CCleaner 5

Bleipriester

Freedom!
Nov 14, 2012
Doucheland
The new CCleaner 5 is there. It comes with an improved 64 bit version, a new Windows 8 interface and more offerings during the installation. I am very angry about this, so we are not going to download their free edition but use the professional portable version instead, that comes with CCEnhacer, supporting over 2000 programs. If you don´t like the version 5, version 4, also with CCEnhancer, is included. Regardless of wich version you prefer: If you start the tool the first time, the CCleanerPortable.ini will appear that one will open with the editor and turn that entry:
DisableSplashScreen=false to
DisableSplashScreen=true

Oh yeah!
MEGA

I'm not proud. I just download their free version. I have been using it for years and love it. I also use Fix-it Utilities. I have been using that one for a couple years now. Both monitor my system and keep my PC free of extra un-needed files. When the files get removed, I then have additional problems when I shutdown my PC, since it will continue to run for awhile before turning itself off. That only means that with the empty space created by the file removals, I need to run Defrag to consolidate all that empty space.

:drills: The free version isn´t monitoring the computer :drills:
The protable one, too.

That's not correct for the latest free version of CC5 that I just downloaded. If you configure it to start up when you boot up your PC, then it will be monitoring your system. Mine is monitoring my PC, right now. I will see what it will do in the next few weeks, but I will probably disable it from start up. Now, I still allow Fix-it utilities to monitor everything, but even Fix-It doesn't catch everything until I turn it on and let it run its analyses.

"CCleaner 5.0 and CCleaner 5.0 Portable are available now as freeware downloads for PCs running Windows XP or later. A Professional version offering additional features including real-time monitoring and complete system cleaning is also available, and you can get it for just $17.46 through the Downloadcrew Software Store, which represents an amazing -- and exclusive -- discount of 30 percent off the MSRP."
CCleaner 5 arrives -- gains redesigned user interface improved Chrome support

I just downloaded free-5. It's got the same monitoring options as free-4, which is it will tell you when your trash can is filled with over half a gig. I consider it a waste of system resources to have a background program constantly running just for that, so I went to options and shut off all monitoring.

ccleaner.jpg

It might monitor my system, but it tells me nothing in the way of any help. I still have to turn it on to delete cookies and swap files, so it's going to be disabled. Maybe that's what is causing Assassins Creed Unity to play so badly. :ack-1:

It might monitor my system, but it tells me nothing in the way of any help. I still have to turn it on to delete cookies and swap files, so it's going to be disabled. Maybe that's what is causing Assassins Creed Unity to play so badly. :ack-1:
That must be the reason. Also try to disable the Microsoft torrent client.

Forum List

Back