Celebrate Osama's Death?

I have to say, I'm sort of appalled by how unhinged the left is by Osama's death.

I don't see his death as a cause for jubilation. For one thing, I'm not one of the retards who thinks that Osama was our primary threat. He's one of MANY, and taking him out at this point isn't going to make much of a difference. I think radical Islam knew he was on borrowed time a long time ago, and subsequently many others stepped up to the plate to take his place so that when the inevitable happened, it would make no difference to them.

We could tell it upset you.

Me? I am DELIGHTED by his death. People don't like that? Too bad. You guys can mourn all you like....just keep the wailing and knashing of teeth down to a dull roar.

Who's Mourning his death outside of the Middle East? The State Department?

Jose? Are you mourning OBL's death? What is Jihad again???

I have to say, I'm sort of appalled by how unhinged the left is by Osama's death.

I don't see his death as a cause for jubilation. For one thing, I'm not one of the retards who thinks that Osama was our primary threat. He's one of MANY, and taking him out at this point isn't going to make much of a difference. I think radical Islam knew he was on borrowed time a long time ago, and subsequently many others stepped up to the plate to take his place so that when the inevitable happened, it would make no difference to them.

Me? I am DELIGHTED by his death. People don't like that? Too bad. You guys can mourn all you like....just keep the wailing and knashing of teeth down to a dull roar.

The right is mourning the fact that it happened on Obama's watch instead of Bush's. Just look at the posts. No credit for the president. Questions about whether Osama's really dead. Complaints about the fact that he got a Muslim burial. Anything but happiness that one of America's greatest enemies is no longer with us.

The right is mourning the fact that it happened on Obama's watch instead of Bush's. Just look at the posts. No credit for the president. Questions about whether Osama's really dead. Complaints about the fact that he got a Muslim burial. Anything but happiness that one of America's greatest enemies is no longer with us.

I for one am not. I may question why it actually went down on "May Day" of all days. Coincidence, maybe, but worthy of note.

I may question why the body was disposed of so quickly, in a time where All Governments have a problem with credibility. It is troubling. Why was it done that way??? I'm sure there are valid arguments on both sides of the equation. I would have held on to the Body longer, unless there was strong cause not to.

Obama is the President, he gets credit for what goes down on his watch, both good and bad. Neither he nor the People have come to that full realization yet. Panetta worked out very well for him. ;)

I am Relieved that Osama is no longer with us. That is important to me. What you are doing deflates from that, on both sides it does.The World is a better place with Osama gone.

Here are two very different views on the question. Both from men of religion, both, it seems, biblically bases....what is your view? Why?

1.Pastor Rick Warren :
"I take no pleasure in the death of wicked people.I only want them to turn from wicked ways so they may live" Ezek33:11
Twitter

2. Radio commentator Dennis Prager spoke on the subject yesterday:

"...asked Dennis (Dennis is a Jewish scholar)......he asked Dennis......"Dennis, should we be celebrating the death of Osama Bin Laden?. Doesn't the Bible talk about that?"

Dennis, after his initial shock asked...."why would you not celebrate the death of the purveyor of death? If that is not worth celebrating what is?"

He then immediately referred the caller to Exodus 14 and 15 which describes the parting of the Red Sea. When the Israelites saw that the evil, the Egyptians had been swallowed up by the sea....what did they do?

THEY SANG TO THE LORD and the Lord sure didn't seem to have a problem with it. Exodus 15:
You know what's interesting....in that celebration song to the Lord about the Egyptians being destroyed?.....they sing "They have been hurled to the sea".....LOL....that's exactly what they did to Osama. He's been hurled into the sea! Yea....read the first text of the song. Exodus 15:1.......Love the Bible! "
InTheColony.com Forums : Guy called Dennis Prager today and

I have to say, I come down on the side of Pastor Warren on this one.

I take no pleasure in his death although, I do believe that justice has been served.

Immie

I for one am not. I may question why it actually went down on "May Day" of all days. Coincidence, maybe, but worthy of note.

I may question why the body was disposed of so quickly, in a time where All Governments have a problem with credibility. It is troubling. Why was it done that way??? I'm sure there are valid arguments on both sides of the equation. I would have held on to the Body longer, unless there was strong cause not to.

Obama is the President, he gets credit for what goes down on his watch, both good and bad. Neither he nor the People have come to that full realization yet. Panetta worked out very well for him. ;)

I am Relieved that Osama is no longer with us. That is important to me. What you are doing deflates from that, on both sides it does.The World is a better place with Osama gone.

"I may question why the body was disposed of so quickly, in a time where All Governments have a problem with credibility. It is troubling. Why was it done that way??? I'm sure there are valid arguments on both sides of the equation. I would have held on to the Body longer, unless there was strong cause not to."

Actually, the story is just starting to come out that there was a long and hard debate in the Cabinet as to whether to throw the body into the ocean, or to consider a remake of the 1989 cinematic classic, "Weekend at Bernie's."

Here are two very different views on the question. Both from men of religion, both, it seems, biblically bases....what is your view? Why?

1.Pastor Rick Warren :
"I take no pleasure in the death of wicked people.I only want them to turn from wicked ways so they may live" Ezek33:11
Twitter

"...asked Dennis (Dennis is a Jewish scholar)......he asked Dennis......"Dennis, should we be celebrating the death of Osama Bin Laden?. Doesn't the Bible talk about that?"

Dennis, after his initial shock asked...."why would you not celebrate the death of the purveyor of death? If that is not worth celebrating what is?"

He then immediately referred the caller to Exodus 14 and 15 which describes the parting of the Red Sea. When the Israelites saw that the evil, the Egyptians had been swallowed up by the sea....what did they do?

THEY SANG TO THE LORD and the Lord sure didn't seem to have a problem with it. Exodus 15:
You know what's interesting....in that celebration song to the Lord about the Egyptians being destroyed?.....they sing "They have been hurled to the sea".....LOL....that's exactly what they did to Osama. He's been hurled into the sea! Yea....read the first text of the song. Exodus 15:1.......Love the Bible! "

I take no pleasure in his death although, I do believe that justice has been served.

Immie

The signs seem very clearly posted here to me.

Ezekiel 18:23 Have I any pleasure at all that the wicked should die? saith the Lord GOD: and not that he should return from his ways, and live?

18:24 But when the righteous turneth away from his righteousness, and committeth iniquity, and doeth according to all the abominations that the wicked man doeth, shall he live? All his righteousness that he hath done shall not be mentioned: in his trespass that he hath trespassed, and in his sin that he hath sinned, in them shall he die.

18:25 Yet ye say, The way of the LORD is not equal. Hear now, O house of Israel; Is not my way equal? are not your ways unequal?

18:26 When a righteous man turneth away from his righteousness, and committeth iniquity, and dieth in them; for his iniquity that he hath done shall he die.

18:27 Again, when the wicked man turneth away from his wickedness that he hath committed, and doeth that which is lawful and right, he shall save his soul alive.

18:28 Because he considereth, and turneth away from all his transgressions that he hath committed, he shall surely live, he shall not die.

18:29 Yet saith the house of Israel, The way of the LORD is not equal. O house of Israel, are not my ways equal? are not your ways unequal?

18:30 Therefore I will judge you, O house of Israel, every one according to his ways, saith the Lord GOD. Repent, and turn yourselves from all your transgressions; so iniquity shall not be your ruin.

18:31 Cast away from you all your transgressions, whereby ye have transgressed; and make you a new heart and a new spirit: for why will ye die, O house of Israel?

18:32 For I have no pleasure in the death of him that dieth, saith the Lord GOD: wherefore turn yourselves, and live ye.

The Holy Bible

1.Pastor Rick Warren :
Twitter

Immie

The signs seem very clearly posted here to me.

Ezekiel 18:23 Have I any pleasure at all that the wicked should die? saith the Lord GOD: and not that he should return from his ways, and live?

18:24 But when the righteous turneth away from his righteousness, and committeth iniquity, and doeth according to all the abominations that the wicked man doeth, shall he live? All his righteousness that he hath done shall not be mentioned: in his trespass that he hath trespassed, and in his sin that he hath sinned, in them shall he die.

18:25 Yet ye say, The way of the LORD is not equal. Hear now, O house of Israel; Is not my way equal? are not your ways unequal?

18:26 When a righteous man turneth away from his righteousness, and committeth iniquity, and dieth in them; for his iniquity that he hath done shall he die.

18:27 Again, when the wicked man turneth away from his wickedness that he hath committed, and doeth that which is lawful and right, he shall save his soul alive.

18:28 Because he considereth, and turneth away from all his transgressions that he hath committed, he shall surely live, he shall not die.

18:29 Yet saith the house of Israel, The way of the LORD is not equal. O house of Israel, are not my ways equal? are not your ways unequal?

18:30 Therefore I will judge you, O house of Israel, every one according to his ways, saith the Lord GOD. Repent, and turn yourselves from all your transgressions; so iniquity shall not be your ruin.

18:31 Cast away from you all your transgressions, whereby ye have transgressed; and make you a new heart and a new spirit: for why will ye die, O house of Israel?

18:32 For I have no pleasure in the death of him that dieth, saith the Lord GOD: wherefore turn yourselves, and live ye.

The Holy Bible

Intense, the following might be, I believe, a different, but similar, restatement of the OP:

1. Deuteronomy 30:19:
“I call heaven and earth to record this day against you,

that I have set before you life and death, blessing and cursing:

therefore choose life, that both thou and thy seed may live.”

2. “We should by now have become used to the death cult that is thriving at the fringes of the Muslim world. This is the cult of people who are proud to declare, "You love life, but we love death." This is the cult that sent waves of defenseless children to be mowed down on the battlefields of the Iran-Iraq war, that trains kindergartners to become bombs, that fetishizes death, that sends people off joyfully to commit mass murder. Because the death cult is not really about the cause it purports to serve. It's about the sheer pleasure of killing and dying.” The New York Times > Opinion > Op-Ed Columnist: Cult of Death

I, too, wonder why the rush to dispose of the body. It only leads to questions. I can think of no legitimate reason for doing so. I'll wait to hear the government's explanation which is bound to come.

Immie

Obamma throws like a girl but hit a line drive over the left field fence on this one,good job at having the sack to say yes,and let them do what they do_On to the next one.

No, celebrating his death diverts attention from what we really should be celebrating, the determination, the hard work, and human sacrifice of those that brought down a mass murderer.

Originally posted by Intense
Jose? Are you mourning OBL's death? What is Jihad again???

LOL

Dude... As a christian I'm sure you are familiar with this ABSOLUTELY LEGITIMATE argument often raised against the Left:

They make a big fuss every time christians make the slightest attempt to blur the separation but keep a complicit silence regarding the gross violations of civil rights commited by islamic theocracies in the ME.

I'm one of the few leftists on this Board who's NEVER pulled any punches with theocracies of any stripe. I literally lost count of how many times I soundly crushed Sunni Man and all the other Board theocrats debating Shariah, Afghanistan, etc, etc...

So I'll let my posting history answer your questions : )

Reread my post and you'll see my comment wasn't even directed at America in particular... it was directed at NATIONALISM in general.

"America, and all the other 203 sovereign states currently in existence, don't have any problem with mass murderers."

Everybody knows Mao was a mass murderer son of a bitch... but China has no problem with him because it was their son of a bitch... So you can rest assured I'm not picking on America : )

As far as the celebration is concerned there is an argument to be made that celebrating anyone's death is of bad taste, at best, or just plain depraved, at worst.

So here's my compromise solution:

Instead of celebrating the death of human beings, I would gladly celebrate the death of the theocratic ideology (Bin Laden's ideology)... the totalitarian concept according to which a group of citizens (most often the majority group but sometimes even the minority) have the right to model the laws of any society after their own religions and impose them on non-observant citizens of the state thereby creating second-class citizenry.

I know ideologies don't exactly die... but they "die" when they have so few followers that they become irrelant (Ex: Greek and Roman religions).

And I say "would celebrate" because the death of religious dictatorships, aka, theocracies probably won't happen in my lifetime : (

I'm not too happy about the fact that they disposed of the body so soon...just because it's some Islamic law??? So what! Did they care about how 3000 people were buried on 9/11? I understand why they buried him at sea...we don't need his followers building a shrine to him.

But, i was also a little disgusted with the cheering and celebrations going on when they announced he was killed. It was wonderful news to finally get rid of this person, families can now maybe have some peace. But watching people celebrate like they did reminded me of the news reports just after 9/11 where the people in the middle east celebrated...they were so excited about all the deaths! Ok...feel good that the man is gone, thank the Military for all their effort...thank the president for giving the order...(then watch out for the retaliation coming!!), but it's nothing to have a party about!

I'm not too happy about the fact that they disposed of the body so soon...just because it's some Islamic law??? So what! Did they care about how 3000 people were buried on 9/11? I understand why they buried him at sea...we don't need his followers building a shrine to him.

But, i was also a little disgusted with the cheering and celebrations going on when they announced he was killed. It was wonderful news to finally get rid of this person, families can now maybe have some peace. But watching people celebrate like they did reminded me of the news reports just after 9/11 where the people in the middle east celebrated...they were so excited about all the deaths! Ok...feel good that the man is gone, thank the Military for all their effort...thank the president for giving the order...(then watch out for the retaliation coming!!), but it's nothing to have a party about!

If people want to celebrate that this clown is dead, thats their right, just like the morons who danced in the streets when 9/11 happened.

If people want to celebrate that this clown is dead, thats their right, just like the morons who danced in the streets when 9/11 happened.

I never said they didn't have a right to do it, but it's also my right to disagree with it.

I wouldn't celebrate the "death" of the person, rather the end of their terror reign.
Justice, on the other hand is something to celebrate. At the same time, his family that didn't support his evil has my sympathies (what would it be like to say: yeah, that was my dad, one of the most evil people on earth).

José;3600324 said:
Originally posted by rightwinger
We didn't take him out because he is a threat

We took him out because he is a mass murderer

America, and all the other 203 sovereign states currently in existence, don't have any problem with mass murderers... as long as they are THEIR mass murderers.

Harry_S_Truman%2C_bw_half-length_photo_portrait%2C_facing_front%2C_1945.jpg

Harry S. Truman

Truman kicks ass

1.Pastor Rick Warren :
Twitter

My opinion on this is as follows.

He was an evil man and I'm glad he is no longer alive. That being said I do not feel right celebrating his, or any death.

Heraldo Rivera turned my stomach when he was making the announcement with his glee at the death. Watching Americans chant usa and go out in the streets just like people in muslim countries did after 9/11 dissapointed me.

Glad he is gone, don't think it should be celebrated.

1.Pastor Rick Warren :
Twitter

He was an evil man and I'm glad he is no longer alive. That being said I do not feel right celebrating his, or any death.

Heraldo Rivera turned my stomach when he was making the announcement with his glee at the death. Watching Americans chant usa and go out in the streets just like people in muslim countries did after 9/11 dissapointed me.

"That being said I do not feel right celebrating his, or any death."

Very close to the way I felt...but Prager hit a chord with me. He said that some deaths make the world better.

He went on to state that pacificism is actually immoral, as it tends to increase evil in the world.
Still thinking about that.

1.Pastor Rick Warren :
Twitter

"That being said I do not feel right celebrating his, or any death."

Very close to the way I felt...but Prager hit a chord with me. He said that some deaths make the world better.

He went on to state that pacificism is actually immoral, as it tends to increase evil in the world.
Still thinking about that.

That was my "glad he is dead" part because I know the world is better off without a murderer like him around.

I think its fine to be happy with him not being around I just dont think celebrating it is right.

Forum List

Back