Celebrating Memorial Day with MSNBC

It's not a good idea to start out a statement with "I don't know".

I think if you've watched this guy a few times you'd understand his motivations.

Regardless the question remains: does calling those that die in battle encourage anyone to die in battle? Or worse, does it encourage anyone to create wars for the purpose of allowing people to die a "glorious" death?

Historically, I think there is evidence that this might have been the case (see almost every British-lead battle during WW I).

Best way to prevent war is be in one and see it first-hand.

Again: Not the issue.

Given that many have not been in combat, and never will, (not to mention the complete impracticality of your point) does calling those who die in combat "Heros" do more to encourage or discourage war?

The fact is IT ENCOURAGES WAR.

Next question is: Is War entirely bad?

Answer: No. Fuck Chris Hayes with a 12 inch dildo if he believes there is nothing good about the outcome of war.

'Tis the nature of the beast....

I try to never miss his show, but I never forget that, attractive and articulate, Hayes is an inveterate Liberal.
You spelled "invertebrate" wrong, sugar. He's a spineless weasel.
They will come up with all sorts of camouflage so as to hide their disdain for the military...

Nor will you catch 'em reciting this:

Then out spoke brave Horatius, the Captain of the Gate:
‘To every man upon this earth Death cometh soon or late.
And how can man die better than facing fearful odds,
For the ashes of his fathers, and the temples of his Gods,
Horatius at the Bridge by Lord Macaulay
Leftists can't conceive any power greater than themselves, so they can't understand that anyone might serve and sacrifice for that greater power.

"Poor is the country that has no heroes, but beggard is the country that having them, forgets."

Leftists want us to believe that the only heroes we have are scum like Mumia.

First let me say I don't know who the fuck Chris Hayes is, nor do I care.

However I think if you bother to listen to the ONE MINUTE Youtube, it seems clear that he is not being disrespectful, in fact he states that there are indeed War Heros.

His issue is semantics:

Does using the word "Hero" to describe war casulties encourage more war?

The fact is we don't have a word to accurately describe "war casulties," a term that seems much too flippant, and worse, bureaucratic.

The word "hero," IMHO should be reserved for guys that KNEW that death was imminent, yet chose to act regardless...

Maybe Chris would be happy if we invented a term....Megahero?.....Superhero?.....UltraMegaSuperhero?.....to describe such deaths off the battlefield?

And yet, those who are so uncomfortable with calling our military 'heroes' are the ones who call every other guy and their dog a fucking hero for doing the right thing.... one of the most overused and undervalued words in the dictionary.

'Tis the nature of the beast....

I try to never miss his show, but I never forget that, attractive and articulate, Hayes is an inveterate Liberal.

They will come up with all sorts of camouflage so as to hide their disdain for the military...

Nor will you catch 'em reciting this:

Then out spoke brave Horatius, the Captain of the Gate:
‘To every man upon this earth Death cometh soon or late.
And how can man die better than facing fearful odds,
For the ashes of his fathers, and the temples of his Gods,
Horatius at the Bridge by Lord Macaulay

YOU are the one who watches his show? I had always wondered about that. Who woulda thunk? :)

The folks over at MSNBC actually do a good service, though, by collecting enough left wingnuts together to really illustrate that at the core they don't like America very much. And they don't like the military at all, and never can quite wrap their minds around what a blessing our powerful military provides for us, or that the very nation they despise protects their right to openly express how much they despise it.

I have long deplored sacrificing our young men and women for ill defined objectives and unattainable goals even as we tie one hand behind their back to achieve even that. But that is not the doing of the military or the motives of those who put it all on the line for us. We have the best educated, best trained, best disciplined all volunteer military in the world. What we need is better people in Washington setting the policy.

However I think if you bother to listen to the ONE MINUTE Youtube, it seems clear that he is not being disrespectful, in fact he states that there are indeed War Heros.

His issue is semantics:

The fact is we don't have a word to accurately describe "war casulties," a term that seems much too flippant, and worse, bureaucratic.

The word "hero," IMHO should be reserved for guys that KNEW that death was imminent, yet chose to act regardless...

Maybe Chris would be happy if we invented a term....Megahero?.....Superhero?.....UltraMegaSuperhero?.....to describe such deaths off the battlefield?

And yet, those who are so uncomfortable with calling our military 'heroes' are the ones who call every other guy and their dog a fucking hero for doing the right thing.... one of the most overused and undervalued words in the dictionary.

Why must you bring Beastiality into this?

Where does Hayes mention some guy and his dog?

Democrats already fighting War on Women and Christians they just started a War on our Military

Democrats already fighting War on Women and Christians they just started a War on our Military

Well it IS Memorial Day.

You can always tell. The President dedicates several whole HOURS to the "show."

9:15AM THE PRESIDENT and THE FIRST LADY host a breakfast in honor of Gold Star Families
State Dining Room

11:00AM THE PRESIDENT lays a wreath at the Tomb of the Unknown Soldier; THE FIRST LADY also attends
Arlington National Cemetery

11:20AM THE PRESIDENT delivers remarks; THE FIRST LADY also attends

1:50PM THE PRESIDENT delivers remarks: THE VICE PRESIDENT, THE FIRST LADY and DR. BIDEN attend
The Vietnam War Memorial, National Mall

9:15AM until almost 2:00 pm. Whew. HE must be planning on being exhausted.

Well it IS Memorial Day.

9:15AM THE PRESIDENT and THE FIRST LADY host a breakfast in honor of Gold Star Families
State Dining Room

11:00AM THE PRESIDENT lays a wreath at the Tomb of the Unknown Soldier; THE FIRST LADY also attends

1:50PM THE PRESIDENT delivers remarks: THE VICE PRESIDENT, THE FIRST LADY and DR. BIDEN attend

Didn't he intentionally leave Washington to avoid all of this a few years ago?

I hope Michele Obama will be able to contain herself today
during Memorial Day.I still remember what looked like her saying
at one ceremony..."all this for a flag" and shaking her head in disgust.
We get that you and your husband don't care for this country as Michelle
has pointed out on a few occasions.Like "For the first time in my adult life I'm proud of the country"....
But let's try to act decently today.

Well it IS Memorial Day.

State Dining Room

I don't know whether it was intentional but he didn't give either the military or patriotic ceremony much priority until lately. It's an election year you know. :)

Well it IS Memorial Day.

State Dining Room

Yes. He did. He left Biden to do the honors. This is an election year so obama has to put on a show. After all these displays of Americanism, he will probably shower in bleach.

His issue is semantics:

Chris Hayes has a bone to pick with the military because of his sexual-orientation.

Regardless the question remains: does calling those that die in battle encourage anyone to die in battle? Or worse, does it encourage anyone to create wars for the purpose of allowing people to die a "glorious" death?

Historically, I think there is evidence that this might have been the case (see almost every British-lead battle during WW I).

Given that many have not been in combat, and never will, (not to mention the complete impracticality of your point) does calling those who die in combat "Heros" do more to encourage or discourage war?

Answer: No. Fuck Chris Hayes with a 12 inch dildo if he believes there is nothing good about the outcome of war.

:rolleyes: It encourages service and sacrifice. Do firefighters encourage fires too...?

My father was a highly decorated soldier in WWII, and he certainly did not consider himself a hero. He was appalled by the people that he killed until the day he died.

And most soldiers would agree. But I have no problem with civilians saying they are. I do have a problem with asswipes making statements that are actually meant to belittle the sacrifice.

And that's not what he did.

I have a problem with the timing of the argument..but not the argument itself.

This country has a history of getting involved in completely stupid wars that serve no purpose. And over the long term..actually hurt this country.

Like Vietnam. Like Iraq.

Part and parcel with that..may be because we "glamorize" it.

Hayes, however, should have picked a better time to make that argument. It's low class to do it on Memorial day.

theres your problem, you don't seem to understand the difference between glamorize and render homage.......

here; you glamorize obama and anything he does, we render homage to men and woman how have done their duty and have died doing it....see how that works?

I hope Michele Obama will be able to contain herself today
during Memorial Day.I still remember what looked like her saying
at one ceremony..."all this for a flag" and shaking her head in disgust.
We get that you and your husband don't care for this country as Michelle
has pointed out on a few occasions.Like "For the first time in my adult life I'm proud of the country"....
But let's try to act decently today.

Well, they had to be invited......even though they literally despise the occasion.

:rolleyes: It encourages service and sacrifice. Do firefighters encourage fires too...?

boom, there it is.....:clap2:

"I feel uncomfortable about the term hero because it so rhetorically proximate to justification for more war."

Well I'm glad that millions could die on his behalf so that he could feel uncomfortable about honoring their memory.

My father was a highly decorated soldier in WWII, and he certainly did not consider himself a hero. He was appalled by the people that he killed until the day he died.

They usually don't......but everyone else around them usually does....and that's all that matters.
Many of the guys I heard talking about their experiences in WWII spoke as if they were brave and nothing bothered them. My father was the only one I ever heard speak about how terrified they were going into battle and how horrible it was to take another man's life.

Well it IS Memorial Day.

State Dining Room

Yes. He did. He left Biden to do the honors. This is an election year so obama has to put on a show. After all these displays of Americanism, he will probably shower in bleach.

obama_crossed_finger_salute.jpg

Heroes generally don't talk about themselves much, don't take personal credit for what they usually see as a group effort, and don't brag about their accomplishments. It is like pulling teeth to get our WWII, Korean, and Vietnam vet friends and family members to talk about their personal experience at all.

Compare that with some politicians who pepper almost every announcement of some initiative or accomplishment with I - I - I. . . .

Heroes generally don't talk about themselves much, don't take personal credit for what they usually see as a group effort, and don't brag about their accomplishments. It is like pulling teeth to get our WWII, Korean, and Vietnam vet friends and family members to talk about their personal experience at all.

Compare that with some politicians who pepper almost every announcement of some initiative or accomplishment with I - I - I. . . .

Usually it's not a very fun time in their lives.

Forum List

Back