Cell phone battery lasts a week

If I could just get one of those for my gaming laptop.
Such technology will have broad applications including many traditional plug in items like kitchen and household items like irons, hair curlers, tools (lighter and faster recharge than now). Telsa is sure to be interested even if only to power everything in the car except the motor.

"'For small electronic devices, our materials are surpassing the conventional ones worldwide in terms of energy density, power density and cyclic stability,' Choudhary said.

Cyclic stability defines how many times it can be charged, drained and recharged before beginning to degrade.

For example, a lithium-ion battery can be recharged fewer than 1,500 times without significant failure.
"

Such technology will have broad applications including many traditional plug in items like kitchen and household items like irons, hair curlers, tools (lighter and faster recharge than now). Telsa is sure to be interested even if only to power everything in the car except the motor.

"'For small electronic devices, our materials are surpassing the conventional ones worldwide in terms of energy density, power density and cyclic stability,' Choudhary said.

Cyclic stability defines how many times it can be charged, drained and recharged before beginning to degrade.

For example, a lithium-ion battery can be recharged fewer than 1,500 times without significant failure.
"
You just know these things are gonna be super expensive. They'd have to be, or no one would make a profit. They last too damn long. Why do you think no one sells those light bulbs that last 50 years?

You just know these things are gonna be super expensive. They'd have to be, or no one would make a profit. They last too damn long. Why do you think no one sells those light bulbs that last 50 years?
New tech is always expensive. When the first Betamax came out, they were $2295, about $12K in today's dollars. Later they were down to $50. The first plasma TVs were $15K in 1992, now about $2K.

I suspect the new battery manufacturers won't be making their money selling batteries to the public, but by mass production to other manufacturers of everything from flashlights to cars. The limiting factor to a lot of our technology is the battery. Usually due to the weight and/or the capacity. Such new tech of fast recharge and long duration would solve a lot of those problems.

Total Rewind
These machines were hugely expensive; the 6300 cost $2295, which must be the equivalent of something like $12,000 (£6000) today; the 7200 cost around $1300. A Betamax tape cost about $15 - perhaps £45 in today's money.

Samsung hammers final nail into plasma TV’s coffin, will end panel production in November 2014
Though Fujitsu gets credit for producing the first full-color plasma display panel in 1992, it was Philips in 1997 that produced the first plasma television to be sold to consumers – the display was 42-inches diagonally and begged a premium price of $15,000. Pioneer quickly followed with its own plasma television line later that year, and thus the “flat-screen” TV craze was born.

"
Competition will solve that problem. The first flat screen plasma's cost over $10,000. Now they cost $400 for the same size.

To bad they don't make battery charger cords to last more than a month.
I hate it you always have to wiggle the old ones around.
What sucks is the price of a charger is like 76 cents when bought in bulk from China, yet cost you 8-20 bucks in a store in the USA....
Be careful though, those chargers that you can buy in bulk, they are made much shottier than the ones you can buy directly from apple....

To bad they don't make battery charger cords to last more than a month.
I hate it you always have to wiggle the old ones around.
What sucks is the price of a charger is like 76 cents when bought in bulk from China, yet cost you 8-20 bucks in a store in the USA....
Be careful though, those chargers that you can buy in bulk, they are made much shottier than the ones you can buy directly from apple....
I depends on the square wave rectification providing the trickle charge, which can easily be checked with a digital multi-meter..

Forum List

Back