CDC unveils response plan to zombie plague

I have to admit, this was one of the last things I would have expected to read on a government site:

"If zombies did start roaming the streets, CDC would conduct an investigation much like any other disease outbreak. CDC would provide technical assistance to cities, states, or international partners dealing with a zombie infestation. This assistance might include consultation, lab testing and analysis, patient management and care, tracking of contacts, and infection control (including isolation and quarantine). It’s likely that an investigation of this scenario would seek to accomplish several goals: determine the cause of the illness, the source of the infection/virus/toxin, learn how it is transmitted and how readily it is spread, how to break the cycle of transmission and thus prevent further cases, and how patients can best be treated. Not only would scientists be working to identify the cause and cure of the zombie outbreak, but CDC and other federal agencies would send medical teams and first responders to help those in affected areas (I will be volunteering the young nameless disease detectives for the field work)."

Source

They actually spent tax money on this piece of crap?

That'd definitely be the downside of allowing Teabaggers access to the Federal Government.

1054180984_7841.jpg

I remember hearing about this last spring. The purpose of this is to increase awareness and education on emergency preparedness. The zombie theme is just a way to get people's attention and to make it more interesting.

CDC Warns Public to Prepare for 'Zombie Apocalypse' | Fox News

Yup. Humor is a great way to defuse normal anxiety about disaster planning.

Case in point: Our 20-something daughter freaked when she learned that our area is overdue for a massive earthquake -- but she had all her zombie preps and escape routes in place.

Bottom line: Seriously planning for a zombie attack, including water (1 gallon per day per person), food, sanitary accommodations, and communications with the outside world is good planning for almost any short-term disaster.

If it gets Generation X on board, it works.

-- Paravani

Forum List

Back