Celebrate Darwin's birthday Thursday

Darwin wasn't even the first person to propose natural selection.

He's no more in the same intellectual ZIP code with Einstein than I am.

You have got to be kidding me. The man who said we evolved from Apes!!.
Well sir, you white people may have descended from Ape like creatures, but I and
other Blacks were created by the One true God.

give an award to the People who are trying to bring "Intelligent design" into the public and
private schools.
Charles Darwin only left us with an unproven theory.And that theory has many gaps
and unanswered questions.

I accept intelligent design only.Not any Ape, or Monkey gene descendent theory.!

Without the science that supports evolution, man would still be living in caves.
So before Darwin's so called discoverys in the 1800's man was still living in caves?

Man was out of caves long. long before there was the field of science :lol:

My goodness, you're an idiot. Evolution didn't start happening when Darwin formulated his theory. No wonder you can't understand the theory. You just don't think.

Darwin tried to remove God from mans creation,which is what a lot of scientist are trying to do.
As I said it is nothing but an unproven theory.

There is no connection between belief in god and acceptance of scientific theories. One is in the realm of religion and philosophy, the other in the realm of logic and observation.

It is neither an unproven theory, nor does it prove or disprove the existence of god. Come to think of it, the phrase "unproven theory" is an oxymoron, if you understand the meaning of the word "theory" as it is used by scientists.

My personal belief is that evolution describes the process by which life, including human life, was created. Since that is a belief, not a scientific hypothesis, I can't prove it. You can't disprove it, either.

Darwin tried to remove God from mans creation,which is what a lot of scientist are trying to do.
That is because a lot of scientist are SMART and don't accept the reason to believe something as "I can't explain it, it defies logic and reason, but just trust me its true!" --> which is the argument religious people give when religion is true and factual based.

And religion is nothing more than an unprovable folklore!

It is neither an unproven theory, nor does it prove or disprove the existence of god. Come to think of it, the phrase "unproven theory" is an oxymoron, if you understand the meaning of the word "theory" as it is used by scientists.

You're correct. Scientific theories are never proven and don't become fact through accumulation of evidence. I'd say most people who say "evolution is just a theory" don't even understand what a scientific theory is. A theory does not imply doubt and is not a guess as some people think.

Irregardless of What you people say, The Earth is still a planet that was Intelligently designed by God,
and did not just spring up randomly, with Humans evolving from Apes, or Ape like creatures.
Human DNA, is sequenced with a repeating order that creates a pattern.

It is not based on random selection, the DNA has a repeating pattern!!.This indicates a Higher intelligence.!

If we evolved from Apes, then why are Apes and Chipnazies still walking around the jungle?.
The Sun the Earth the Air we breathe and plants and Animals on the Earth were all intelligently designed by the one true God.
The Earth and every thing on Earth is part of a system that promotes life,existence.
There is no evolving from lower froms, the intelligence was there from the get go!!.
Human innovation and creativity is a result of Gods innovation and God's creativity, that has been instilled in us all!, that did not evovle from any Apes!!

Last edited:
We celebrate the 12th. of February as Lincoln's birthday, but he also shares the date with another man of equal influence in another field, Charles Darwin.

Darwin 200 years later: Evolution by selection of quotations

"If I were to give an award for the single best idea anyone ever had, I'd give it to Darwin." So wrote philosopher Daniel Dennett in his 1995 book Darwin's Dangerous Idea. "In a single stroke, the idea of evolution by natural selection unifies the realm of life, meaning and purpose with the realm of space and time, cause and effect, mechanism and physical law."

So it did. Darwin is in a class with Copernicus, with Einstein, in short, with the great scientific thinkers of the ages.

no doubt he's in the top 5 scientists of all time. Totally transformational.

Just don't give him props in the deep south Bush states. Darwin is on a par with Satan on some of those creation science, republican counties.

Ever see those Jesus fish eating darwin, on the bumpers of some wingnut religious loon's car?:clap2:

I am a religious man.

So I have alot of Faith.

But to believe in Evolution requires far more Faith than I can come up with.

Snnuidiot ... you have no faith, all you have is hatred and use anything to justify the hatred ... even stupid arguments.

Here's another angle for those who keep insisting evolution is just theory. The flu virus. Ever wonder why they keep changing? It's called evolution. The original doesn't die off, why, because evolution uses a successful branch to make more successful branches, otherwise it would be prepetuating a failed branch. There is so much more to the field that if I knew more I wouldn't be able to post it all here. I know the mechanics of it, it's a small portion of the scientific field. As with all scientific fields nutjobs like to resist advancement (they did with electricity, the same ones even, and called it satanism at one time). Without evolutionary science we wouldn't have flu vaccines or any of our other vaccines for that matter.

Darwin was a Christian the whole of his life, in spite of periods of doubt because of personal tragedy. He is buried in the Westminister Cathedral.

There are many scientists that are Christians, Muslims, Jews, and other varied religions. Science concerns physical evidence concerning physical processes. The metaphysical is not part of its domain.

Darwin was a Christian the whole of his life, in spite of periods of doubt because of personal tragedy. He is buried in the Westminister Cathedral.

There are many scientists that are Christians, Muslims, Jews, and other varied religions. Science concerns physical evidence concerning physical processes. The metaphysical is not part of its domain.

Don't confuse wingnuts with facts ... they may start acting like apes again ... like they do so often.

Many people seen to forget that even scientists call it the "Theory" of Evolution

Sunni, you learned nothing in that science class. Theory is as good as it gets in science. It is the broad overarching explanation for a process. Supported by facts, evidence, and the math concerning the process. It cannot ever be "proven", but can only be falsified. In over 150 years of trying, no one has yet falsified Darwin's Theory of Evolution, Natural Selection.

Darwin wasn't even the first person to propose natural selection.

He's no more in the same intellectual ZIP code with Einstein than I am.

Have you actualy read "Origin", or any of Darwin's other works? He was in every way the equal of Einstein and Newton. A very superior person in intellect and morality.

Many people seen to forget that even scientists call it the "Theory" of Evolution

Sunni, you learned nothing in that science class. Theory is as good as it gets in science. It is the broad overarching explanation for a process. Supported by facts, evidence, and the math concerning the process. It cannot ever be "proven", but can only be falsified. In over 150 years of trying, no one has yet falsified Darwin's Theory of Evolution, Natural Selection.
No one has proven it either :eusa_angel:

You really are a moron ... which makes this all the funnier because the post you quoted already addressed this. Even computer science uses a LOT of theories, but they work, just because they cannot be proven one way or the other doesn't make them work any less.

... just think about that a moment before your next ignorant post.

Allah is no more true than the christian one.

In as much as we're referring to Islam, Allah is the Christian one as well as the Jewish one.

But maybe worth pointing out is that "Allah" is the Arabic word for God and has been used for other gods that preceded the Abrahamic faiths altogether.

Have you ever considered removing that Bill Maher quote from your sig or maybe adding "and either do I" to the end? Every time I've read one of your posts on religion the irony nearly knocks me out of my chair.

You really are a moron ... which makes this all the funnier because the post you quoted already addressed this. Even computer science uses a LOT of theories, but they work, just because they cannot be proven one way or the other doesn't make them work any less.

... just think about that a moment before your next ignorant post.

I know computer science uses algorithms. What theories does it use?

Allah is no more true than the christian one.

In as much as we're referring to Islam, Allah is the Christian one as well as the Jewish one.

But maybe worth pointing out is that "Allah" is the Arabic word for God and has been used for other gods that preceded the Abrahamic faiths altogether.

Have you ever considered removing that Bill Maher quote from your sig or maybe adding "and either do I" to the end? Every time I've read one of your posts on religion the irony nearly knocks me out of my chair.

Um .. sarcasm and humor is a lost art. It must suck to grow up in a generation that doesn't know what those are.

Forum List

Back