Celebrate Osama's Death?

Osama Bin Laden was shot dead while he was unarmed.

Yes, ok, and your point is?

Were the people who died at the WTC on 9/11 armed? Able to defend themselves in any manner? Given any opportunity to defend themselves? Were they aggressors in any kind of armed conflict as OBL was?

Immie

I have to say, I'm sort of appalled by how unhinged the left is by Osama's death.

I don't see his death as a cause for jubilation. For one thing, I'm not one of the retards who thinks that Osama was our primary threat. He's one of MANY, and taking him out at this point isn't going to make much of a difference. I think radical Islam knew he was on borrowed time a long time ago, and subsequently many others stepped up to the plate to take his place so that when the inevitable happened, it would make no difference to them.

My hunch is that the celebration in front of the White House after Obama's speech was staged.

You don't honestly believe our fearless leaders would be that crass do you? :)

I had a few personal reactions to the news of bin Laden's assassination.

1. My first reaction was "well, that's that. What's next?"

2. My second reaction was to wonder whether it would in fact make a difference in the War on Terrorism or will bin Laden be replaced with a worse devil? Was this pathetic man really the heart and brains of al Qaida?

3. My third reaction was resenting all networks dumping their regular programming to spend hours on the report of bin Laden being dead. Was this man really worthy of so much attention? Would any American, short of perhaps the President himself, have merited such attention?

At no time was I inclined to take to the streets to applaud the man's death.

I would not say that I would take to the streets but I am happy that he was killed. I do not rejoice in his death but rather I rejoice in the end of his reign. Even if he had retired and was not still planning attacks, which he was doing, he still was a figurehead and an inspiration to the entire jihad movement. It was also a dark spot in our ability to wage this war that we could not find one man, the most notorious one of all.

I would have likely gone out to drink with some buddies of mine if I was not already in the desert. Of course that would have been a ‘mission accomplished’ thing and is a huge deal for those of us that are currently in the military.

New Topics

Forum List

Back