Cedar Falls Iowa Requires Keys to Private Property

bigrebnc1775

][][][% NC Sheepdog
Gold Supporting Member
Jun 12, 2010
Kannapolis, N.C.
I wonder how long this will be allowed to be in force?

Ordinance #2740 is an unfunded city-wide mandate forcing the citizens of Cedar Falls to provide the government keys to their commercial properties via "lock boxes." This includes businesses, apartments, and some rental houses. On June 13th, stand up against this unconstitutional ordinance and show the Cedar Falls City Council that yes, your voice DOES matter.
Cedar Falls Iowa Requires Keys to Private Property

from the article>

Cedar Falls already has had an ordinance requiring the lock boxes on commercial properties that have alarms systems, sprinkler systems or for buildings with six or more residential units. That ordinance has been in place since 2002.

The new ordinance would require the boxes be installed on all of those properties, plus buildings with three or more residential units.

this is what they're talking about>

lockbox_1.jpg

now imagine that FF or EMT without a key.....

from the article>

Cedar Falls already has had an ordinance requiring the lock boxes on commercial properties that have alarms systems, sprinkler systems or for buildings with six or more residential units. That ordinance has been in place since 2002.

The new ordinance would require the boxes be installed on all of those properties, plus buildings with three or more residential units.

lockbox_1.jpg

Did you listen to the complaints from the tax payes of that city? I suggest youu do so one more time if you did.

from the article>

lockbox_1.jpg

2002? I blame Obama!

from the article>

lockbox_1.jpg

2002? I blame Obama!

I'm blaming the city, I don't know if they are republicans or democrats nor do I care.

These lockboxes are not an uncommon sight on quite a bit of the commercial property here in New England already and have been for quite a few years. They are intended to allow emergency services personnel quick access to the facility in case of an alarm without having to damage the property.

I've got no issue with these on commercial property. On residential properties, I'm more skeptical. Apartment buildings and places like that, which are really as much commercial property as residential I can see requiring. Your standard up/down or left/right duplex or "three deckers" as we call them in Worcester, MA... I don't think so.

These lockboxes are not an uncommon sight on quite a bit of the commercial property here in New England already and have been for quite a few years. They are intended to allow emergency services personnel quick access to the facility in case of an alarm without having to damage the property.

I've got no issue with these on commercial property. On residential properties, I'm more skeptical. Apartment buildings and places like that, which are really as much commercial property as residential I can see requiring. Your standard up/down or left/right duplex or "three deckers" as we call them in Worcester, MA... I don't think so.

What happens is they always start off with the other guy until they run out of other guys then they come too you, when that happens it will be too late.

What happens is they always start off with the other guy until they run out of other guys then they come too you, when that happens it will be too late.

reb, anyone coming through my door unannounced is going to be met by gunfire; whether it's 3am or 3pm. I'm not terribly concerned about it, personally. Besides, I don't own property, I rent.

Oh, and has anyone thought of the simplest solution possible to this..... CHANGE THE LOCKS after you put the key in the box.

It's the same solution I've suggested, should they ever start taking shell casings from newly purchased firearms... change the barrel as soon as you buy the gun and the casing is worthless.

Forum List

Back