Cell Phone Privacy, concerning intrusive (restricted #) from incoming calls)?

beagle9

Diamond Member
Nov 28, 2011
Why is this possible, where as you get a phone call on your cell phone, but when you look at who it is that is calling you, it only shows the number as (restricted)?? WHY IS THIS (or) how is this possible ? When this happens, it also overrides the voice mail from kicking in, I guess in hopes that a person will finally answer the anoying ringing finally.

This is a total invasion of privacy issue, but why is it allowed to just go on and on in this nation? Someone needs to do something about this, by banning together in order to bring about change, and to bring a powerful message to the government, along with the phone carrier, and the person calling, and this once they are found out as to who, what and where they are finally. :cuckoo:

Anyone esle ever get these kind of anoying calls ?? The way I see it, I am paying for my service on the phone, and my carrier should be protecting my privacy, and this by not allowing any type of calls to come in on my cell phone like this... Right??

Easy.
Go to your "missed calls"...click option...and choose "no ring".
They can call you as much as they want but your cell will not ring.

Most cell phones have the option to hide your number when you make a call
Some companies even allow you to spoof another number,
Also in "call settings" there is a choice called "blacklist" put in the number from which you dont want a call from, if that number calls they will get the busy tone and you wont even know they called :eusa_hand:

Easy.
Go to your "missed calls"...click option...and choose "no ring".
They can call you as much as they want but your cell will not ring.
No ring ? Will that stop just the calls that have this (((restricted number))) showing, and allow all my other phone numbers to come in as is suppose to ? Let me know, and thanks..

Most cell phones have the option to hide your number when you make a call
Some companies even allow you to spoof another number,
Also in "call settings" there is a choice called "blacklist" put in the number from which you dont want a call from, if that number calls they will get the busy tone and you wont even know they called :eusa_hand:
Will these options work on this (((restricted number))) when it is showing as a call ?

I still donot understand why any type of call is allowed to actually come through on a cell phone, in which cannot be redialed back to the caller or have the persons identity be detected upon who is calling in acceptance of, because to me this is absolutely unexceptable to have calls come in like this on a private cell phone line without permission of by the customer of that line.. What manor of corruption could this be, and how is it that the phone carrier doesn't have some sort of way of knowing this problem, and then not allowing such a call to enter the phone of their client/customer period by way of technology, and especially if that call is untraceable by the person being called, where as it is especially rude in an intrusive privacy violating illegal manor when this happens ??????????

I don't restrict any calls. My cell number looks like a business number and I get occasional wrong number calls, sometimes it's fun to "play" with the caller, depending on whether they're polite or rude. :lol:

Police departments and hospitals often (if not always) show up as "restriced".

I always pick up, because I can always hang up.
Why would they show up as "restricted" ???

I don't restrict any calls. My cell number looks like a business number and I get occasional wrong number calls, sometimes it's fun to "play" with the caller, depending on whether they're polite or rude. :lol:
I understand you answer wrong number calls that come in to you, and you even have a bit of fun with them also, otherwise if the person is of good humor and such or rude, but what I am referring to is this, otherwise when a call comes in, and you look to see who is calling, it just says "restricted", and then it will ring and ring and ring (by passing your voice mail somehow), but if you answer, no one is there, and if you try and ring it back, the "restricted" that is showing, won't allow you to do that.. It is a violation of privacy when this happens, and an aggravation to deal with on top of that... It just shouldn't be like this (IMHO).

I understand you answer wrong number calls that come in to you, and you even have a bit of fun with them also, otherwise if the person is of good humor and such or rude, but what I am referring to is this, otherwise when a call comes in, and you look to see who is calling, it just says "restricted", and then it will ring and ring and ring (by passing your voice mail somehow), but if you answer, no one is there, and if you try and ring it back, the "restricted" that is showing, won't allow you to do that.. It is a violation of privacy when this happens, and an aggravation to deal with on top of that... It just shouldn't be like this (IMHO).

Are you using some cut rate Russian cell phone service?? :eusa_eh:
I don't have that problem.

Are you using some cut rate Russian cell phone service?? :eusa_eh:
I don't have that problem.
No, it's actually Verizon that I have.... Funny though, because I havn't had this problem since I wrote about this issue...Hmmmmmm!

Forum List

Back