CBS's shameless sitcom guise to promote Hillary Clinton

TheGreatGatsby

Gold Member
Mar 27, 2012
California
I meant to post this months ago when I saw CBS's original trailer for 'Madam Secretary'; you know the show in which their is a hot (non hag) blonde, Tea Leoni doing an absolutely wonderful job as secretary of state. I could not find the promo now; but my favorite shameless part was when she yells, "Why don't you let me do the job you hired me to do!" -- As if she has perfectly intrinsic motives and lives in some sort of fantasy land. Give me a break; that is totally opposite of the Obama/Clinton reality.

I'm sure this shameless show won't portray the reality:

There's no way it's as good as "That's my Bush" :thup:

I never watched it...It could've been okay. But I doubt it was great. It seemed to easy and hence lacking any real imagination...There was a comedy in the early 90's or so about a corrupt senator. I think it was on Fox. I don't know if it was that funny or if I was just young. I wish I could remember the name of it. It sucked that it got canceled after five to ten episodes or so. Likely, congressional factions bartered to get it canceled. It was pretty damning (likely spot on) despite its light mood.

I watched a few episodes of Homeland. They have Lawrence O'Donnell getting an exclusive interview with a returning war hero. Huh? Later, a Rep congressman is shamed in a scandal, and a sympathetic, warm, stylish Dem fundraiser ensues.

The networks have top-down directives described as 'behavior placement', and it mirrors the Dem platform. That's another reason why shows and movies often double as campaign commercials for the Democratic Party.

On the other hand, the cops always get their man, crime never pays, the surveillance State is justified, protesting is ridiculed, etc..

I watched a few episodes of Homeland. They have Lawrence O'Donnell getting an exclusive interview with a returning war hero. Huh? Later, a Rep congressman is shamed in a scandal, and a sympathetic, warm, stylish Dem fundraiser ensues.

The networks have top-down directives described as 'behavior placement', and it mirrors the Dem platform. That's another reason why shows and movies often double as campaign commercials for the Democratic Party.

On the other hand, the cops always get their man, crime never pays, the surveillance State is justified, protesting is ridiculed, etc..
You ever notice how the 'hero' of most police shows completely disregard any semblance of rights. they often break into homes and gather 'evidence' that could never appear in any court because they go about it illegally. Rarely is a warrant even spoken of and usually as a joke as they don't need one.

Some of the more modern ones manage to break this (like CSI/bones/etc) but then again, like you said, they always get their guy. Usually on some silly ass confession.

I remember when folks claimed the same nonsense back in 2006 when Madame President starring Geena Davis aired.

I meant to post this months ago when I saw CBS's original trailer for 'Madam Secretary'; you know the show in which their is a hot (non hag) blonde, Tea Leoni doing an absolutely wonderful job as secretary of state. I could not find the promo now; but my favorite shameless part was when she yells, "Why don't you let me do the job you hired me to do!" -- As if she has perfectly intrinsic motives and lives in some sort of fantasy land. Give me a break; that is totally opposite of the Obama/Clinton reality.

It's not a sitcom you idiot.

Shitcom?

What is your point?

The op never alludes to it being a sitcom either.

What is your point?

Lol. What's the title of the thread?

What is your point?

Lol. What's the title of the thread?

lol. I missed the fact he called it a sitcom in the title. Oh well.

What is your point?

Retarded posts like this is why negs should have never went away.
?

Yes, it is soooo terrible that I missed the sitcom statement in the title. After reading all the posts, I wasn't exactly focused on the title.

I guess if you cant post without name calling though, you had an opening. Nice work and all :rolleyes:

New Topics

Forum List

Back