Celebrating Memorial Day with MSNBC

Maybe I'm wrong here but this kind of
reminds me of Bill Maher calling
the terrorists who flew the planes into
the Twin Towers on 9-11 brave and those
in our military who drop bombs and launch cruise missiles
cowards....

"I feel uncomfortable about the term hero because it so rhetorically proximate to justification for more war."

Well I'm glad that millions could die on his behalf so that he could feel uncomfortable about honoring their memory.

"I feel uncomfortable about the term hero because it so rhetorically proximate to justification for more war."

the prefect bubble denizen faux intellectual proggie answer, I bet he thinks he sounds cool.

This should really move this guy way up
the food chain at MSNBC...
He will probably get called into Rachel Maddow's
office on Tuesday where her whole staff will give him a huge ovation.

It is the Soldier, not the minister, who has given us freedom of religion.
It is the Soldier, not the reporter, who has given us freedom of the press.
It is the Soldier, not the poet, who has given us freedom of speech.
It is the Soldier, not the campus organizer, who has given us freedom to protest.
It is the Soldier, not the lawyer, who has given us the right to a fair trial.
It is the Soldier, not the politician, who has given us the right to vote.
It is the Soldier who salutes the flag,
Who serves beneath the flag,
And whose coffin is draped by the flag,
Who allows the protester to burn the flag.

-- Charles M. Province

Your discomfort, and your opinions, are meaningless, Hayes.

cowards....

Good times..good times..

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H-CAcdta_8I]Falwell and Robertson on The 700 Club after 9/11 - YouTube[/ame]

I noticed Google could barely muster a tribute to our soldiers
usflagandribbon.png
while so often they come up with all sorts of elaborate tributes for things like who invented the thimble!

This is the same cable station that fired Pat Buchanan for sticking up for whites. But this fruitsicle? He'll get this backstage:

"Chris, oh my god -- you were really brave for saying that. Of course all the morons in flyover country are having conniptions right now, but that is so good for the debate!"

cowards....

Good times..good times..

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H-CAcdta_8I]Falwell and Robertson on The 700 Club after 9/11 - YouTube[/ame]
Such fine Christian men, aren't they?

Well I'm glad that millions could die on his behalf so that he could feel uncomfortable about honoring their memory.

U.S. Marine Sgt. William Stacey was killed earlier this year by a homemade bomb in southern Afghanistan, a tragedy for which he prepared by writing a letter to his family explaining why he was fighting that was to be read in the event of his death.

The top U.S. commander in Afghanistan, Marine Gen. John Allen, read the 23-year-old's letter during a Memorial Day service Monday in Kabul in memory of all the troops who have died in the country since the war started in 2001.

"Today we remember his life and his words, for they speak resoundingly and timelessly for our fallen brothers and sisters in arms," said Allen, who also leads the NATO coalition in Afghanistan.

Stacey was on his fourth deployment to Afghanistan when he was killed on January 31 in Helmand province. The young Marine from Redding, California, told his family that he was motivated to fight in Afghanistan to protect the country's children and provide them the opportunity to go to school and live out their dreams.

"There will be a child who will live because men left the security they enjoyed in their home to come to his," Stacey wrote in his letter. "He will have the gift of freedom which I have enjoyed for so long myself, and if my life brings the safety of a child who will one day change the world, then I know that it was all worth it."

Stacey deployed to Afghanistan with the 2nd Battalion, 4th Marines, 1st Marine Division out of Camp Pendleton, California.

:salute:

Read more: US troops in Kabul mark Memorial Day by reading fallen marine's letter | Fox News

What else do you expect from hardcore leftists? Who can always find something positive to say about anybody, no matter how reprehensible, so long as their politics are slanted in the right direction, but who have so much trouble appreciating those men and women who put it all on the line for their fellow citizens. They can't bring theselves to understand such people or the great personal cost endured by so many. Too many with their lives.

Some will even try to deflect from the topic by posting a strawman to attack as that somehow absolves MSNBC from any criticism of their comments.

Such a comment on Memorial Day is chilling to those of us who know that the only hope for peace is through strength that will not be challenged.

Last edited:
I'm a little upset to see these young kids being fooled into believing we are currently in Afghanistan doing some good.

That ended the day Obama took office.

Since then he's been looking for a viable exit that won't hurt him in the polls. Meanwhile our kids are suffering under his restrictive ROEs and he's busy signing away our most effective military options to placate our enemies.

Forum List

Back