CC This Is For You!

Annie

Diamond Member
Nov 22, 2003
http://www.techcentralstation.com/060904D.html

If we pretend that our enemies are really our friends, and that if we make nice with them they will do what we want, then we will never be able to make peace with them. Why should they make peace -- looking at it from their point of view -- when we do not even respect them enough to recognize them fair and square as our enemy? Christ said "love your enemy," but he did not say "don't have enemies," because that is not in our power. We love our enemies by respecting them, and we are able to make peace with them if we respect them enough to take them seriously, and put them in a position where it is in their interest to make peace with us. We make peace with them, but peace comes through strength, and trust must be verified.

and not just amongst an Arab population...

Originally posted by Kathianne
and not just amongst an Arab population...

errrr...right you are! Unfortunately.

I think it's important to note that most people(dare I generalize) are not looking to "appease" terrorists but are extremely concerned that innocent victims of this war brought on by the hellacious S.Hussein get the message that we come in peace...

As we continue to level their country in our hunt for murderous soms a ma bitches.

well I don't know whether or not I'm in the majority, but I have far less concern for the innocents 'over there' than the innocents 'over here'. I may be myopic, but wtf?

Our enemies are not people. Anyone of us born in another country would be raised the same way. Our enemies are, for example, meteors hurtling toward earth, or natural disasters, things that make people come together.

As soon as you kill someone, or treat them as not a person just like you, you can't get them, or their family, or anyone who can actually picture that person being themself, to listen to you. No matter how righteous the message. Collateral damage is more serious than anyone thinks.

Originally posted by Kathianne
well I don't know whether or not I'm in the majority, but I have far less concern for the innocents 'over there' than the innocents 'over here'. I may be myopic, but wtf?

I think I agree with you... in PART.

But generally I think all lives are equal, terrorists aside.

We need to protect us, and it's not our fault that the terrorists hide amongst civilians... but that makes murder okay?

posted by CCOur enemies are not people. Anyone of us born in another country would be raised the same way. Our enemies are, for example, meteors hurtling toward earth, or natural disasters, things that make people come together.

Gee I thought they were those that we fought against.

Originally posted by crazy canadian
As soon as you kill someone, or treat them as not a person just like you, you can't get them, or their family, or anyone who can actually picture that person being themself, to listen to you. No matter how righteous the message. Collateral damage is more serious than anyone thinks.

Well said, in content.
Killing one innocent produces untold number of enemies. I mean these terrorists are pretty good at getting people/kids to blow themselves up. Let alone those who just lost a grandmother to a bomb.

So, if it's too late to talk to them, and killing doesn't work either, what would you do?

Nope, not in self defense either. You can't explain exactly when this war really started. A lot of 'shit' has gone down over the years. It has turned into a circle, and now the stakes are raised. Because both sides are claiming self-defense, to some extent.

The terrorists probably aren't going to back off anytime soon, either. It's up to us to lead by example. Not give in to terrorism, just start peace from within. Gain some respect in the eyes of the terrorists.

CC you are not going to convince most of us that turning the other cheek will result in greater security. I believe our past 4 presidents gave that a go, with failure following.

I promised my husband I would get off the computer. I'll try to check in and see who's attacked these notions later.

You just need the right combination of events, plus a new perspective. Probably won't happen, so don't worry.

Forum List

Back