Celebrity house hunters

whitehall

Diamond Member
Dec 28, 2010
Western Va.
What were they thinking? At a time when there are more foreclosures than ever before and unemployment is around 14% in real numbers the Bio channel decides to treat us with a program about snotty celebrities shopping for luxury estates and spending millions on homes that most of us couldn't even get near much less dream about. There must be a disconnect somewhere or a gene missing in the pop-culture DNA when the OWS rabble camps outside the relatively modest homes of corporate CEO's while watching Hollywood flaunt it's degenerate wealth on looted TV sets..

I enjoy House Hunters and Property Virgins but yeah ... this Celebrity House Hunters has gone to far. Keeping in mind this is the United States of Entertainment, I'm sure there are plenty of people tuning in. Not me though. I despise celebrities with the exception of one or two and even then I don't give a hoot about the property they are buying or selling.

With that said, I also love to watch Selling New York. Why? Because I am utterly amazed at how much $$$ people are willing to spend on a tiny apartment.

What were they thinking? At a time when there are more foreclosures than ever before and unemployment is around 14% in real numbers the Bio channel decides to treat us with a program about snotty celebrities shopping for luxury estates and spending millions on homes that most of us couldn't even get near much less dream about. There must be a disconnect somewhere or a gene missing in the pop-culture DNA when the OWS rabble camps outside the relatively modest homes of corporate CEO's while watching Hollywood flaunt it's degenerate wealth on looted TV sets..

They were probably thinking that they'd get a lot of viewers, and make a shitload of money on ad sales.

They were probably right.

This has been a fascination of Americans forever. "Lifestyles of the Rich and Famous", "MTV Cribs", etc. This is nothing new.

Forum List

Back