Celebrate Christmas every TWO years?

BATMAN

Dec 6, 2005
Ken-Tenn USA
I move we celebrate Christmas every TWO years instead of every year. At least the gift giving part of it anyway. Anyone with me?

Or,

How about buy gifts for the kids that are 12 and under and do that every year and everyone else buy and exchange gifts every other year?

You see, the older you get, the more expensive the gifts, then when you buy it, it's outdated by the new improved version by the next year and you have to buy it again.

I'm not saying to stop celebrating the birth of Jesus, but give some of us a break on the gift buying. Do I sound like Scrooge?

Thoughts?

BATMAN said:
I move we celebrate Christmas every TWO years instead of every year. At least the gift giving part of it anyway. Anyone with me?

Or,

How about buy gifts for the kids that are 12 and under and do that every year and everyone else buy and exchange gifts every other year?

You see, the older you get, the more expensive the gifts, then when you buy it, it's outdated by the new improved version by the next year and you have to buy it again.

I'm not saying to stop celebrating the birth of Jesus, but give some of us a break on the gift buying. Do I sound like Scrooge?

Thoughts?

It's too late, my daughter would never go for it! :cry:

Some of the worst fights my husband and I have had have been over Christmas. It is only the past three years or so that I have not gotten literally nauseous at the approach of "the Holidays." I can totally understand what you're saying, but there are ways to simplify. This year we agreed only to buy for our kids and parents. I got to cut the gift list, and he didn't have to put up lights. And we have eliminated some of the family functions, too. I used to feel so trapped and depressed at Christmas. But baby step at a time, it's getting a lot better.

Forum List

Back