Celebrate May Day

The Nazis celebrated Christmas.

Does that make Christmas a "Nazi" holiday?

Nice try dummy.

No it does'nt... but thanks for proving my point.

How does my comment "prove your point"?

And why do you always post in Comic Sans?

Are you not a Democrat or a liberal?

Look at how you idiots are running to protect the OWS anarchists... they are planing to shut NYC down.

The tactics of trying to provoke the police into violence will be used, and the MSM will report every demonstration as proof of the "power" of this movement - even though the numbers of protestors are likely to be as small as they were over the winter months.

I use Comic Sans because I can.... its there, why not use it. Plus it seems to bug the shit out of you lefties for some reason.... why?

Last edited:

Nice try dummy.

No it does'nt... but thanks for proving my point.

How does my comment "prove your point"?

And why do you always post in Comic Sans?

Are you not a Democrat or a liberal?

A liberal, yes. But not a Democrat.

Look at how you idiots are running to protect the OWS anarchists... they are planing to shut NYC down.
More power to them. But I wasn't talking about OWS at all.

I was talking about May Day.

The tactics of trying to provoke the police into violence will be used, and the MSM will report every demonstration as proof of the "power" of this movement - even though the numbers of protestors are likely to be as small as they were over the winter months.
What else does your crystal ball tell you, oh Great Swami?

I use Comic Sans because I can.... its there, why not use it. Plus it seems to bug the shit out of you lefties for some reason.... why?
You're welcome to use whatever font you like. I was just curious.

Personally, I just hate the font.

Whenever I play Victoria II, I strive to get my nation under an 8 hour workday policy.

May Day!

Sweet Beginnings: Butte's First Union

In 1878, underground miners at the Alice and Lexington silver mines declined to accept a pay cut from $3.50 to $3 a day for risking their lives underground. They gathered 400 strong behind a brass band and paraded through the silver camp in a show of solidarity.

That evening, they gathered at the Orphean Hall to hash out the principles for the new union. They took their constitution nearly word for word from the preamble and bylaws of the unions on the Comstock Lode in Nevada that many had belonged to before arriving in Butte. The Butte Workingmen's Union formed at that 1878 meeting launched an era of union organizing that earned Butte the reputation as the "Gibraltar of Unionism."

By 1900, 34 different unions advocated for nearly 18,000 workers in a variety of trades. Unions represented the construction trades, brewers, teamsters, blacksmiths, blacksmiths, and hackmen. Musicians had a Protective Union as did Theatrical Stage Employees and Theatrical Ushers. Other unions represented typographers, waitresses, and bartenders. Even newsboys had their own union and their own strikes.
When Toil Meant Trouble: Butte, Montana's Labor Heritage and Sites to Visit

Maybe those that have never put on a pair of working boots and clothes should read about the troubles and safety measures that have changed because of organzed workers.
The way most workers were treated before organizing was disgusting.

Sweatshops in the USA......100 yrs ago...conditions changed because of the power of workers uniting.

A century after 146 garment workers died in a fire at the Triangle shirtwaist factory, new immigrants still try to sew their way to the American dream. But these days, especially in New York, garment work is hard to come by. Safe working conditions and living wages in unionized factories are a legacy of the Triangle fire, but in other factories, day laborers from Latin America say they are treated poorly, paid less than minimum wage, or not paid at all. That is, if they can find work.

Garment Work in New York 100 Years After the Triangle Fire - NYTimes.com

Sweet Beginnings: Butte's First Union

In 1878, underground miners at the Alice and Lexington silver mines declined to accept a pay cut from $3.50 to $3 a day for risking their lives underground. They gathered 400 strong behind a brass band and paraded through the silver camp in a show of solidarity.

That evening, they gathered at the Orphean Hall to hash out the principles for the new union. They took their constitution nearly word for word from the preamble and bylaws of the unions on the Comstock Lode in Nevada that many had belonged to before arriving in Butte. The Butte Workingmen's Union formed at that 1878 meeting launched an era of union organizing that earned Butte the reputation as the "Gibraltar of Unionism."

By 1900, 34 different unions advocated for nearly 18,000 workers in a variety of trades. Unions represented the construction trades, brewers, teamsters, blacksmiths, blacksmiths, and hackmen. Musicians had a Protective Union as did Theatrical Stage Employees and Theatrical Ushers. Other unions represented typographers, waitresses, and bartenders. Even newsboys had their own union and their own strikes.
When Toil Meant Trouble: Butte, Montana's Labor Heritage and Sites to Visit

Maybe those that have never put on a pair of working boots and clothes should read about the troubles and safety measures that have changed because of organzed workers.
The way most workers were treated before organizing was disgusting.

Sweatshops in the USA......100 yrs ago...conditions changed because of the power of workers uniting.

A century after 146 garment workers died in a fire at the Triangle shirtwaist factory, new immigrants still try to sew their way to the American dream. But these days, especially in New York, garment work is hard to come by. Safe working conditions and living wages in unionized factories are a legacy of the Triangle fire, but in other factories, day laborers from Latin America say they are treated poorly, paid less than minimum wage, or not paid at all. That is, if they can find work.

Garment Work in New York 100 Years After the Triangle Fire - NYTimes.com

These are the reasons for unifying and being strong as workers.

When I was a kid in grade school, we tied long ribbons to the top of the flag pole and danced around the flag pole until it was all wrapped up with our ribbons. We called it "The May Pole". We had May Baskets with all sorts of goodies in it and for that one day at school, it was recess all day long. Never heard of anybody doing anything like it anymore... My how the times have changed.

When I was a kid in grade school, we tied long ribbons to the top of the flag pole and danced around the flag pole until it was all wrapped up with our ribbons. We called it "The May Pole". We had May Baskets with all sorts of goodies in it and for that one day at school, it was recess all day long. Never heard of anybody doing anything like it anymore... My how the times have changed.

Well for starters you have the concept of that May Pole and the May Day this is about.

Forum List

Back