think progressives are dumb and dangerous
:lol:

Experts To Cite Cement, Human Error At Senate Hearing On Gulf Oil Spill - WSJ.com

...Bud Danenberger, the former chief of the offshore regulatory program at the Interior Department's Minerals Management Service, will tell the panel that from 1992 through 2006, 18 of 39 blowouts--in which gas rushes up through the pipelines--involved cementing operations. Without offering any conclusions about the cause of the Deepwater Horizon explosion, he will say that an industry standard should be developed to address cementing problems, how they occur and what action should be taken when they do occur.

Danenberger will also testify that there is "no evidence" that requiring oil rigs to use acoustic backup systems "would have made a difference in this incident." He said that workers had already tried to activate underseas equipment to shut off the well, called a blowout preventer, before the oil rig was evacuated, and "it is unlikely that additional signals sent acoustically to the stack would have prevented a blowout."

Beck will say that cement is one of the key ways to guard against a blowout, but "perhaps the most difficult barrier to install and control."

The Same Halliburton to which Obama recently awarded a No Bid Contract?!?!?!?!!?!!!

FORSOOTH and FO SHIZZLE!

The Same Halliburton to which Obama recently awarded a No Bid Contract?!?!?!?!!?!!!

FORSOOTH and FO SHIZZLE!

Oh snapdangles....keep that truth :eusa_shhh:

• Banned
Obama had it blown up so he could gain support for his climate bill, aka cap and takeover energy(also known as cap and trade).

He got a 2 for 1 because now he doesn't have to live up to his recent offshore drilling cave-in.

You took me serious? No wonder people think progressives are dumb and dangerous
:lol:

ROFL. Nice one. :clap2:

• Banned

FORSOOTH and FO SHIZZLE!

I'm sorry, did I mention anything about politics in that post? I don't think I did.

Though saying Halliburton is somehow an Obama-linked organization is the height of hypocrisy.

LOL.

Bub - you dragged Halliburton into the discussion. Deal with it.

FORSOOTH and FO SHIZZLE!

I'm sorry, did I mention anything about politics in that post? I don't think I did.

Though saying Halliburton is somehow an Obama-linked organization is the height of hypocrisy.

LOL.

You didn't, but we both know it's coming. Like it or not.

Is there something in the board regs which specifies that posters may only post what the OP wants them to post?

Bub - you dragged Halliburton into the discussion. Deal with it.

That would be because Halliburton was the company that did the cement.
Now, what was I "dealing with" again?

The context of Halliburton. Just recently Obama awarded them a No Bid - which given the import of the current situation, is Fair Game.

Is there something in the board regs which specifies that posters may only post what the OP wants them to post?

You can post whatever you want.

I was just pointing out that I had not made any political implications with the OP. I was trying keep it neutral.

Happy happy joy joy , now we all hate haliburtom for their no bid contracts.

Do you now hate them for killing troops in Iraq Boody or just because you can now tie them to Obama?

Though, maybe if I did assign blame to some political entity there would be more responses, lol.

I guess that's why CNN is foundering relative to MSNBC and FoxNews.

Forum List

Back