CCF's dig on the remake of Charlotte's Web

This seems unneccesarily reactionary to me. It's just a commercial. Wasn't it illegal when Elliot broke ET out of his bubble and kidnapped him? Wasn't The Goonies, in essence, nothing but kids doing illegal things?

Also, this....

Paramount's official website for Charlotte's Web includes "educational links" to animal-rights extremist groups including Farm Sanctuary and the Humane Society of the United States.

Is the Humane Society considered an extremist group? PETA, without a doubt, but the Humane Society? I genuinely don't know here, I'm curious.

They sort of seem to be stretching to make the link between Paramount and PETA. If Michael Moore had written this, much eye-rolling would ensue.

This seems unneccesarily reactionary to me. It's just a commercial. Wasn't it illegal when Elliot broke ET out of his bubble and kidnapped him? Wasn't The Goonies, in essence, nothing but kids doing illegal things?

Also, this....

Is the Humane Society considered an extremist group? PETA, without a doubt, but the Humane Society? I genuinely don't know here, I'm curious.

They sort of seem to be stretching to make the link between Paramount and PETA. If Michael Moore had written this, much eye-rolling would ensue.
The thing on the Humane Society's new to me, but CCF usually has great points on PeTA.

That is outrageous, they deserve to be targeted:

Overview
Humane Society of the United States Despite the words “humane society” on its letterhead, the Humane Society of the United States (HSUS) is not affiliated with your local animal shelter. Despite the omnipresent dogs and cats in its fundraising materials, it’s not an organization that runs spay/neuter programs or takes in stray, neglected, and abused pets. And despite the common image of animal protection agencies as cash-strapped organizations dedicated to animal welfare, HSUS has become the wealthiest animal rights organization on earth.

HSUS is big, rich, and powerful, a “humane society” in name only. And while most local animal shelters are under-funded and unsung, HSUS has accumulated $113 million in assets and built a recognizable brand by capitalizing on the confusion its very name provokes. This misdirection results in an irony of which most animal lovers are unaware: HSUS raises enough money to finance animal shelters in every single state, with money to spare, yet it doesn’t operate a single one anywhere...

http://www.consumerdeception.com

The Center for Consumer Freedom is a front group funded the meat, tobacco, alcohol, and restaurant industries. They consistently fight against public smoking bans, drunk driving laws, and regulations of the meat and restaurant industries. They have taken in at least $2,950,000 from Phillip Morris (the nation's largest tobacco producer), and millions of dollars more from the meat producers. They routinely criticize and spread libel about animal rights and animal welfare groups in order to protect their clients.

The CCF are truly masters of spin. Activistcash.com is also a CCF website and therefore untrustworthy. Despite what the CCF might claim, the HSUS did very well in rescuing animals after the tsunami and Hurricane Katrina. And how much of the millions of dollars the CCF receives are used to rescue animals? ZERO. So until they are helping animals, they ought to keep their mouths shut.

That is outrageous, they deserve to be targeted:

http://www.hsus.org/about_us/about_...e_opposition/center_for_consumer_freedom.html

Don't believe a word the CCF says, or anything on the activistcash.com website (run by the CCF). The CCF takes in millions of dollars in donations every year, but not one dollar goes to animal rescue. So they have no right to criticize the HSUS.

And what about Wendy's, who is giving Charlotte's Web toys with their kids meal? ( http://www.wendys.com/kids_meal/index.jsp ) Why isn't the CCF condemning the dangerous animal-rights lunatics at Wendy's? Perhaps because Wendy's gave the CCF a $200,000 donation in 2001?

Seriously, you guys need to check out CCF's background before believing anything they say.

Forum List

Back