Celebrating Shame

To Picaro: Your reply is basically fact with a few instances of misdirection:
The Viet Nam police action
“. . . police Action . . .” implies United Nations approval à la the Korean War. The UN did not approve of stopping Communism in Vietnam or Korea:

Wrong. I never brought up the UN, I brought up SEATO.Different Treaty organization. The stuff following is irrelevant to what I said, so I won't bother parsing it.

Southeast Asia Treaty Organization (SEATO), 1954 - 1953–1960 - Milestones - Office of the Historian

Incidentally, our loyal allies, the British, did not fight with us in Vietnam.

Didn't need to; at least three Commonwealth countries contributed to the police action, two with military troops.

Countries that sent troops and/or aid to fight in Viet Nam:

Allies of the Republic of Vietnam

America Wasn’t the Only Foreign Power in the Vietnam War

It's oh so fashionable to claim the VN war was a 'defeat', but it was a major blow against the Soviets, not us.

It was a defeat for us. Put it in perspective this way: The Soviet Union’s war in Afghanistan was, and still is, referred to as their Vietnam.

It's spun that way for domestic partisan political reasons, and as I said before the mindset for Americans was still influenced by WW I and WW II era notions of 'victory', not objective analysis. Johnson's escalation policies ended with the Viet Cong being crushed into insignificance as a force in 1968, but the Tet offensive is ridiculously spun as a 'defeat', which of course is just clueless.

Wrong. I never brought up the UN, I brought up SEATO.
To Picaro: I responded the way I did because I was curious as to why you insist on saying “police action.” Say that to most Americans and they immediately think of the United Nations and the Korean War.
Didn't need to; at least three Commonwealth countries contributed to the police action, two with military troops.
To Picaro: That is not the British.
It's spun that way for domestic partisan political reasons, and as I said before the mindset for Americans was still influenced by WW I and WW II era notions of 'victory', not objective analysis.
To Picaro: That is another way of saying Peace Without Victory.

Incidentally: this excerpt comes from my most recent attempt to get an answer:

I’ve been asking the Vietnam War question on message boards for years. I am still waiting for somebody in the media to put the question to the Vietnam War traitors.

Do you oppose the Korean War in hindsight?

If they answer “Yes” they admit that fighting against Communism is what they oppose.

If they answer “No.” ask them why not since both wars were fought for the same reason?

Going Down Memory Lane With Two Old Commies
Johnson's escalation policies ended with the Viet Cong being crushed into insignificance as a force in 1968, but the Tet offensive is ridiculously spun as a 'defeat', which of course is just clueless.
To Picaro: You are fighting the problem. The US military never lost a battle in Vietnam, while the US lost the Battle of Vietnam.

CLARIFICATION:

Technically the Korean War and the Vietnam War, when looked at from an American perspective, are two battles that were fought during the Cold War. It’s too late to change the history books now, but it would be more accurate to list them as the Battle of Korea and the Battle of Vietnam. (Posted on my first message board in 2000)

To Picaro: Your reply is basically fact with a few instances of misdirection:
The Viet Nam police action
“. . . police Action . . .” implies United Nations approval à la the Korean War. The UN did not approve of stopping Communism in Vietnam or Korea:

Truman jumped on the Soviet Union’s failure to attend a Security Council meeting; so he took the opportunity to stop Communist expansion by manipulating the UN; hence, a UN Police Action rather than a declared war. Had the Soviets attended the one and only Security Council meeting they ever missed, they would have vetoed Truman’s military opposition to North Korea’s aggression.

Incidentally, President Truman was right in stopping Communism, but he was wrong in getting the UN’s approval.
Selective Memories

In short: Americans got no support from the United Nations in Vietnam.

It's oh so fashionable to claim the VN war was a 'defeat', but it was a major blow against the Soviets, not us.
It was a defeat for us. Put it in perspective this way: The Soviet Union’s war in Afghanistan was, and still is, referred to as their Vietnam.

Yeah; but WE did!!!

Greg

Do any of the lefty posters want to explain how Nth Vietnam became communist??

Greg

Do any of the lefty posters want to explain how Nth Vietnam became communist??
To gotopa1: Not with fact when their spiritual leader, Taqiyya the Liar, tells the biggest lie of all:

Judi McLeod over at Canada Free Press wrote:​

Move over Jane Fonda, President Barack Obama has all but toppled you from that iconic anti-aircraft gun perch as America’s top Communist Viet Nam booster.

Talking to reporters as he stood beside Vietnamese President Truong Tan Sang yesterday, Obama told his biggest whopper to date:...”we discussed the fact that Ho Chi Minh was actually inspired by the U.S. Declaration of Independence and Constitution, and the words of Thomas Jefferson.” (Fox News, July 25, 2013)

Facts, Barack Obama style, are more like something made up as Obama goes along surrounded by a mainstream media who let him away with it.

Truth is Ho Chi Minh was about as inspired by the U.S. Declaration of Independence and Constitution, and the words of Thomas Jefferson as Obama is.

Obama claims Ho Chi Minh was fan of Founding Fathers
By Judi McLeod
Friday, July 26, 2013

http://canadafreepress.com/index.php/article/56817

One thing hit me about Barack Taqiyya’s latest lie. The media promoted the same lie rank & file Communists were telling when the Vietnam War was raging. To understand why Barack Taqiyya dredged up an old lie is not that difficult. The US military fighting against Communism has always been a major thorn in the Left’s side. They will never rest easy until they are certain it never happens again. Placing the US military under United Nations command is the guarantee they have been seeking since 1945.

Retelling an old lie also gives traitor John Kerry some cover. After all, how could Kerry betray the country when he was on the side of the Declaration of Independence, the Constitution, and Thomas Jefferson.

Also, most Americans under forty years of age probably never heard the lie; so a retelling was an important objective to the liar —— get as many young Americans to quote the lie as is possible. If as many people swallow the lie this time as they did the first time the backlash is worth it to the America-haters.

Retelling An Old Lie

Ho was trained in Moscow. Not exactly Boston!! Also France was a US Ally way back then.

Greg

Most millinniums probably base their knowledge of Vietnam on the Rambo movies and blame Nixon but it was LBJ who sent Troops to Vietnam on a faked crisis and set the rules so that we could win every battle and still lose the war. Democrats are still doing it.

it was LBJ who sent Troops to Vietnam on a faked crisis
To whitehall: Not so:

Gene and I sailed together on two ships. The first one was in late 1961 or early 1962. That ship, a break/bulk freighter, was on a scheduled run that seamen called the jungle run because it went to some gawd-awful ports in the Orient. Saigon was one of the better ports of call.

After the ship docked in Saigon, Gene and I went ashore for a few hours. Everything was normal. The next morning we decided to go uptown just to get off the ship. As soon as we got there it looked like we were walking around a US Army post. American Soldiers were everywhere. We soon found out that a troop ship had arrive the night before. If I remember correctly, we learned that 3,000 troops came in on that ship.

XXXXX

Now let’s move to November 1, 1963. As fate would have it Gene and I found ourselves on a ship docking in Saigon. Only this time all hell broke loose:​

One Opinion On The JFK Assassination

Note that one traitor who was a mouthpiece for the enemy is now secretary of state. Another is a former president who may return to the White House with his wife.
The question to ask on this Memorial Day is this:

How many American deaths in Vietnam is John Kerry responsible for?

Vietnamese Communist Leader Says US Anti-War Activists Helped Their Victory
Richard Pollock
4:54 PM 05/29/2016

Vietnamese Communist Leader Says US Anti-War Activists Helped Their Victory

It was a dumb war that never should have happened, but apparently nothing was learned from allowing the elites to take us into war, based on lies.

Of course, this does not mean Hanoi Jane and John Fing Kerry are not traitors.

Our troops won the war and we left, after forcing the North to sign a peace treaty. Of course, they had no intention of honoring the peace treaty. They invaded and won...and the Ds in Congress reneged on the agreement to assist the South, should hostilities begin again. Old sad story....

Had deep dark forces not murdered JFK, that war might not ever have happened.
9781629144894_p0_v2_s192x300.jpg

The Nation of Vietnam was attacked by communists and in a typical Stalinist takeover the North fell. Predictably, there was a mass slaughter of the intelligentsia; anyone who might not conform to the Stalinist state. yep; those teachers and doctors were indeed tools of the Oppressors!!

And then the Nth attacked the South. The USA fought on the side of Freedom until some asshole Democrat Congressmen capitulated and the words "USA" became a term of mocking cowardice. The USA not only failed millions of its allies but unleashed a wave of weakness that exists every time a Democrat becomes President. Iran, Rwanda, and now Syria. Forgive me for thinking Democrats are debased cowards.

Greg
Exactly. We saw how deep the communists had penetrated our country. The highest levels of government. Undermining all of our efforts and the propaganda pushed (after the death of kennedy) by the dedicated commie media and commie Hollywood.

Ever see the plan by the KGB when they planted a letter making it look like kennedy was assassinated by the CIA? Oh yeah....look it up. Worked great didn't it?

The last thing the commies in this country could afford was a commie like Lee Harvey Oswald assassinating the president. To this day that effort split this country and it has never been the same.

The left needed and need it to have been done by a good ole boy right winger. God forbid a left wing committed communist.

Well it worked. Didn't it?

Forum List

Back