CDC Study: Queer teens make poorer choices

Poor choice #1: Sticking your penor in another mans butt.
Poor choice#2: Having a man stick his penor in your butt.

Poor choice #3: Encouraging your very young child to take a man's penor in his butt.

Hey, let's all give Allie a big hand for spelling hypothesis correctly, even if it wasn't the appropriate word in the first place. :clap2:

:lol:

I guess BM believes being gay is a choice. Just one more choice in a constellation of bad choices.

As to being strait or gay, that is hard to know what goes on in people's minds. And folks who are perfectly strait have gay urges, and gays have been known to marry and have sex with the opposite sex. My language professor at college was flamboyantly gay in behavior (heavy smoker, tight pants, gay mannerisms when talking) but when I met up with him he had been married 20 years and had four kids.

Who you are is who you are. What you do is a matter of choice, and it makes you who you are.

Manifolds post was that people who identify as gay engage in self destructive behaviors more than the norm. All I can say is, from the limited constellation of gays that I know, this has been perfectly consistant with my observations as well. The more interesting question is, is gayness a reflection of a self destructive state of mind, which seems consistant with what I have observed, or is the self destructive behavior of gays a response to how they are treated by the outside community?

But no one ever fits the stereotype. My language professor was happily married 30 years from the last report I had of him. I knew a guy in San Francisco who was even more flamboyant in his gay behavior. (he had a cosmetology licence and gave all the women in the office hair stylings on a regular basis) He also had a monogamous relation with a guy for over 20 years.

Lots of guys who are aggressively strait will inadvertently reveal romantic and sexual desires not consistant with their stated position.

Anyway, you can't say all A are B when it comes to sexuality. The best you can say is that if you engage in activity A, there is a very high probability that B will happen to you.
So it is your contention that gays are in dire "straits"? :lol:

You forget we are discussing teens, here. Not men that have been married for thirty years. You have no idea what the man engaged in when he was a teen.

I think the being a teenager is horribly confusing. I think kids are over sexualized and subject to too much confusing simulation. Over sexuality at too young an age is abusive.

Kids need self respect (not self esteem) and discipline (not what Cecile means, but internal moral strength) Over sexuality destroys self respect by making what is intimate and intense into casual and and animalistic. Lack of discipline reduces us to the level of ferrets.

I think that kids who are too involved in sexuality too young have their self respect taken away. Lack of self respect leads to unhealthy behaviors. Which are part of what we associate with gay.

Actual sexual preference is not cast in stone. Gays can have healthy homosexual relationships the same way straits can. Relationships based on mutual respect, courtesy and companionship. Such things, from what I have seen, are rare. And everyone knows heterosexuals who have destructive relationships. the marriages of John Edwards and Newt Gingrich come to mind very quickly.

Anyway, High school is too soon to be overly involved in sexuality. (Lots of it goes on, of course) The proper response is to help build the kids self respect and healthy behavior wil follow.

And when they reach their 20's, they feel more inclined one way or the other, when they are more emotionally mature, that is the time to actually decide to identify.

More Risky Behaviors Among Gay, Bisexual High School Students: CDC - US News and World Report

MONDAY, June 6 (HealthDay News) -- One of the first and largest national studies of the behaviors of American high school students finds that those who identify as gay, lesbian or bisexual are more likely than their heterosexual peers to take unhealthy risks.

Shocker! :eek:

Let me throw something out here in the hopes that it might start a flame war.

Here's what I think about some homosexual males (not all). Some are not born gay. :eek: Imagine that. Most teens are highly impressionable. If some guy talks another guy into having sex, pretty soon it becomes "normal" and low and behold they must've been born gay! Fortunately for me, my babysitter had big boobs.

Fortunately for me, my sexuality was never held in the balance by the size of my babysitter's boobs.

Just lucky I guess. But whatcha gonna do? :dunno:

Forum List

Back