CDC: Guns Save Lives

Weatherman2020

Diamond Member
Mar 3, 2013
Right coast, classified
Narrative Fail.

Study from a few years ago, funny how the left ignores science and goes with emotions.

Majority of gun related deaths are from suicide. And as I posted in another thread, psychologists are saying the dramatic increase in suicides is due to people not having God in their lives and feeling their lives have no purpose.

CDC Study: Use of Firearms for Self-Defense is ‘Important Crime Deterrent’

Narrative Fail.

Study from a few years ago, funny how the left ignores science and goes with emotions.

Majority of gun related deaths are from suicide. And as I posted in another thread, psychologists are saying the dramatic increase in suicides is due to people not having God in their lives and feeling their lives have no purpose.

not having God in their lives and feeling their lives have no purpose.
You can see it from the liberal posters who visit this web site. They are miserable wretches, and try to demean the rest of US who believe in the higher power. Those miscreants insult us as Rubes, because We the People hold onto our God and Guns, which prevents them from achieving their wet dream of total subjugation to a tyrannical government who gives them just enough to keep them voting for those that keep them miserable and poor.

f07c66b66978438ac438a7cc1ba81a61.jpg

Narrative Fail.

If you would have taken the 10 minutes necessary to look at the report yourself you would know this is fake news.

First, it was not a report or a study but a paper laying out the research priorities relating to reducing gun violence.

Second, this paper makes no conclusions at all. It does though specifically state that more research is needed to determine the effectiveness of guns for self defense.

As a gun owner and a 2nd Amendment advocate, I hate people who spread fake news as it undermines legit discussions on the topic

Sent from my iPhone using USMessageBoard.com

Narrative Fail.

One other thing, Guns don't save people..People with guns, save people.
Can save a person.................By itself can not save a person...
armed-beautiful-young-woman-rifle-neglected-house-33661054.jpg 109156-1-large.jpg

Narrative Fail.

Guns take live, funny how some ignore reality.

Narrative Fail.

Plastic forks, bathrooms, and buckets take lives too.

Narrative Fail.

If you would have taken the 10 minutes necessary to look at the report yourself you would know this is fake news.

First, it was not a report or a study but a paper laying out the research priorities relating to reducing gun violence.

Second, this paper makes no conclusions at all. It does though specifically state that more research is needed to determine the effectiveness of guns for self defense.

As a gun owner and a 2nd Amendment advocate, I hate people who spread fake news as it undermines legit discussions on the topic

Sent from my iPhone using USMessageBoard.com
Sorry dufus, the report is done.

https://www.nap.edu/read/18319/chapter/1#ii

1. Armed citizens are less likely to be injured by an attacker:
“Studies that directly assessed the effect of actual defensive uses of guns (i.e., incidents in which a gun was ‘used’ by the crime victim in the sense of attacking or threatening an offender) have found consistently lower injury rates among gun-using crime victims compared with victims who used other self-protective strategies.”

2. Defensive uses of guns are common:
“Almost all national survey estimates indicate that defensive gun uses by victims are at least as common as offensive uses by criminals, with estimates of annual uses ranging from about 500,000 to more than 3 million per year…in the context of about 300,000 violent crimes involving firearms in 2008.”

3. Mass shootings and accidental firearm deaths account for a small fraction of gun-related deaths, and both are declining:
“The number of public mass shootings of the type that occurred at Sandy Hook Elementary School accounted for a very small fraction of all firearm-related deaths. Since 1983 there have been 78 events in which 4 or more individuals were killed by a single perpetrator in 1 day in the United States, resulting in 547 victims and 476 injured persons.” The report also notes, “Unintentional firearm-related deaths have steadily declined during the past century. The number of unintentional deaths due to firearm-related incidents accounted for less than 1 percent of all unintentional fatalities in 2010.”

4. “Interventions” (i.e, gun control) such as background checks, so-called assault rifle bans and gun-free zones produce “mixed” results:
“Whether gun restrictions reduce firearm-related violence is an unresolved issue.” The report could not conclude whether “passage of right-to-carry laws decrease or increase violence crime.”

5. Gun buyback/turn-in programs are “ineffective” in reducing crime:
“There is empirical evidence that gun turn in programs are ineffective, as noted in the 2005 NRC study Firearms and Violence: A Critical Review. For example, in 2009, an estimated 310 million guns were available to civilians in the United States (Krouse, 2012), but gun buy-back programs typically recover less than 1,000 guns (NRC, 2005). On the local level, buy-backs may increase awareness of firearm violence. However, in Milwaukee, Wisconsin, for example, guns recovered in the buy-back were not the same guns as those most often used in homicides and suicides (Kuhn et al., 2002).”

6. Stolen guns and retail/gun show purchases account for very little crime:
“More recent prisoner surveys suggest that stolen guns account for only a small percentage of guns used by convicted criminals. … According to a 1997 survey of inmates, approximately 70 percent of the guns used or possess by criminals at the time of their arrest came from family or friends, drug dealers, street purchases, or the underground market.”

7. The vast majority of gun-related deaths are not homicides, but suicides:
“Between the years 2000-2010 firearm-related suicides significantly outnumbered homicides for all age groups, annually accounting for 61 percent of the more than 335,600 people who died from firearms related violence in the United States.”

Narrative Fail.

Why then do mass murderers not choose to use plastic forks, bathrooms and buckets in lieu of guns?

Narrative Fail.

Why then do mass murderers not choose to use plastic forks, bathrooms and buckets in lieu of guns?

Because they use trucks, and gallons of gasoline to do their crimes. Both methods I list here have greater death numbers than any gun crime BTW.

Narrative Fail.

Because they use trucks, and gallons of gasoline to do their crimes. Both methods I list here have greater death numbers than any gun crime BTW.

True, T. McVeigh comes to mind, but for every McVeigh and Randolph (Olympic bomber), many more mass shooting occur. McVeigh killed many more than each of the mass killings by guns, but the quantity and number of events and victims is far and away greater than these two outliars.

Narrative Fail.

They do.
Society just let’s them do it.

Narrative Fail.

Criminals used guns to murder 11,004 people in 2016. 70-80% of those victims were other criminals......(according to the bill clinton Department of Justice study on gun self defense.)

Law abiding Americans use their legal guns on average 1,500,000 times a year to stop violent rapes, robberies and murders......

So......1,500,000 crimes stopped.... vs. 11,004 gun murders by criminals, primarily against other criminals...

So, guns save far more lives than they take......

And you know what....of the 1,500,000 times guns are used to stop rapes, robberies and murders...the criminal is only shot and killed about 230 times a year.....

Which means that the gun that saves lives is rarely actually fired, while the criminal runs away, is held by the victim till the police arrive, or is merely wounded....

That is the truth, those are the facts, and that is the reality of gun ownership in the U.S....

And more truth...

We went from 200 million guns in private hands in the 1990s and 4.7 million people carrying guns for self defense in 1997...to close to 400-600 million guns in private hands and over 17 million people carrying guns for self defense in 2017...guess what happened...
-- gun murder down 49%

--gun crime down 75%

--violent crime down 72%

Gun Homicide Rate Down 49% Since 1993 Peak; Public Unaware

Compared with 1993, the peak of U.S. gun homicides, the firearm homicide rate was 49% lower in 2010, and there were fewer deaths, even though the nation’s population grew. The victimization rate for other violent crimes with a firearm—assaults, robberies and sex crimes—was 75% lower in 2011 than in 1993. Violent non-fatal crime victimization overall (with or without a firearm) also is down markedly (72%) over two decades.

Narrative Fail.

The muslim terrorist in Nice, France used a rental truck to murder 86 people....more people murdered in one attack than each of our mass public shootings....rental trucks are deadlier than guns....

Narrative Fail.

True, T. McVeigh comes to mind, but for every McVeigh and Randolph (Olympic bomber), many more mass shooting occur. McVeigh killed many more than each of the mass killings by guns, but the quantity and number of events and victims is far and away greater than these two outliars.

Wrong.....mass public shooters have murdered 795 people......in 35 years, from 1982-2017.....knives are used to murder over 1,600 people every single year....

Narrative Fail.

Why is it that my dad and his friends routinely took their rifles to school to go rabbit hunting afterwards?

As my thread yesterday on psychologists position on why teen suicide is skyrocketing, the problem is atheism.

Narrative Fail.

And you would be wrong. 70 people were murdered by a gallon of gasoline in a New York nightclub, the truck killing in Nice killed 86. Had paddock used a truck against the country music crowd he would have killed hundreds, thankfully he chose the least efficient method of killing that he could based on his chosen methodology. Your definition of mass shooting is based on country towns numbers and they are fiction. It says a lot about a group that rely's on false data as much as they do.

So, 'good guys with guns' patrolling as a militia could save lives. Where are they?

Narrative Fail.

I never saw a gun get up and start shooting on its own.

WH2020 is not stupid, he is however very dishonest.

There are some, a very few, who want to repeal the 2nd A., about as many as those who believe they have the right to own and possess surface to air missiles and even nuclear arms.

Most believe, and i'm one of them, that the right to own a defensive weapon is legal and should remain so, unless a trier of facts determines that are not fit to own, possess or have in their custody and control a gun.

How that is established should, IMO, be the right of the state, and of the people in each state and other territories wherein COTUS is the law.

Rational people, and that includes the late Justice Scalia, believe that the 2nd A. Right can be suspended for certain people who should not own or possess a gun.

In my opinion, no one convicted of a high crime (felony) or a misdemeanor against a person; a drug addict or alcoholic; someone detained civilly as a danger to them self or others; a member of a criminal gang, as adjudicated in any court; and anyone with a Dishonorable Discharge from the Military Service, should not be allowed to buy, borrow, rent or in any manner obtain a firearm.

Those who do have a firearm in their custody after such a finding, and the person or persons who allowed said person to possess in any manner a firearm, will be considered a full accessory, and each upon conviction should serve 10 years in the State Prison without the possibility of earning good time credit.

Narrative Fail.

A study from 2013???

Here's some more recent news AND NO ONE is taking home based firearms for self-protection away from you morons....

Republicans Say No to CDC Gun Violence Research ? ProPublica

Quietly, Congress extends a ban on CDC research on gun violence ...

Forum List

Back