Celebrities/Mystic: The Dead Pool

Abishai100

VIP Member
Sep 22, 2013
Does America's 'celebrity-culture' inspire you to make nice folk-tales (or crude jokes)?

This final yarn of mine was inspired by The Purple Rose of Cairo.

:11_2_1043:

====

"Americans were fascinated by media and movies, and celebrities were new age diplomats. Would these celebrities serve as inspiring role models?"

aflac1.jpg

"A married couple working in Hollywood (Dennis Quaid and Meg Ryan) were passionate about their cinematic arts and performances in culturally-iconic films such as Innerspace, but they wanted to reach out and help people in the real world, so they took under their 'wing' an Internet-blogging mystic named Ajay who claimed to be searching for some 'higher truth' in the mosaic of American traffic and commerce. Ajay was to Dennis and Meg what Oliver Twist was to Fagin and Artful Dodger --- a 'bright young light'."

doa1.jpg

"Ajay unfortunately was extremely eccentric. He dressed up in vigilantism-costumes and poses to blog about the value of justice in a world where superstition about crime had been replaced by the 'chic' of piracy and the underworld. Was Ajay right? Was this a time of great urban cynicism? Ajay was a big fan of Batman (DC Comics) and G.I. Joe (Hasbro/Marvel)."

dg3.jpg

"Ajay believed he was searching for a fabled muse of humanity...a fairy of civilization perhaps. Ajay purchased water-guns every summer to protest in the streets about eco-pollution. He became an online pen-pal to Dennis Quaid and Meg Ryan who decided Ajay was their perfect 'Oliver Twist.' Dennis and Meg urged Ajay not to worry so much about Utopian civilization and find inner-peace and happiness with the homely comforts of Netflix and films like Coming to America and Sleepless in Seattle."

hj8.jpg

"Ajay began trusting Dennis and Meg as his 'media foster-parents' since he was so immersed in media himself. He revealed to them that he was completely enchanted by the fictional sea-nymph Mara, a democracy-idealist from G.I. Joe: A Real American Hero comics/cartoons. Mara was everything to Ajay what the Statue of Liberty was not --- fairy-like, serene, and unusual. Dennis and Meg realized Mara was Ajay's 'Aphrodite'."

doa2.jpg

"Ajay agreed to go to a talk-show interview with Dennis and Meg who explained to the host that Ajay was their 'media-idealist adopted son' who had fantastic ideas about a fictional democracy-muse from G.I. Joe comics which motivated them to encourage Ajay's media-oriented democracy-oriented imagination. The talk-show host suggested that Ajay was Dennis and Meg's 'special philosopher' and Ajay mentioned that Hollywood and entertainment/cartoons were not just about money and popcorn."

dollar1.jpg

"Americans liked films about incredible capers and dastardly musketeers and fantastic adventures or even values-oriented comedy. Dennis and Meg appreciated how Ajay was entreating his 'Aphrodite-daydreams' with his Mara comics/cartoons, and Ajay appreciated how two celebrities seemed genuinely interested in the lives of everyday people..."

hj10.jpg

"An evil Red Dragon was released from Hell by Satan who despised all this sudden 'media optimism' and the Red Dragon defied Dennis and Meg's endearing 'adoption' of Ajay's pro-media daydreams. Red Dragon insisted that Ajay might as easily become a terrorist or criminal rather than a populism-oriented poet/philosopher. Was Red Dragon correct?"

doa4.jpg

"Ajay was from Malaysia and exposed Dennis and Meg to some offbeat Eastern religion/philosophy imagery, and Dennis noted some similarities between this folklore and Star Wars folklore. Dennis suggested that human values seemed to have constants, no matter where you came from."

doa5.jpg

GOD: Do you think Dennis and Meg actually care about Ajay?
SATAN: Maybe they do; it does seem Ajay genuinely cares about 'Mara.'
GOD: Mara is Ajay's 'Aphrodite.'
SATAN: The question is, is Ajay more like Thoreau or more like the Unabomber?
GOD: That's interesting...let's hope Ajay sticks to Dennis and Quaid's guidance.
SATAN: Well, Dennis and Meg have much to offer regarding media lifestyle.
GOD: Right, they might be able to direct Ajay to the right kinds of movies/comics.
SATAN: Precisely; but what if they abandon Ajay and return to their celebrity worlds?
GOD: Well, I'm sure Ajay realizes that's a possibility, which is why 'Mara' protects him.
SATAN: Maybe Aphrodite/Mara is simply a 'privacy' defense-mechanism for the mind.
GOD: I doubt Ajay wants to 'publish' his innocent daydream about Mara.
SATAN: He didn't mind telling Dennis and Meg.
GOD: Dennis and Meg were interested in Ajay's real interest in movies/comics.
SATAN: Did you know they adapted G.I. Joe (Hasbro/Marvel) into two movies?
GOD: Yes, one starred...Dennis Quaid!
SATAN: Celebrities counselling a mystic...sounds like a fable...or a crude joke.
GOD: Why? There's nothing wrong with a little 'media magic.'
SATAN: Americans are simply jaded by 9/11, media-scandals, and capitalism corruption.
GOD: Let's go watch A Beautiful Mind (Russell Crowe) on Netflix!

====

:1peleas:

Forum List

Back