Celebs you can't stand....

None of those are celebrities. They are actors, actresses, and comics.

Celebrities bring nothing to the table. Paris Hilton, the Kardashians, etc. They're just famous for no good reason.

You're wrong!

By definition a "celebrity" is a famous or well known person, so that list of people that I named off are celebrities.

When it comes to Paris Hilton, she can't act worth a damn, and the Kardashians = Major Stupidity.

What defines a celebrity in today's society? Is it the person who gains the most fame from an "accidental" sex tape release? Is it the Kevin Federline who is famous because of his association with another "celebrity"? Or could it be best defined as the most achieved individual or excuse me, actor, on a supposed reality show?

Welcome to the twenty-first century where the days of celebrity status are assessed by breast size, amount of marriages/divorces, and the number of tabloid covers appeared on. Long gone are the legitimate celebrities. The best of luck to you if you're trying to find a famous Shirley Temple, Judy Garland, or Lucille Ball in today's world, as it is a much-desired rarity. What has society morphed minds into? Has the media really lost control of what is deemed as newsworthy? What about global warming? The Bird Flu? When did these lose priority to Lindsay Lohan's alcohol addiction and Pamela Anderson's latest divorce?

The human mind is fascinated by the latest gossip of stars that have absolutely zero impact on the lives of those who hear of them. The media plays a major role in this. The "baby mamma drama" is splashed all over talk shows. Immediately after hearing about Britney and K-Fed's splitting, Nicole Richie's weight takes center stage.

What Defines a Celebrity? - Yahoo Voices - voices.yahoo.com

Celebrity has come to mean those who are famous for no apparent reason whatsoever. Back in the day, the only celebrities we had WERE actors, actresses, singers, etc.

That was before reality TV.

Not to anyone I know it hasn't. ;)

You're wrong!

By definition a "celebrity" is a famous or well known person, so that list of people that I named off are celebrities.

When it comes to Paris Hilton, she can't act worth a damn, and the Kardashians = Major Stupidity.

What defines a celebrity in today's society? Is it the person who gains the most fame from an "accidental" sex tape release? Is it the Kevin Federline who is famous because of his association with another "celebrity"? Or could it be best defined as the most achieved individual or excuse me, actor, on a supposed reality show?

Welcome to the twenty-first century where the days of celebrity status are assessed by breast size, amount of marriages/divorces, and the number of tabloid covers appeared on. Long gone are the legitimate celebrities. The best of luck to you if you're trying to find a famous Shirley Temple, Judy Garland, or Lucille Ball in today's world, as it is a much-desired rarity. What has society morphed minds into? Has the media really lost control of what is deemed as newsworthy? What about global warming? The Bird Flu? When did these lose priority to Lindsay Lohan's alcohol addiction and Pamela Anderson's latest divorce?

The human mind is fascinated by the latest gossip of stars that have absolutely zero impact on the lives of those who hear of them. The media plays a major role in this. The "baby mamma drama" is splashed all over talk shows. Immediately after hearing about Britney and K-Fed's splitting, Nicole Richie's weight takes center stage.

What Defines a Celebrity? - Yahoo Voices - voices.yahoo.com

Celebrity has come to mean those who are famous for no apparent reason whatsoever. Back in the day, the only celebrities we had WERE actors, actresses, singers, etc.

That was before reality TV.

Not to anyone I know it hasn't. ;)

And.

I once almost broke my arm lunging for the TV controller when a Richard Simmons "Deal-A-Meal" commercial came on.

And Cher's infomercials were enough to drive a man to drink.

Movie/tv celebs, Zona. Not POLITICAL. Thanks in advance. :)

Let's please not make THIS thread political, ok?

Ah, then..

5127630439_Old_Celebrities_Clint_Eastwood_634x694_answer_3_xlarge.png

Oy. He didn't age very well, did he? lol

I disagree...

Clint's still alive... in his 80's and kickin' ass with whatever he does...

Ah, then..

5127630439_Old_Celebrities_Clint_Eastwood_634x694_answer_3_xlarge.png

Oy. He didn't age very well, did he? lol

I disagree...

Clint's still alive... in his 80's and kickin' ass with whatever he does...

Still working too. He's rich, so he's still working. If he was poor, he would have retired at age 45.

For me, it's anything Kardashian, Brittany Spears, Lady Gaga, Miley Cyrus, Alec Baldwin, and everyone on MSNBC.

I still can't come up with a list. I don't seek out Julia Roberts movies for instance as I have no particular appreciation for her, but when I stumble across one that she stars in, I invariably enjoy her character. Who would have been better in her roles in "Steel Magnolias" or "My Best Friend's Wedding?"

I almost didn't buy a movie "Shall We Dance" starring Richard Gere, Jennifer Lopez, and Susan Sarandan, none of whom I seek out as I don't like any of them all that much. But in that movie, each was absolutely perfect for his or her role. Really good movie if you like that kind of movie.

Musicians and entertainment celebrities are successful not because they are great people, but because they have great talent and we are entertained, inspired, moved, etc. by that talent.

Now the ones that seem to be no talent but are still rich and famous. . . .well I'll leave that to others of you to figure out.

Last edited:
I still can't come up with a list. I don't seek out Julia Roberts movies for instance as I have no particular appreciation for her, but when I stumble across one that she stars in, I invariably enjoy her character. Who would have been better in her roles in "Steel Magnolias" or "My Best Friend's Wedding?"

I almost didn't buy a movie "Shall We Dance" starring Richard Gere, Jennifer Lopez, and Susan Sarandan, none of whom I seek out as I don't like any of them all that much. But in that movie, each was absolutely perfect for his or her role. Really good movie if you like that kind of movie.

Musicians and entertainment celebrities are successful not because they are great people, but because they have great talent and we are entertained, inspired, moved, etc. by that talent.

Now the ones that seem to be no talent but are still rich and famous. . . .well I'll leave that to others of you to figure out.

Tori Spelling. Rich but can't act to save her life.

Jim Carey
Angelina Jolie
Brat Pit
Tom Cruise
Mel Gibson
Clint Eastwood
Robin Williams
Chuck Norris
Adam Sandler
Michael Moore
Jerry Lewis
Charlton Heston
Jennifer Lopez
Gwyneth Paltrow

It's not a matter of personally liking or disliking; most of them I know nothing about them personally. But I just can't stand to watch them in anything. IMO actors are celebrities. Possibly it is those actors who fan the flames of their celebrity who are the most obnoxious.

Charlie Sheen

I hated that show when it first came on and still can't stand to watch it. Stupidest thing ever.

Angelina Jolie has her hits and misses
But Gracie, Jim Carrey? He is the man!(besides his flip-flop, weird politics)

Jim Carrey strikes me as someone who is utterly mad. As in crazy. And about to go over the edge any time. He has an unsettling gleam in his eye.

Not funny. Crazy, and not in a good way.

Last edited:
Angelina Jolie has her hits and misses
But Gracie, Jim Carrey? He is the man!(besides his flip-flop, weird politics)

Jim Carrey strikes me as someone who is utterly mad. As in crazy. And about to go over the edge any time. He has an unsettling gleam in his eye.

Not funny. Crazy, and not in a good way.

OMG I love your avvie!!!

Forum List

Back