CC This Is For You!

Originally posted by Said1
As a fellow Canadian, you should know some of your ideas have been implemented, at least in part, in Canada. Did you read the post in the Canada section regarding Islamic law in Ontario? Seems like someone is forcing their religous/cultural beliefs on the entire province of Ontario. If you want to look at your ideas, and see how they well they work, look to your own country and see how things are going.

:clap:

I think it's a good idea. But then again, i'm naive, and a pinko/bleeding heart liberal/humanist. But then again, no one is perfect.

Said, living with American media, you don't get a very clear picture of what's going on in Canada, (or the rest of the world, for that matter) and like I said, I've never been terribly immersed in politics anyway.
You're a very funny lady.

Wow, I need new glasses, I thought the name was Mrs.Marples :D

Agatha Christie, right?
No...
Where do I know that name from?

I can only remember Hercule Poirot, Parker Pyne and Harley Quin.

Wow, I need new glasses, I thought the name was Mrs.Marples :D

LOL I did the same the first response to him, I had to go and edited it. Yeah, Agatha Christie Rocks!

Originally posted by crazy canadian
Said, living with American media, you don't get a very clear picture of what's going on in Canada, (or the rest of the world, for that matter) and like I said, I've never been terribly immersed in politics anyway.
You're a very funny lady.

www.world-news-papers.com is a good place to go. You can get every newspaper from North Korea state owned paper to The Toronto Sun.

So, if it's too late to talk to them, and killing doesn't work either, what would you do?

Killing does work. That's the thing.

The terrorists probably aren't going to back off anytime soon, either. It's up to us to lead by example. Not give in to terrorism, just start peace from within. Gain some respect in the eyes of the terrorists.

The scary thing is, there is no known way of doing this.
When life is not a value in society, it's much harder to reckon with them.
Forget the life of other people; when your own life is not valued in society- when you don't strive to preserve your own life- much of what we take as a given becomes obsolete. We always go on the assumption that people want to preserve their lives, that they want to grow, thrive and succeed. We assume that people want peace. Once you encounter a society that doesn't live under these principles, you will have much more trouble.
And suicidal terrorists are just such a society.

Forum List

Back