Celebrate, boys, you have won

Old Rocks

Diamond Member
Oct 31, 2008
Portland, Ore.
Well, I suppose I should be angry at the continued lies concerning the e-mails, the continued displays of absolute ignorance passing here as wisdom. But there is no use in it.

I just finished reading the Copenhagen Diagnosis. We are not going to make it. Don't worry about a 2 degree C increase. Can it be held to 4? More likely going to be at least 6 degrees C.

When the tipping points kick in, it will not be just one at a time, with nice predictable effects, it will be a cascade effect. And no one has any real idea of what will result. One such point has probably already been passed concerning the North Polar Ice.

So go ahead and have your big and little orgasms all over yourselves about hacked e-mails. Go ahead and denigrate all the scientists that have tried to warn you about what is coming down the road. It no longer matters. You have succeeded. We are going to find out just how much a PETM type event impacts a civilization that has nearly seven billion humans in it.

Well, I suppose I should be angry at the continued lies concerning the e-mails, the continued displays of absolute ignorance passing here as wisdom. But there is no use in it.

I just finished reading the Copenhagen Diagnosis. We are not going to make it. Don't worry about a 2 degree C increase. Can it be held to 4? More likely going to be at least 6 degrees C.

When the tipping points kick in, it will not be just one at a time, with nice predictable effects, it will be a cascade effect. And no one has any real idea of what will result. One such point has probably already been passed concerning the North Polar Ice.

So go ahead and have your big and little orgasms all over yourselves about hacked e-mails. Go ahead and denigrate all the scientists that have tried to warn you about what is coming down the road. It no longer matters. You have succeeded. We are going to find out just how much a PETM type event impacts a civilization that has nearly seven billion humans in it.

yay for common sense !:woohoo:

http://www.grist.org/article/2009-11-10-we-have-met-the-deniers-and-they-are-us/

The reality we’re denying? We’re denying that we’ve put so much carbon into the atmosphere already that positive feedback loops are well on their way to amplification hell.[1] We’re denying that time lags between carbon emissions and their effects are frighteningly relevant, and that the disastrous effects we’re seeing now are from emissions of 30 years ago. We’re denying that non-linear responses of physical systems cannot be calculated and therefore are perilously ignored. We’re denying that our consumption and waste have far exceeded planetary capacity, possibly irreparably so.[2]

We’re denying reality because we’re not talking about it; we’re invoking fantasies and free lunches instead.[3]

Why do we act like this? Because just like the skeptics, we are inordinately fond of our cushy lives. Because we don’t want to give up our privileged, well-stocked existences any more than the skeptics do (and enter the realms of unthinkable thoughts, to wit, go back to the jungles? the caves? the starving, thirsting millions—or is that billions?—never, never, never, not us). Because in our heart of hearts, we want the skeptics to be right. We are brothers and sisters. And so we join them.

But our denial is much, much worse, because we are the ones presumably advocating for action on global climate disruption. And when we fall short, who’s left to do the job?

Here’s an example, in a note from a friend of mine and fellow climate campaigner:

Scientists who do not fully participate in the scientific process are more aptly called charlatans. We are to believe their hysterical claims about tipping points when they have been deceptive about everything else?

No worries, the democraps will pass plenty of other shitty legislation........:clap2:

Earth will find it's own balance and ya know what ? That balance just may not include humans which is really all you care about.

Scientists who do not fully participate in the scientific process are more aptly called charlatans. We are to believe their hysterical claims about tipping points when they have been deceptive about everything else?
Charlatans driven by vain arrogance and their own greed.

The great climate change science scandal - Times Online

This weekend it emerged that the unit has thrown away much of the data. Tucked away on its website is this statement: “Data storage availability in the 1980s meant that we were not able to keep the multiple sources for some sites ... We, therefore, do not hold the original raw data but only the value-added (ie, quality controlled and homogenised) data.”

If true, it is extraordinary. It means that the data on which a large part of the world’s understanding of climate change is based can never be revisited or checked. Pielke said: “Can this be serious? It is now impossible to create a new temperature index from scratch. [The unit] is basically saying, ‘Trust us’.”

Read the whole article and weep, Old Rocks. The scam is over.

We don't have the power to destroy our world. Only God can do that.

Don't cry, OR. It will happen soon enough. Hope that cheers you up some.

The great climate change science scandal - Times Online

"It seems to me that the scientists have lost touch with what they were up to. They saw themselves as in a battle with the sceptics rather than advancing scientific knowledge.”

Summed up quite nicely.

It happens all the time. Another prime example is the continuing struggle of scientists with an eye to $$ and an agenda trying desperately to find one iota of evidence that homosexuality is hardwired.

It isn't. It was proven long ago it isn't. But they still keep getting those bucks to disprove the truth.

We don't have the power to destroy our world. Only God can do that.

Don't cry, OR. It will happen soon enough. Hope that cheers you up some.

We *DO* however have the power to destroy each other. And if that should ever happen the Earth would never miss us.

The Earth will continue to adjust for the larger forces as it has before our existence.

Oh well. We're doomed. So we may as well P A R T Y until we crash and burn.... or drown.... or freeze... or whatever the hell else is gonna happen.

It really isn't sinking in through your skull, is it... :rolleyes:

You have been duped. Actually you are a willing dupe, which is even worse.

And the funny thing is...they were told they were being duped all along by people who actually can distinguish between crap science and real science.

globalwarmingterrorism.gif

Forum List

Back